“Nice little hotel”
Review of Treebo Amber

Treebo Amber
Ranked #131 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Although the surrounding are isn't that beautiful, the hotel and it's staff is very nice. I experienced a very warm welcome, very gently and helpful staff, a spacious room (& bathroom) wiht modern design, excellent WLAN access. Sometimes it takes a bit longer till hot water is running, but don't worry, it will. And quite hot! Daily complimentary newspaper. Limousine service is available for a very reasonable price. Excellent breakfast, tasty (local touch) as well as varied.
Opening the window (if possible) isn't recommended, but this is mostly because of the New Delhi atmosphere. The same with the nice roof terrasse.
All in all: a very good choice (although the room price isn't a bargain).
Another con: there was smell from a barbecue in the neighbourhood entering my room, although the window was closed.

2  Thank Steirerbub

Reviewed 20 December 2011

This was my first trip to India. I live in Chicago,USA and travel a lot mostly in the U.S.
Coming from the U.S. I found India a startling and exhausting place to do business, so I found the Amber to be a heavenly oasis after being around different areas of Delhi. The staff and manager bent over back words to make us feel safe, content, and the hotel itself was immaculate. We ate breakfast and dinner every day at the hotel. The food was delicious.
We were there December 2011 and enjoyed evenings on the roof top deck (almost as sexy as Miami!) with gas lamps to keep us warm as we relaxed after long days.
This is the only place I would consider staying when I return to Delhi.
I highly recommend. And I am very,very picky.

3  Thank MichelleW662
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I am a fussy traveler and for me 90% right is not 90% right, it signifies there is 10% wrong somewhere, that matter. In case of Amber, all i can say, it was a 110% right hotel for me. Everything, mind me, everything, starting from front office, to housekeeping to room service, to restaurant was RIGHT. Location was RIGHT, Quality of food RIGHT, hospitality RIGHT, staff and management RIGHT. Cannot be any better. I highly recommend this hotel for family and business stay in Delhi.

2  Thank JChatterjee
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Trip Advisor reviews led me to book into the Amber Hotel and, after six weeks traveling around Rajasthan, I really appreciated its professional approach and stylish decor.

But what made the Amber outstanding was the friendliness of the staff and the feeling they were a team of people all working to make sure their guests had a memorable stay. I was traveling alone and really appreciated their unfailing kindness.

Although the menu was short and international, the mushroom curry I had was freshly cooked and delicious. I wished I had had more chance to try other items.

Yes, finding the hotel is a challenge for auto rickshaw drivers and the metro is too far away to walk from but I soon learned to ask the driver to call the front desk and they would direct him. I would certainly recommend The Amber to a friend.

Room Tip: I was quite conscious of loud humming noises from the services - standby generator, water pump, lift...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank travellingjenny30
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I liked the Amber. It was my first trip to India, and I was a bit concerned - but the Amber was nice. I did their airport transfers, more expensive than a taxi but still comparatively cheap compared to western cities, and was picked up and delivered in nice clean airconditioned cars (one was a luxury people mover) with good drivers (important with the traffic!). My room was quiet, clean, lovely linens, nice bathroom, spacious, all really nice actually. Staff were good and friendly, tipping is expected when they bring room service/bags etc. The breakfast was good, mix of western (eggs etc) and indian and indian room service yummy. As a single female traveller I liked the security, and thought it was really nice that the staff checked that I had everything I needed etc when I came/left the hotel. I organised my own day tours/trip to Taj (through culture holidays, which I'd also recommend), but you could have a driver for a day through the hotel. It is a good 30 mins from the city centre, but if you're out all day sightseeing I didnt feel the need to stay in the "centre". It was nice to just come back to a lovely room and relax.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Catherine-NZgirl
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This hotel is an oasis of comfort in Delhi. It is located away from the markets and crowds and noise found almost everywhere in the city. It's an eight minute auto-rickshaw ride to the Nehru metro station. The staff are helpful and friendly. The general manager (Mukesh Sharma) and front desk clerk (Abhilash) were very helpful with directions and recommendatons. The hotel is very modern. It has all the comforts that could be expected: comfortable bed, comfortable pillows, excellent A/C, thin-screen satellite TV, room safe, minibar, laundry service, 24 hour reception and 24 hour room service. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant for four nights and every night we had a fantastic meal with excellent service provided by the waiter (Kamal Chandler) Breakfast is served for four hours every morning. Their chef (Kishanlal) makes delicious eggs-to-order and/or pancakes. A wide variety of other breakfast foods are also available. I requested a cappuccino every morning and found it to be quite delicious (thanks Dharmendra)! This hotel is not within walking distance to any metro station.
It is in an area of town (Sukdev Vihar) that very few cab drivers or auto-rickshaw drivers know well. We found that almost every cab driver had to stop and ask for directions from people walking along the street. Nonetheless, we found the location to be a benefit, not a drawback. It was so very pleasant to have some peace and quiet after a day in maddening Delhi. Last, but not least, special thanks to the doorman (Tiwari) who helped make our stay so very enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BD3856
Reviewed 8 December 2011

My wife and I spent a very pleasant night in the Amber after a hectic 2 weeks touring Rajisthan. This is a modern, well furnished and clean hotel in a smart residential area with small green parks to spend a pleasant evening walk. We particularly liked the decor. Our waiter Kamal was extremely attentive and went out of his way to please. I would definately recommend this hotel to people who prefer the personal touch that you get in such hotels as opposed to the international monstrosities.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family