“Not great!”
Review of Hotel Relax Palace

Hotel Relax Palace
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Hotel Relax Palace
Ranked #562 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Ludhiana
“Not great!”
Reviewed 11 May 2009

We got booked into this hotel by the wedding family, and it was small tacky and barely habitable!!! At least it was clean. But obviously a cheap budget hotel and not recommended! Was bareable for the night only. Barely!

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business

London
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I booked this hotel with hotelclub.com and managed to book it for the wrong date. I called the hotel and agreed with them that I would arrive the day before I had booked and use my voucher for this first day. As it was, I actually spent two nights there, including the one originally booked. Shortly after I was sent a message saying that I was to be charged a cancellation fee of $40, amounting to a night´s stay! Given that I had cancelled nothing and had stayed two nights I obviously wasn´t happy. After months of wrangling with the website they have agreed to pay me back because the hotel have "failed to provide a clear explanation" of this bogus charge. Or in all likelihood, any explanation at all.
I´m fairly sure that the person responsible was the slick who turned up a few hours after I had already checked in, just to speak to me again. It seemed as if he was someone important and he spoke good English, but tried to charge me more than the website price. The hotel did not appear to get much use from international tourists, and all the other guests were Indian, so I think he turned up just to speak to/overcharge the foreigner. He also charged a high price for a taxi to the airport.
The hotel itself is on the mediocre/acceptable borderline. It is in a reasonable price range. The service was creepy - attentive to the point of stalking. The room was rough around the edges but not terrible. The room service food was poor, unless you like jam and toast that tastes of garlic.
Not recommended, primarily because you can´t trust the management to be honest.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank EstebanVerdad

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

New York
Reviewed 4 February 2008

Decent hotel that was obviously great at one time, but has some upkeep issues.

The rooms have a small fridge, a decent bathroom and a minibar. Room service is available, and you are across the street from a modern mall (if you wanna go to an Indian mall).

My room had a light attached to one of the beds that was coming off, but no one cared or seemed to want to fix it. Didn't bother me, just a comment on the state of repairs in general.

Breakfast was decent, with some selection. The staff were helpful. Agra. as a town, is not that great so plan to look at the Taj, see Agra Fort (truly amazing) and leave. This hotel overall was pretty good.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of maintenance
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple