“Great location, clean, comfortable, helpful staff”

Ahuja Residency Golf Links
Ranked #119 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Nelson Bay, Australia
“Great location, clean, comfortable, helpful staff”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We have stayed at Ahuja a number of times. It is always welcoming, the accommodation is clean and comfortable and everything works. It has a great position close to Khan Market with all the major tourist sites nearby. The staff are extraordinarily helpful and reliable. We recommend it highly. It is great value for money.

Room Tip: First floor is best. There is no lift.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights by myself on a business trip. The hotel is located in a pleasant residential area, within a walking distance from the Khan Market, which is a big plus for me. As a woman, travelling alone, I did not feel unsafe. I felt comfortable walking around in the neighborhood and walking to and from the Khan market for dinner. The room was well appointed, clean and the service was nice. I would stay here again in my future visits to Delhi.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PeonyThailand
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 August 2013

If you are looking for a small, friendly, clean, atypical (at least for Delhi) hotel that is not a typical four-star chain hotel, you cannot go wrong with the Ahuja Residency Golf Links. It is off Lodhi Road, close to some of the Indian Government offices, and near to Lodhi Garden and Humayan's Tomb. Breakfasts are fine, and dinners can be arranged if you don't want to venture outside the large secure area in which the hotel is located. There are in-room safes for valuables, hot water and instant coffee, and great A/C and an overhead fan. I won't return to the big, sterile hotel chains now that IO have discovered the Ahuja Residency Golf Links.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank stan w
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had the pleasure of spending a week at Ahuja Residency- Golf Links earlier this month. I was on vacation with my parents, and we looked forward to returning to Ahuja after a day of exploring ancient ruins/museums and visiting with family in New Delhi. The meals were delicious and healthy, and the accommodations were comfortable and well-kept. We didn't have water one morning, and the staff handled the situation swiftly. We also used the car service most days, and I can't say enough about the convenience. Delhi is a bustling and vibrant place, and Ahuja served as a peaceful oasis in the midst of it all. Overall, it was such an enjoyable experience to stay here, and I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are more private.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ParisTourist
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I booked this hotel through Booking.Com for a 3-night stay in June, 2013. When I arrived with my confirmation in hand, I was told that my room was not at Ahuja Residency Golf Links but rather at their hotel in Sunder Naggar (despite what it said on my confirmation). I was charged the same rate and was not offered any compensation for the switch. While the hotel at Sunder Naggar was ok, my understanding is that the rate there should have been less than at Golf Links. As a result of this experience, I would be unlikely to choose this hotel in the future.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Topdown1
Alok G, Public Relations Manager at Ahuja Residency Golf Links, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Sir,
We are extremely sorry for the unfortunate incident of you being made to shift at the very last moment. Please understand sir, that we were under maintenance work at that point and we had a last room available but knew that it would be at you best interest to shift to Sunder Nagar. Please note that the rates for all our Ahuja Residency properties are similar and priced same on our booking engine so in no manner have you been overcharged. We hope to have you back with us soon and we assure you that we will leave no stone unturned to have your stay a pleasant one.
Regards
Alok
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I visit India twice a year and always stay at the Ahuja Residency in Golf Links. The staff are delightful and very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. It is in an excellent location in a quiet area of New Delhi close to Khan Market. The rooms are comfortable and clean with good facilities and a good generous breakfast is included. When I visit Delhi with friends they also stay here. Really I can't recommend it enough.
Monica from Australia

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Monica J
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I found Ahuja residency at Golf Links a special place for the discerning traveller, either from India or abroad. It is a very safe place, both to stay and to go for walks in the locality in the evening or early morning. The atmosphere is more home than hotel, and management and staff make much effort to keep it that way. Authentically local food is prepared daily from fresh ingredients, yoghurt included. Vegetarian cuisine I found best, although non vegetarian food is also available. Staff are friendly and attentive. Cleanliness is commendable. A quiet, high level neighbourhood requires respect of local culture and tradition.

Room Tip: A small residency, more akin of home than hotel, does not normally require such tips.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business