“Great option in New Delhi”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Hotel Rak International
Ranked #554 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Hotel Rak is a great option for budget travelers. It is clean, safe and very helpful personal. I have stayed here twice and both times had been really good. This will always be my sleeping home in Delhi.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank YoGalina_U
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Hello

Thank you so much for appreciation, it really motivate us.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Rak International

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Hotel RAK International is totally misleading with its name. It is clearly NOT International. I have been travelling S.E. Asia for 14 months and always stay in budget accommodation, but never have I stayed in such a dump! This place is way over priced at 650Rs per night, non a/c. I had to wear my shoes inside as the entire room has a constant coating of thick dust from the street. My feet were black just from walking around inside my room. The bathroom, as with the bedroom is dirty and neglected beyond anything I have experienced so far. This is the first negative review I’ve made in all this time so I do not write this lightly. I did ask for the hand basin to be scrubbed as it hadn’t been cleaned in a very long time – perhaps not at all with the amount of caked grime in the sink. The marble floors are filthy. I asked for the floor to be washed as well – also a first for me. The staff were very obliging and came as soon as they found some spare time. However, with a lack of cleaning supplies and probably a lack of cleaning knowledge, how on earth can the rooms be cleaned? Cold water just doesn’t do the trick, nor does using a toilet brush to clean the toilets then the floors. This is management’s responsibility and is no reflection on the staff. I see lots of cost cutting here.
The sheets were very clean, however the blanket which is meant to be used on top of me had crusty bits on it. I didn’t bother asking for a clean one and just put it to one side!! The blankets don’t get washed after every guest leaves, just the sheets. So..............that means that countless people sleep on top of or under the blanket – they aren’t washed!!!! My blanket proves it and so does witnessing the cleaning routine.
In one of the reviews, the manager defended a negative review stating that they take pride in their cleanliness. This is a gross exaggeration. The paint is peeling off in huge chunks on the walls, every surface is filthy, the walls are dirty and in desperate need of a touch up – it really is dirty!! I walked around today and looked at a few hotels in the same area, also very close (closer than RAK) to the New Delhi train station and what a pleasant surprise. I found a beautiful room for 500Rs at G.S. Guest House (+91 9811 293181) Main Bazar, Paharganj. They don’t have a web site so the only way to book is to call, however at this time of year you won’t have any problem securing a room. There are so many hotels in this area, and most are charging 350Rs up so shop around once you get here and enjoy the many wonderful facets of Paharganj.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Lyn,Australia
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Hello

Dear Guest first of all I am so sorry about the ur experience at RAK but the point(dirty feet and the marble) that u've raised in ur review I'd like here to defend my team, the property is little bit dirty because of the digging by Delhi Jal Board(GOVT SUBSIDIARY) absolutely in front of the hotel the progression work of Delhi Jal Board is held in the area and due to this the land is digged and the dirt, black mud came into the hotel and u also must had noticed that we had put so many foot mats in front of the main gate, stairs and every floor and our staffboys are also too so much concerned about the cleanliness of the hotel and now these days instead of cleaning the hotel twice a day they are cleaning it 4 or 5 times a day(which I think is very hard for person as it is very difficult to clean a very big building for 2 or 3 person in a day more than this) and we also not to force them to hold duster and a broom for 24 hrs to them they arr human.

And in concern of blankets sir we provide blankets wrapped in the sheets(doesn't matter how many blankets a guest can use) and these sheet are washed on daily bases so pls don't blame us for this after all u'e paid only around $10(very nominal) for the room and we are providing so much against this $10 and the suggestion that u mentioned in the review is not possible as the blankets are very expensive costs more than $75 and there dry cleaning also costs around $20 to $ 25 so if is not possible to dry clean them immediately for every guest that's why we wrapped them into neat and clean white sheets and than allot to the guest.

We are really concerned about the cleanliness of the hotel and u also must have noticed the painter who is painting the hotel during ur stay

I still really sorry about the bad experience and want u to give us another chance to serve u again.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My partner and I visited RAK in 2011 and even though it's been some time since writing this review have to say, it was clean and affordable place. The rooftop restaurant did a good breakfast and even though it's not in the best part of town, this is Delhi and we were happy to be amidst the hustle and bustle!

Room Tip: Check the room for cleanliness especially in the toilet before deciding on staying in it
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nilmadole

Hello

Thanks u so much fr reviewing the hotel and ur appreciation, ur reviews are so important for us as they motivate us to keep better and better.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed here one night while passing through Delhi and will stay again next time we pass through in March. It is close to the New Delhi train station (walking distance). The room was clean and the sheets were the cleanest we have had in India so far. No towels or toilet paper provided so bring your own.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kristina H

Hello

Thank you so much for appreciation, ur appreciation is the real motivation for us.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Was only going to stay here originally for 2 nights but ended up staying for 5. The staff are lovely and were a great help whenever we needed something. The room was a decent size, it was clean and quiet (well as quiet as you can get in Delhi). The WiFi was brilliant and very quick. Would recommend this place to anyone staying in Delhi on a budget.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor were very quiet. Might want to specify a quiet room as there is a fairly...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Joadify
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Hello

Thank you so much for the review ur appreciation really motivates us.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed here before 4 years ago with friends and enjoyed it so as a lone female traveller there was no question of where else I was going to go as I knew the rooms were very secure, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly and deserve your trust completely.
The rooms are large ensuites with comfy beds, hot and cold water and even a TV (if you are into that sort of thing). Personally I am not but itwas nice to have the choice of getting away from the madness outside. The location is excellent and it is set just off the main bazaar in a residential area so you don't have to walk straight out into the touters which is quite refreshing.
The staff really go out of their way to accommodate you and your safety is their ultimate priority. You will be warmly welcomed and well looked after during your stay.
Definitely recommend staying here especially as a lone female traveller.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank nayhem
RAKNewDelhi, Owner at Hotel Rak International, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thanks u so much for ur views about the place and my team, this really motivate us and we'll try to do even moire better to present ourselves.

Owner

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel as it was listed in the Lonely Planet guide. It was very disappointing. The room was very dirty. The management organised a pickup from the airport for us for which we were overcharged and the driver picked us up in what I can only describe as a death trap of a car. It is not recommended and it is not worthy of inclusion in the Lonely Planet guide.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Malcolm W

First of all I am so sorry about the bad experience at the place and I'd also like to thanks u for dropping ur valuable views about the place and my team.

In concern of the room 'd like to defend myself that why don't u complained this at reception we'll immediately either change the room on ur request or cleaned that room(as we r really running on very tight schedules and rooms are occupied immediately one after another so it is very difficult to clean each and every room immediately but cleanliness is our prioritty and we take care of it utmost).

And in concern of extra charges of pickup, we provide pickup service just for the convenience of our guest and we also use transport services of a transporter and may be u came late at airport so that's why the driver has to pay exra charges for parking so it is completely guest's responsibility to pay these liabilities(we previously mentioned thisat the time of pre reservation too).

And Again I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE RASH DRIVING of the driver I'll definately and imediately raise this ssue with my transporter and took action against that driver(thanks for raising this issue).

I hope if we'll met in future we'll try to give good servces to u.

Owner