“Clean , Decent hotel , courteous staff & great food”

The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place
Ranked #83 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Chandigarh, India
“Clean , Decent hotel , courteous staff & great food”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was here for a business trip and it was just good enough to have a good sleep and varieties of breakfast. The location being Nehru place is good for a business trip as your are close to most good places around. I have stayed in December 1st week for good 5 nights & found staff helping so well . I as an individual traveler felt being at home . I had pleasant experience all the days I stayed , wifi is quick & free of cost . One should ask chef to prepare Dosa its really awesome .Chef used to prepare good food & used to know my whole day schedule in the morning . So homely , courteous & professional staff made me planning for next stay soon . I highly recommend this hotel for great variety of food & someone who is looking for South Delhi stay .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GMMuse, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi . We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services, and hope to serve you again soon.

Amit Kumar Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Agra, India
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Had Wonderful Experience @ The Muse. Good Cuisine, hospitable bearers, fine furnished appointed rooms, acceptable bathrooms, ..... In total .. adds up to well define management. My best wishes to keep good work going.

Room Tip: Best option in Nehru Place.........

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We recently stayed at The Muse Sarovar in Delhi and the hotel & amazing breakfast was buffet along with the dinner and the choice was great. Had a pleasant stay over all on business trip. The hotel is sophisticated & fulfills the needs of a corporate or business. Location is good not very far from Airport too. The hotel staff is very caring & courteous . I recommend this hotel for any corporate travels to Delhi

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed there in two occasions which i really regret now .

Though the facility and the rooms are good , food there is really a curse. almost 6 nights i stayed there in two intervals I used to have my food at The nearby restaurant.
Breakfast is below average and you have to wait at least 0 minutes for an egg white omelet.

The only advantage with this hotel is that it is placed in a convenient location.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for your recent stay at The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your positive comments about hotel & its room is much appreciated. We have noted the concerns that you have highlighted regarding service delivery at the restaurant & quality of food and are working towards improving the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi .

mumbai
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

On arrival first they not give me the official room which was alloted.
They changed to another room and funnily gave me key which was not working

The floor staff said this is defective lock since few days ok wait I will open it with master key.

We went inside
Till luggage was shifted on calling them twice

I went down to make another key
He said today whenever you want we will be around we will open it 4 you
Since lock is defective

Then he said we will change the room by the time you come at night

We went out had dinner
On entering hotel same person said we will give you another room tomorrow.

I said sorry we r going to another hotel.get our luggage down.....which had not even unpacked.

Now suddenly senior managers paper and do acting...
And now they were willing to give another room immediately....

• Stayed December 2013
GMMuse, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Dr. Modi ,

Greetings from The Muse Sarovar Portico , New Delhi .

I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi. I have discussed with my department heads to take corrective measures so that your second visit which was there with us from 07th to 08th is well taken care . Please treat this as an isolated incident not the reflection of my hospitality
and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.
We look forward to welcoming you back at The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi.

gmdpo@sarovarhotels.com
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip in November 2013.

It is about a 30-40 minute drive from the airport and is conveniently located. However, this is a place where one should go if just a place to sleep overnight is what one is looking for.

The rooms are comfortable with all the basic facilities and though the hotel is quite close to the main road, it is very quiet. Hence, light sleepers would have no problem on that aspect. Room service was prompt, though in-room dining menu was quite limited and expensive. The satellite TV in the room had limited channels on view and regional channels were practically not available.

The hotel has practically no lobby. Guests have to either go straight to their rooms or sit at the small lobby-level restaurant where breakfast is served. Coming to breakfast, the spread was quite limited with the usual spread of fruits, cereals, South Indian dishes, breads etc. I did not see any dosas being served at the table and our requests for hot puris took ages to be served. The staff at the restaurant seemed to be mostly apprentices and did not really know much about their job.

Overall, a basic business hotel and definitely not for families/holiday travellers.

Room Tip: There are options for Smoking and Non-Smoking rooms, hence please specify your preference while book...
Dear Mr. Ronen ,

Your positive comments about Room ,location & its amenties is much appreciated. For your reference we do have DOSA /Egg preparation on request basis & list on on request menu is being placed at Coffee shop .We have noted the Concerns that you have highlighted regarding TV & service delivery at the restaurant and are working towards improving the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi & once again thanking you for your review .

Bombay
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel on two occasions during November 2013 and the difference was stark hence I commend the management for taking cognizance of feedback and providing a delightful experience during my second stay.

The first stay was for two nights and saw a lot of issues vis-à-vis house keeping and general staff attitude. I was asked for feedback and provided the same objectively. The manager was receptive of the same and assured me that during my subsequent stay the issues would be fixed. He delivered on his words. The second stay which was for a full 5N, were very pleasant. No issues with house keeping and the staff was very polite.

The big pluses include 1) A great location: five minutes from Nehru Place, close to some great markets and yet in a quiet corner in Chirag Enclave. 2) Great food. The kitchen was very collaborative in helping out with customized requests. 3) Reception. Must point out Sumit here for being very helpful and polite in his approach. 4) Rooms are perfect in terms of size, amenities, cleanliness and quiet. 5) Great Internet quality and was complimentary (at least in my package)

The areas that can be improved on definitely include 1) A much larger collection of channels including the paid one. Most travelers being business, the only option to unwind is often TV. An upgrade to HD boxes will help improve the experience. 2) More variety in food including breakfast

Room Tip: Away from the elevator is less noisy though not such a big deal
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMMuse, General Manager at The Muse Sarovar Portico, Nehru Place, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Mr. Ashish ,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Muse Sarovar Portico, New Delhi .Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.