“FOUR TRANQUIL DAYS........”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Bastimentos
Tranquilo Bay Eco Adventure Lodge
GreenLeadersGold level
london uk
“FOUR TRANQUIL DAYS........”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Tranquilo, surrounded by the jungle and rain forest, with a very nice cabin/villa set in verdant gardens. The owners have created a splendid place - much with their own sweat and toil - and obviously enjoy all that they do.
Pick up at the airport, and a 25 minute boat ride to Tranquilo and suddenly you're there - walking through the mangroves up to the main building where a cold beer and warm welcome awaits you.
The two resident naturalists, Ramon and Natalia, are great enthusiasts - and I was especially grateful when Natalia rescued me following over enthusiastic paddling, I managed to overturn mid-ocean!
A great place - perhaps our main constructive suggestion would be placing some benches around the large gardens so guests could more easily quietly enjoy seeing and hearing the birds and the extraordinary three toed sloths.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We have found what might be one of the few remaining Shangri-La's in the world. Tranquilo Bay is just such a place.....few people, no roads, and no TV. This plush island is an unbelievable place to spend the morning or afternoon absorbing nature at its best. Birdwatching is awesome here! You can also snorkel, kayak, swim or just explore the amazing flora and fauna.The owners were helpful, friendly and hospitable and their bright and well-behaved children were delightful. Our guide Ramon was extremely knowledgable, but most of all, he had genuine warmth and real dedication to preserving the local ecology. He was a pleasure to be with. All in all, it was an enjoyable and exciting vacation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djaba
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We were lucky enough to spend some of our Christmas at Tranquilo Bay. It was awesome! We hiked (with friendly knowledgable guides,) kayaked, surfed, visited bat cave, ate very well and were just so well looked after! The staff is friendly, helpful And the owners helped us plan this wonderful holiday to every detail from getting a guide in Panama City when we arrived to the flight to Bastimentos and even our ride back to the the airport in Panama City to leave and EVERYTHING in between! They are warm and welcoming, knowledgeable accomodating and fun. It was adventurous but relaxing at the same time because you can choose your options/agenda with your guide each day. Our family loved this place and the people who made it so special for us!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary B
Olympia, Washington, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We just got back home after spending a week at Tranquilo Bay Eco Resort. Honestly, it was like going to visit friends. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I searched and searched online for a "Ocean/Jungle" location to stay, I couldn't have picked a better place! I loved that some of the jungle paths were paved, walking safely barefoot in the jungle does something for one's soul! And the fact that you can go from a jungle hike right down to the water and snorkel in 5 minutes was amazing! This is a perfect location for those looking for peace while being able to go birding, hiking, snorkeling, kayaking, and- even spelunking! Everything in one place! Paradise! I have Flora & Fauna photos on my flickr, look up Contacting_Lens- Panama Photo Set.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are lovely, all have a great view and A/C!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jami H
NY
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Given so many wonderful places in the world to travel to and enjoy we rarely go back to he same place. Tranquilo Bay is the only resort we have ever decided to visit again and are so glad we did. Our first visit was 3.5 years ago with our 3 boys. This trip was with one of the boys. Given that the place is close to perfect, we were thrilled to see that very little has changed. Tranquilo Bay is a very special place. It feels like you are visiting your favorite relatives who you haven't seen in a long time and have the most incredible house that you can enjoy without having to share it with anyone else. It offers luxury in the middle of nowhere with so much to see and do or nothing to do whichever your preference.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank reigns
North Tonawanda NY
Reviewed 4 May 2011

My husband and I spent seven heavenly days and nights at Tranquilo Bay 16-23 April. I must say, it was absolutely one of our most memorable vacations ever!
I began corresponding with Renee in May 2010. She was so kind and patient in her e-mails . I had alot of questions for her and she was so helpful .I think she knew immediately by my explanation of the type of travel we enjoyed that we would be a good fit for Tranquilo Bay.
As soon as we confirmed our reservation, Renee sent us a questionnaire about the types of food we preferred. I am a very picky eater (Renee will confirm this!!). I was allowed to express our likes and dislikes. One can also report if on a special diet, has a gluten intolerence, etc.
We flew from Buffalo to JFK. On Saturday, we flew Taca JFK to San Jose, Costa Rica, and then on to Panama City Tocumen. A private transfer is provided by Tranquilo Bay to Panama/Albrook, We then flew to Bocas Del Toro and were transferred by boat to the resort.
In Bocas, we were greeted by Jim,Renee's husband. One of the resident guide, Natalias was with us. The boat ride was wonderful!
Our luggage was taken to our cabana. We were greeted by Renee, Jay, (one of the owners), Ramon(the other resident botanists/guide), Tres, Botey (Renee and Jim's children), and Luna and Foola, the resident dogs!! We felt instantly welcomed. Renee led us to our breath-takingly beautiful cabana, where we prepped to go for our first dinner.
The grounds here are amazing. I cannot imagine owning all this beautiful property. I cannot imagine the upkeep. The staff here is wonderful and friendly. They work hard. You can tell this is one big happy family.
When walking the resort, one cannot imagine the work, knowledge, and planning Jim and Jay had to build this place. I cannot imagine anyone being this knowledgeable. The ingenuity is amazing. It is all eco-friendly. One can tell how environmentally friendly everyone here is.
The guides, Natalia and Ramon, are the kindest,most genuinely kind peoiple one could ever meet. They are such experts in their field. Their experience is so widespead. Tranquilo is lucky to have them and vice-versa. We were fortunate, through their amazing eyes, to see monkeys, sloths, lizards, all types of birds, frogs,all types of flora, and marine life as well.
The food here is to DIE for!! We have travelled extensively and I have NEVER eaten so well! As picky as I am, meals are catered to you and your likes. I did try things I never had before and they were all wonderful. Renee plans the menu and everything is perfect. Hats off to the wonderful chef !Do try everything!
The cabana was well appointed with a coffee maker, snacks,linens,a mini-clock, celing fans, and A/C,which we really didn't use. It is so peacefu lhere! The view of the Zapatilla Cayes is amazing!! You will need bug spray. You are in the jungle!!
Our excursions were done mostly on property. We kayaked to the upside-down jellyfish lagoon where we snorkelled, kayaked to the national park where we hiked, walked the amazing trails at the resort, and kayaking 6-plus miles to the further Zapatilla Caye with Ramon. Jay met us there later with wonderful food and drink! It was a beautiful experience. The snorkelling at the property is so beautiful. the martine life is plentiful and the reef is so healthy. Upon arrival, Jim told me that I wouldn't need to scuba dive, He was right.
Evenings were spent at theFGreat House for amazing appetizers, cocktails, and great conversations. These people here are the friendliest, nicest people. We both could not believe ANYONE could be so nice!!
If you are looking to be entertained ,television, radio,or a party time, this is not the place for you. If you want to experience nature at its very best with oneness you could only imagine, this is where it is at! I hate to tell everyone how wonderful this place is because I want it all to myself!! But, with something this special going on with these wonderful people, how could I keep this secret to myself!!
Thank you, everyone at Tranquilo Bay. I will be contacting you soon, Renee, to book for 2012!
Jeanne

Room Tip: No tip needed
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeanne-Chiarmonte
Scarsdale
Reviewed 18 February 2011

There is no question that Tranquilo Bay was the highlight of our trip to Panama. My husband and I have visited several upscale ecolodges in Central American and this one was the best.
Tranquilo Bay is a fairly new ecolodge about one half hour by boat from the town of Bocas del Toro built by two wonderful men from Texas who live there with their families. Accommodations are in beautiful cabins, simple but perfectly appointed with great bathroom facilities. Meals, which were delicious, were in the main lodge and were eaten family style with the owners, the guides and the other guests. We spent our days hiking, birding (and we are not birders), snorkeling (one day with jelly fish) and kayaking. The personal attention we were given from both the resident field biologists as well as the owners was unparalleled.
I cannot recommend this place enough and want to thank Jim, Jay, Rene, Ramon and Natalia for a wonderful stay.

Judy

Tropical Suites Hotel
Tropical Suites Hotel
#1 of 13 in Bocas Town
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
Palmar Beach Lodge
Palmar Beach Lodge
#2 of 17 in Isla Bastimentos
Bambuda Lodge
Bambuda Lodge
#1 of 2 in Isla Solarte
La Loma Jungle Lodge and Chocolate Farm
La Loma Jungle Lodge and Chocola...
#2 of 19 in Isla Bastimentos
Azul Paradise
Azul Paradise
#5 of 17 in Isla Bastimentos

Been to Tranquilo Bay Eco Adventure Lodge? Share your experiences!