“Best Japanese closest to my house :)”
Review of Tamura - CLOSED

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Best Japanese closest to my house :)”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Tamura is a very good, relatively inexpensive Japanese restaurant. The only thing that stops me giving it 5 stars is the limited veggie menu. Having lived in Japan for 15 years, it was very refreshing to find a good Japanese place near my house in Delhi. It is constantly stocked with Japanese businessmen which is a good sign. Push them and they will make you a veggie ramen :)

• Visited September 2011

“fabulous”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

dis is my first japneas cusine experience and it was fantastic......tempura ...spinache salad and juje mushrooms are al worth it for any vegetarian to go for dis place......instead of those regular indian chinease and italian joints....go for it ......its worth it

bern
“fantastic”
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I went to the Tamura restaurant at 21, Community Centre, New Friends Colony, New Delhi .
The food was amazing, quite possibly the best I have ever eaten anywhere.
the decor was beautiful, the staff brilliant.
All in all it was just a perfect experience and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.
I will go again and agian and again every time I’m in Delhi for sure
Cant wait to go back.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Friendly, reasonable Japanese food”
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Tamura used to be the about the only place in the Delhi area serving authentic Japanese food (unlike the various 'Punjabi Chinese' eateries with Japanese names). However, for upscale diners there is now world class Japanese cuisine at the Taj Mahal Hotel (sushi and teppanyaki) and at the Aman Hotel (kaiseki).

For a more casual experience Tamura remains a passable spot to dine for those looking for izakaya type food. On a recent visit I sampled a number of izakaya items and only gave a thumbs down to the tempura (which was a bit too oily). I especially enjoyed the yaki nasu (fried eggplant) and the shishamo grilled fish.

If I get a hankering for casual Japanese food with friends in Vasant Vihar I'll be back.