“Honeymoon at Casa Cayuco”
Review of Casa Cayuco

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Bastimentos
Casa Cayuco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We went to Casa Cayuco for our Honeymoon and it was definitely something incredible. The place was a paradise, the food was really amazing and the service was sublime. It is definitely a special kind of vacation because it is a 45 minute boatride from Bocas Town, so it is away from all the things that civilization has to offer, nevertheless, the lodge is fully equipped, and the fact that it is very away from civilization helps to disconnect completely while having the capability of staying in touch through WiFi connection.
The place is very beautiful, with amazing surf spots, guided tours and reef snorkelling, with the possibility of going lobster diving, harpoon hunting and octopus fishing, it is paradise for outdoorsmen. The owners (Suzzane and Dave) are very customer oriented, kind and are definitely worried 24/7 that you have the best of times in your stay at Casa Cayuco.
I was there for my honeymoon and I definitely recommend Casa Cayuco, besides, Panamá is a fascinating country.
The most recommended tours in order of amazingness are:
1. Zapatillas diving (reef snorkeling and lobster diving).
2. Snorkelling in the beach next to the hotel.
3. Chocolate farm.
4. Pelicano beach.
There are many bugs, but they only come out at night so if you are really carefull of getting your bed's mosquito net early (4:30-5:00 pm) you won't have any trouble.
I definitely recommend Casa Cayuco, it's an experience you won't regret.

Room Tip: Choose one of the newest cabins, because they have a better quality roof and they have less bugs at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolas K
There are newer reviews for Casa Cayuco

Reviewed 18 May 2014

And we have traveled a lot!
Our time at Casa Cayuco was everything we had hoped for and more. The setting was straight out of a postcard. When our boat approached the island we couldn't believe this would be our new temporary home. We felt as though we had our own private beach...because we pretty much did! The owners could not be more gracious, welcoming or helpful. We love Suzanne and Dave! We hope to return and see them again someday soon.
The lodge is centered between the most gorgeous white sand beach and a backdrop of dense, lush rainforest teeming with monkeys, red frogs, caymans and great hikes to deserted beaches (where you can skinny dip!). The food-words cannot describe-seriously, the food is amazing. Everything is home cooked from scratch by the wonderful local women that work there. We looked forward to our afternoon snack and cocktail at the hotel bar with Suzanne and Dave.
Every employee is local and each one is an exceptional human being who is very focused on making your stay exceptional. Just look at their website to read a bio on each worker!
It is totally safe and you can leave your room unlocked the entire visit. Not worrying about safety or taking your wallet out makes this a truly relaxing getaway in paradise. We are both well traveled and never plan to return to most destinations simply because there are so many places to see on this planet.... but we will be back to Casa Cayuco for sure!!! There are amazing excursions galore but you can simply enjoy your surroundings with the equipment provided - all of top notch quality. Just take a dip off the pier, kayak out a few hundred feet and snorkel and see amazing sea life. We could go on and on... but I think you get the point. GO!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CAteacherkatie
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just back from 5 days at Casa Cayuco. All positive things that have been stated in previous reviews are absolutely correct. Dave and Suzanne are perfect hosts, the property is spectacular and the food (and there was lots of it) was delicious. Fresh seafood is regularly prepared. Not being a fish lover I insisted that Suzanne not worry about me. However, whenever fish was served she surprised me another expertly prepared main dish. In the time my wife and I were there we played with just about every toy at the resort...kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel equipment and sailboat. All this can be enjoyed in the warm clear water right at the resort. For additional spectacular experiences opt for the activities that are offered. My wife particularly enjoyed the "Chocolate Factory" trip which is really a botanical tour of a beautiful nearby property mixed with mangrove snorkeling and dolphin watching. As enjoyable as the physical resort was, the human interactions were equally important to the experience. Be sure to visit the indigenous Ngobe community and befriend the other interesting guests at the resort. In summary, our stay at Casa Cayuco could not have been better. Thank you Suzanne and Dave for a very memorable experience!

Room Tip: Pelicano and Tortuga are closest to the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron S
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I are sitting at the table after breakfast at Casa Cayuco and I felt obligated to write my first review of anything, anywhere. Dave and Suzanne are amazing, the food is fantastic, and the small group communal feel is great.

I have never been to a place quite like this and within a half hour decided we have to come back in the future. We also were scheduled to leave after two nights but decided to stay for a third. I think that says it all. Come make your next stay with Dave and Suzanne at Casa Cayuco. We'll see you there!

Mike and Rikki

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have never written a review here before, but have to this time - I had the best time ever at Casa Cayuco. Just drop everything and book your time here. We traveled for 12 days all over Panama, and luckily saved the best for last. I only wish we had stayed here the entire time! One is entirely reliant on the staff as the resort is at a distance from even the nearest town - luckily the food and amenities and availability of wonderful sights nearby make this a benefit rather than any concern. Suzanne and the local people with whom she works prepared outstanding meals, we often saw the boat arrive with that day's catch only to taste it a few hours later. Interesting, delicious, and an excellent value for the price. Dave and Jose and all the other staff we met were so accommodating and helpful, and provided wonderful interesting suggestions for our day trips. We stayed in Pelicano, and being in an open air cabin was amazing, hearing the jungle sounds all night. I had been a little worried about bugs, but the beds are perfectly protected by netting, and I slept more soundly than ever. The mangrove snorkeling as well as another snorkel trip whose name escapes me were wonderful and beyond what I have seen before on other Caribbean trips. I saw an octopus, and the mangrove "garden" was one of the most colorful displays of sea spiders and sponges I've ever seen. We also kayaked out to nearby snorkeling, paddle boarded, and so often enjoyed hanging out over the water just reading or relaxing in the outdoor living room where meals were served. Just before I'd get hungry, there would come Suzanne with some amazing delicacy for a snack. Hanging out in the tiny tropical bar in the evening we enjoyed learning more about CC's history and the other guests visiting at the same time.

Not sure what to say I loved most. Hearing the waves as I fell asleep every night? Walking out every morning into the gorgeous tropical paradise greeted by fresh coffee and tea? It was perfect in so many ways. Hope to come back as soon as possible! And thanks, Dave and Suzanne, for a truly memorable trip.

Room Tip: Pelicano was perfect - right on the water. But the two other cabins close to the water seemed ideal...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

There's a reason this resort has a perfect rating on Tripadvisor. For my wife, teenage daughter and me, it started a week before we even got there - owner Dave saved us from being stranded at the airport and took us out of his way to his boat where he dropped us off at our prior accommodation. Dave and Suzanne are great hosts; laid back, funny, very attentive. For example, when there were just a few of us at the resort for mealtime, they would go to the extra trouble of having us eat out on the dock - a real treat. The food was excellent. We were especially thankful for the greens and vegetables after so much rice and chicken elsewhere. The desserts were dangerous! The accommodations are also excellent; tasteful and very comfortable. The bay is very calm near shore but good for sailing the hobie cat further out; a wonderful thing to do any time of the day. Dave was very supportive of our various adventures we planned. There is good snorkelling right out front and spear fishing around the corner. The hike to Pelican Beach is beautiful and remote. They have an excellent Paddleboard, kayaks, etc. The town of Salt Creek is well worth a visit ( we went on the Caimen Trail). It is very untouched and authentic. All in all, a memorable stay.

Room Tip: The cabins on the beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The term "special place" gets over used but Casa Cayucos more than qualifies, at least from our experience of five days swimming, kayaking, fishing, visiting indigenous villages, exploring the surrounding rain forest and just laying about at this lovely small inn. Elegantly crafted from tropical hardwoods, the cluster of open-air casitas makes a light footprint between the forest and the sea on a tranquil stretch of island paradise off the northern (Caribbean) coast of Panama. To date, development on this island remains blessedly minimal. The rain forest hovers over Casa Cayucos with no lawn or manicured buffer between you and the jungle. There are bugs and geckos. You fall asleep to the splatter of a tropical downpour and wake up to the chatter of white faced Capuchin monkeys. The inn has a communal feel. Guests eat at one long table in the main lodge and are taken together by boat to fishing, snorkeling and surfing sites and to a nearby chocolate farm. If people want to be by themselves, the owners will readily accommodate, arranging candle light dinners for two on the inn's over water deck or leading private excursions to secluded beaches and surf spots. The food is hearty home cooking with Caribbean accents. A variety of freshly caught fish and locally grown fruit are the staples. Casa Cayuco's distinction owes much to the attentiveness of new owners Dave and Suzanne and to their genuine concern for their natural surroundings and for the well being of their employees. who arrive each day by foot path from a nearby village. The hard work and good cheer of these native islanders help make Casa Cayuco a welcoming destination.

Room Tip: Three of four cabins are virtually on the beach and benefit from sea breezes and views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Bastimentos
Tropical Suites Hotel
Tropical Suites Hotel
#1 of 13 in Bocas Town
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
La Loma Jungle Lodge and Chocolate Farm
La Loma Jungle Lodge and Chocola...
#2 of 19 in Isla Bastimentos
#2 of 18 in Isla Bastimentos
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
#4 of 20 in Isla Colon

Been to Casa Cayuco? Share your experiences!