Ever wake up one morning realizing that two old friends have spent the last decade of their lives building a paradise in the middle of the Panamanian jungle along the Caribbean coast, just so you can visit and enjoy a week of paradise? Well, then this your morning. Such is the reality waiting for you at La Loma. And I mean that in the least hyperbolic way possible.
It's been a year, sadly, since my visit to La Loma, but Henry and Margaret and the lodge have often been in our thoughts. I won't rehash the other gushing, accurate reviews on this site. The "tree-houses" are the coolest, most beautiful rooms we've ever stayed in. Wake up early and watch the monkeys jumping through the trees while you sip on the fresh coffee delivered to your doorstep each morning. The food? Yup, it really IS that good. Every ingredient is local, many from the farm you're surrounded by. Someone will give you the rundown before you dig in. Eat your heart out, Williamsburg.
Three days in, we should have known better. We took the "packed lunch" on our beach excursion. I think I actually laughed as I sifted my way through the delicious falafel and homemade yogurt and freshly baked pita with carrot salad--the degree to which my expectations were once again being so absurdly surpassed.
But what really makes this place amazing is the staff, starting with Henry and Margaret. It's such a small lodge and special place, and they are so hands on in their "service," that it really will feel like time away with old friends more than any visit to a "resort" that you have ever taken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience something a little different. La Loma is a working cacao farm that also accepts a small number of overnight guests.If you want to escape everyday life, relax in comfort in a hillside rancho overlooking a secluded bay, participate in tropical farm life or engage in a range of activities designed to bring you closer to the natural environment and local communities of this spectacular island, La Loma is for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your La Loma Jungle Lodge and Chocolate Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Loma Jungle Lodge And Chocolate Farm Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- La Loma Jungle Lodge And Chocolate Farm Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro