“Efficient and helpful”

Ranked #20 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Zug, Switzerland
“Efficient and helpful”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We were a large group frm Switzerland and we booked the whole place for 2 nights. My first positive impression was formed as soon as I began correonding w Amarjeet. His email replies were prompt, informative; he was always available on the phone, that really made a great impression on me. Our stay at G 49 was very good. The 2 young men who doubles as porters and waiters were helpful, friendly, courteous. Amarjeet was always on hand, efficient in organising a taxi and appt for a beauty parlour nearby, helpful with our dinner order, and was quick to fulfil every need.
Rooms were spacious, lots of light coming thru the windows, bathrooms were v. clean.
On each of the 2 floors are 3 rooms, one has a balcony.
For those with limited mobility, there is a small double room located right next to the reception area.

Room Tip: On each floor, there is one room with a balcony. I did not stay in ths room, we opted for the larges...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Buob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Udaipur
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have stayed at this place G-49 on several occasions. The hospitality and service is excellent. Rooms are spacious and well lit. Bathrooms are neat and clean. Service of manager, Amarjeet is excellent and he makes sure that nobody gets a chance to complaint. Breakfast is healthy and hygienic. I see it as one of the best B&B available in Delhi and I try to stay at this place whenever I am in Delhi. It is close to the heart of Delhi and well connected. I strongly recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: rooms on second floor are nice
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank PiyushJaveria
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The room was SPACIOUS, beautifully decorated, modern, very CLEAN and everything was functional. Very pleasant - great little lunch is included! This b & b is its price!! We chose it for its location away from the madness of central Delhi, I'm sure you can not find a better price quality ', finally a good coffee, Amarjeet was very nice and helpfull person

8 Thank johnsheldon816
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Hello All

This B&B is the best place to stay
well the main thing is the staff so good and the location
The mattresses is so good and a nice breakfast which is served in dining hall
And B&B having a small charming garden with seating chairs

My overall experience is the Great place to stay.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
11 Thank michaeljhonson0079
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I've travelled to Delhi for the fall on graduate field work. When I arrived at the G-49 three weeks ago it was my first time in India and I was completely alone. I could not have chosen a better place to stay. Not only are the rooms charming, clean and cozy (kettle, tea, writing desk) but the service is amazing – particularly the manager, Amarjeet. He helped me with arranging my mobile phone, booking transport, laundry, banking, ordering food, orienting me to the neighbourhood, printing my business cards – I can’t even list all of it. He’s incredibly organized and genuinely passionate about his job, and it shows in everything he does. I had to change my travel plans at the last minute but he was very understanding and flexible.

Not to mention the place itself is so serene. They offer you current books, magazines, newspapers to read out on the terrace or in the elegant dining room with fresh flowers. The breakfast was amazing – made to order- and an excellent start to the day each morning. You are a very cheap drive away from all Delhi has to offer, but you don’t even have to leave the neighbourhood to see some of its best sites. The surrounding area is clean and quiet; I never felt unsafe, even as a solo female first-time India traveller! The staff really made me feel comfortable and at home. I HIGHLY recommend the G-49. I’ve stayed at a few other inns around Delhi since my week there and nothing compares. I’ve also been all around the world and this is one of the best B&Bs I have had the good fortune to stay at.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
12 Thank Lianna_Ottawa
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband and I arrived in Delhi after a long flight from the UK. Mr Singh was very helpful to us during our stay, organising onward trips and going out of his way to assist us. The room we were in was spacious, clean and very appropriate for our needs. It is quite pricey, but Delhi is more expensive than other parts of India, so is on par with like accommodation. I would stay here again should I visit Delhi in the future.
Travelled in September 2012.
KatandleeWilson, Scotland

Room Tip: we had a room with a balcony, which was perfect.
11 Thank kat w
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

As last impressions play a critical role in how you view your whole trip we were very happy we were recommended G49 for our last two nights in India. G49 is set in a quiet, leafy, and convenient part of Delhi. We were comfortable and secure and the staff were helpful and obliging with all our needs. Beautiful breakfast, particularly the cheese omlettes.

Room Tip: our room upstairs was comfortable and cool in the hot weather
13 Thank Liz H