We went to Casa Cayuco for our Honeymoon and it was definitely something incredible. The place was a paradise, the food was really amazing and the service was sublime. It is definitely a special kind of vacation because it is a 45 minute boatride from Bocas Town, so it is away from all the things that civilization has to offer, nevertheless, the lodge is fully equipped, and the fact that it is very away from civilization helps to disconnect completely while having the capability of staying in touch through WiFi connection.
The place is very beautiful, with amazing surf spots, guided tours and reef snorkelling, with the possibility of going lobster diving, harpoon hunting and octopus fishing, it is paradise for outdoorsmen. The owners (Suzzane and Dave) are very customer oriented, kind and are definitely worried 24/7 that you have the best of times in your stay at Casa Cayuco.
I was there for my honeymoon and I definitely recommend Casa Cayuco, besides, Panamá is a fascinating country.
The most recommended tours in order of amazingness are:
1. Zapatillas diving (reef snorkeling and lobster diving).
2. Snorkelling in the beach next to the hotel.
3. Chocolate farm.
4. Pelicano beach.
There are many bugs, but they only come out at night so if you are really carefull of getting your bed's mosquito net early (4:30-5:00 pm) you won't have any trouble.
I definitely recommend Casa Cayuco, it's an experience you won't regret.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cayuco is a truely unique and intimate eco-resort that sits directly on the only calm beach in the Bocas del Toro archipelago. If you crave beauty, nature, adventures on land and sea, seclusion, delicious food and local cultures - Casa Cayuco is the place for you. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cayuco Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Casa Cayuco Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro