I am a solo traveller and I stayed at La Loma for 4 nights in January. This was hands down the best experience I had in my two week Panama vacation and it is probably the best experience I have had in all my tropical vacations. Although it is said to rain a lot in Bocas, I lucked out and had a totally rainfree stay.
The owners Henry and Margaret have created an amazing eco-lodge experience and they are truly such nice and interesting people. The staff was also very welcoming and helpful. I loved my cabin (#2) which was simple but beautifully appointed. Lying in the hammock, listening to the wildlife and looking out over the water was what a relaxing retreat is all about. On top of that, the three meals a day were so fresh, tasty and healthy. Meals are served at a communal table in the main lodge and I really enjoyed the evening meals and cocktails in the company of Henry, Brie, Jack and other guests at a communal table (unfortunately Margaret was sick most of the time I was there). This was a great opportunity for me to meet and talk to many interesting people from all over the world. During the day there are a number of trips one can go on, and my favorite was the two days I went snorkelling. The soft coraland sea creatures in the area is amazing. We also drove our boat around "sloth Island"(uninhabited except for lots of sloths) where we were able to see many of these fascinating animals. Seeing a sloth was a goal of my trip to Panama so sloth island was like hitting the jackpot! Oh, and it was a real treat to see the tiny little red frogs outside my cabin everyday.
If you love peace and quiet, superb natural beauty, good food, and great people, I urge you to go to La Loma Lodge. I know that I already want to go back, especiialy since it is mid March here in Edmonton and we just got another foot of snow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience something a little different. La Loma is a working cacao farm that also accepts a small number of overnight guests.vIf you want to escape everyday life, relax in comfort in a hillside rancho overlooking a secluded bay, participate in tropical farm life or engage in a range of activities designed to bring you closer to the natural environment and local communities of this spectacular island, La Loma is for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your La Loma Jungle Lodge and Chocolate Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Loma Jungle Lodge And Chocolate Farm Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- La Loma Jungle Lodge And Chocolate Farm Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro