“Chic boutique”
Review of Treebo Amber

Treebo Amber
Ranked #133 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This little hotel in a residential neighbourhood is big on style and if it was closer to central Delhi, would be able to charge double the rate. Our bedroom was large, with comfortable beds, an i-Pod dock and huge TV, and a fabulously elegant bathroom - it could all have come out of a decor mag! Staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast and food, if you order dinner or room service, is good. It's a 30 minute metro ride from central Delhi (and the metro is really easy to use and faster than getting in taxi). It's a good walk to the metro station - stop off en route at the chai stalls and chat to the friendly guys who run them and who dont often see tourists in this part of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel to get a view of the leafy street.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Our family stayed here for our last 2 nights in Delhi and it was just what we needed. Although we had successfully travelled around Rajasthan with much enjoyment, we were exhausted and staying at the Amber really revived us for our journey home. The room was modern, clean and very comfortable. The bed especially was the best we had slept in all of India. Reception were helpful with information, transport and airport pick up. A special thank you to Mukesh who was super efficient and helpful. As we were so tired we ate at the ground floor restaurant, food was fine and we particularly enjoyed our waiter, Anthony who was very entertaining and friendly.
Would not hesitate in recommending this hotel. A little haven in Delhi.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Great staff, I loved talking to all of the men that worked there. Even after asking 5 different questions I didn't ever feel like I was bugging anyone, at the amber I felt like every inquiry I had was of utmost importance to them (and I seriously had heaps of questions, it being my first time in india)
Food was great which is always important
I slept 14 hours the first night - the bed was awesome!
Everything was clean, all the time.
Air conditioning unit worked really well
Hotel Taxi driver drove fast which I liked.
Thanks to rakesh, zain and dharmendra!
Daniel from New Zealand.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 27 December 2011

friendly hotel with excellent service. front of house staff very accommodating and knowledgeable. situated just out the city centre, we often asked the hotel to book us taxis to places, this worked out well and saved the hassel of pushy rickshaw drivers etc. one night we ordered food from the menu-delicious because they order it in from the local curry house/ pizza place! we really liked the food actually! In Delhi watch out for the street kids-the worse thing you can do is give them ANYTHING (money, pens etc) they will hassel you no end!!!!! Great hotle, I think the owner is a bollywood actor too!

Room Tip: all the rooms that our party stayed in were fine!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank happy_red30
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Although the surrounding are isn't that beautiful, the hotel and it's staff is very nice. I experienced a very warm welcome, very gently and helpful staff, a spacious room (& bathroom) wiht modern design, excellent WLAN access. Sometimes it takes a bit longer till hot water is running, but don't worry, it will. And quite hot! Daily complimentary newspaper. Limousine service is available for a very reasonable price. Excellent breakfast, tasty (local touch) as well as varied.
Opening the window (if possible) isn't recommended, but this is mostly because of the New Delhi atmosphere. The same with the nice roof terrasse.
All in all: a very good choice (although the room price isn't a bargain).
Another con: there was smell from a barbecue in the neighbourhood entering my room, although the window was closed.

2  Thank Steirerbub
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This was my first trip to India. I live in Chicago,USA and travel a lot mostly in the U.S.
Coming from the U.S. I found India a startling and exhausting place to do business, so I found the Amber to be a heavenly oasis after being around different areas of Delhi. The staff and manager bent over back words to make us feel safe, content, and the hotel itself was immaculate. We ate breakfast and dinner every day at the hotel. The food was delicious.
We were there December 2011 and enjoyed evenings on the roof top deck (almost as sexy as Miami!) with gas lamps to keep us warm as we relaxed after long days.
This is the only place I would consider staying when I return to Delhi.
I highly recommend. And I am very,very picky.

3  Thank MichelleW662
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I am a fussy traveler and for me 90% right is not 90% right, it signifies there is 10% wrong somewhere, that matter. In case of Amber, all i can say, it was a 110% right hotel for me. Everything, mind me, everything, starting from front office, to housekeeping to room service, to restaurant was RIGHT. Location was RIGHT, Quality of food RIGHT, hospitality RIGHT, staff and management RIGHT. Cannot be any better. I highly recommend this hotel for family and business stay in Delhi.

2  Thank JChatterjee