“Feels like home”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I must have taken my family to this place at least 20 times. Nice, well priced, tasty. Not a sushi joint.

1  Thank Diplomatador

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Ive heard so much about Tamura and had pretty high expectations when I finally visited. I've had great Japanese at Yum yum tree and other restaurants in Delhi, so Tamura was quite a disappointment. We ordered both salmon and prawn tempura sushi and received extremely dry, tasteless sushi with tiny quantities of flakey salmon and prawn tempura, served with extremely salty soya sauce. Our main courses were average; a nice tofu and eggplant dish, very average pork chops and teriyaki chicken. What really killed the whole experience were the horribly rude and inefficient service staff. We were placed in the corner of the restaurant, ignored through out most of the meal and our server forgot to place one of our orders. Our server was extremely rude and arrogant, and told us to speak to the non-existent management, if we had a "problem". Do not recommend eating at Tamura- save your time and money!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Tamura is a very good, relatively inexpensive Japanese restaurant. The only thing that stops me giving it 5 stars is the limited veggie menu. Having lived in Japan for 15 years, it was very refreshing to find a good Japanese place near my house in Delhi. It is constantly stocked with Japanese businessmen which is a good sign. Push them and they will make you a veggie ramen :)

Reviewed 26 January 2011

dis is my first japneas cusine experience and it was fantastic......tempura ...spinache salad and juje mushrooms are al worth it for any vegetarian to go for dis place......instead of those regular indian chinease and italian joints....go for it ......its worth it

Reviewed 12 November 2010

I went to the Tamura restaurant at 21, Community Centre, New Friends Colony, New Delhi .
The food was amazing, quite possibly the best I have ever eaten anywhere.
the decor was beautiful, the staff brilliant.
All in all it was just a perfect experience and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.
I will go again and agian and again every time I’m in Delhi for sure
Cant wait to go back.