“Dont get cheated seeing the website”

Parkland Safdarjung Enclave
Ranked #636 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
bangalore
“Dont get cheated seeing the website”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Hi Guys,
I stayed in this hotel 2 days ago.
My company given many options including this.
I chose this just by browsing its website.
it was my mistake to chose this without checking the reviews about this hotel.

Let me tell you.
The rooms are very small.
Don't imagine the rooms with the snaps they have put in the website.
they are very congested, they are not so clean.
The staffs are very friendly but do not know English.
people who are not comfortable in Hindi should not chose this as it can be difficult to deal with.
Rooms,food,Taxi everything very expensive that you can never feel worth paying.
the environment in the rooms is very noisy as you can hear the people walks on the corridor and the next room TV etc

Morning 'Complementary' breakfast was not tasty at all.
and not many options.I had to finish my breakfast only with fruits and juice.
the menu itself shows every food item is very costly.
Believe me, for lunch I had to have "Aloo Paratha" outside this hotel which is far better than what we get here.

while I was about to leave I checked the airport transfer.
The receptionist mentioned it will cost 1200(i paid only 480Rs in Meru while coming!!), Not sure based on what they are charging the people.
the receptionist guy just put the blame on management for keeping such heavy prices. even he does not know why everything is so expensive than the actual.
Good thing is receptionist helped me giving complete information such as the nearest places,transport service etc.

Till April 30 2012, this hotel was charging 70Rs for 30 minutes internet Browsing!!
you can pay 10Rs for 1 hour in internet cafes.
Good thing somehow the management has cancelled this from May1st 2012.
so guests will get wifi internet without any cost.
I did not face any issues for internet.

Final Say:Dear hotel Parkland Management,
Please do not chat people with putting nice photos on the website.
and please revisit the prices you have been charging for everything.
No blames on the staff as they are doing the job well to keep this branch going.

Note:I saw one building next to this which had the board: A/c rooms only 1800Rs per night!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Maryland
Reviewed 22 March 2012

First of all, the hotel website is misleading. The location of this two star hotel masquerading as a more luxurious lodge is on AFRICA Ave. across from Bhikaji Cama place. From the attached picture, you will see that it is comprised of two non-connected parts flanking a Chevrolet dealership. The restaurant GRAPES is nowhere to be found, and internet, when it is available (sporadically) must be paid for by the half hour, hour, two-hour period or day. One does not get immediate access to the internet upon payment -s/he must wait for the passcode to be delivered to his/her room which may take thirty minutes or more. One must also be patient with the hot water -- it will eventually come on. Due to this misleading advertising and the fact that the "clean" white towels were actually quite dirty and rough like sandpaper, I cannot give the hotel two stars. Be aware that few hotel managers spoke English but the ones that did were pretty pleasant. I consider myself one of the lucky sojourners here as I was not attacked by mosquitos but I did keep the overhead fan on all night. I also did not see any cockroaches in my room. I attach a picture of the bathroom and laundry prices for travelers' reference but would encourage them to explore other options if they are willing to pay the exorbitant price charged by this hotel. The Hyatt is just a few blocks away if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Daejeon
Reviewed 17 March 2012

First off, I had to stay up whole night trying to cover myself from the attacks of mosquitos and then eventually killing five of them. It was "the conference hotel" for CICLING 2012, strongly recommended by the company, Dreamz Conference Management Pvt.Ltd., New Delhi, who was responsible for accommodations, social programs, and airport pickups for the conference.

It was just the beginning. When I tried to take a shower in the morning about 6:00am, water stopped flowing sporadically. The main entrance door to the room (303) didn't close easily, and I had to bang it to make sure alarm stopped. The dining room for breakfast was so filthy that I lost all my appetite, not to mention that there wasn't much choice for food. One of my colleagues, a German lady who also stayed there for the same night, told me that she had a disgusting experience with cockroaches.

For all the poor conditions, the price was $100.00! Some of us was so disgusted with the first night experience that we had to ask around the people at the conference to see if we could find another hotel nearby. We met a couple from Mexico who stayed happily at Iris Park Hotel only within about 10 minutes on foot and went there together to ensure that it's sufficiently better than Parkland. We were just astonished to find out that it was almost a heaven with a comparable price! So we went back to Parkland and left it with no hesitation even paying for the night we didn't even stay at.

Just one more thing, don't be deceived by the photo of Parkland Hotel. Even from the outside, it looks a lot worse than what you can expect. And I have no trust for the company, Dreamz Conference Management Pvt.Ltd., who indirectly forced the delegates to stay in such a low-grade hotel (see http://www.cicling.org/2012/ for the instruction - "We suggest you not to book a different hotel.") even though there is at least one far better hotel with the similar price.

I didn't feel that I needed to check reviews before the reservation because the hotel was the office one, but now I feel that whenever I book a hotel, checking reviews is an absolute must.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MineEx
delhi
Reviewed 26 August 2011

stayed here for 2 days as visited for business purpose. the hotel is small and decent. found it little expensive compared to its services offered. but value for money if can get a good deal. centrally located in delhi near to all business hubs and airport. food was ok.

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Helsingoer, Denmark
Reviewed 4 August 2011

A worst experience from start to finish. Couldnt wait to get out of this place, it was that bad. I booked it last minute, as it was unplanned trip and I needed a hotel close to AIIMS hospital where i had two day training. First of it is not a proper hotel, this is split into to two buildings, with a shop in between, half of this hotel is on top of a maruti showroom, and some bakery. Lift is disgusting, stairs even worse. None of the staff speak english, except those in reception. Food tastes like road kill. The prices are over the roof, they don't even know what continental food is and imitate badly. There is bad insulation between walls, i could hear what is happening in the next room toilet in the morning. Shower has no pressure or hot water, couldnt complete my shower. They charge prices of a up end 3 star hotel, but this is just a cheap low class lodge. Was meant to stay for 2 days but checked out and moved to different hotel. Rooms are bad, gives you a feeling that you shouldnt be here. The tv was far from bed and out of focus. I was releived after i checked out. Funny thing, i ordered some dessert and they had tuti - fruity, which has been a favorite from child hood, but after eating from this place , i think different, they gave me a scoop of vanilla ice cream with some cheap dried fruit sprinkled on top, i was disgusted as it tasted really bad. they charged one hundred and eighty five ruppes for that scoop of ice cream, it was unbeleivable. Like i said, one terrible experience. Dont beleive a word they mention in their website, it is a load of crap.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank shenekurien
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Rooms are very small, House keeping is very very poor, cockroaches are very much in room.

In restaurant, it is a very common room with old furniture, choices are very limited HOWEVER the charges are skie high.

I cannot recommend any star for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I stayed here for a night. The hotel was ideally located for my travel to various parts of the Capital.

Rooms were a bit smaller, but the toilets quite big. Bed was comfortable and had a good sleep. Breakfast was ready early, so I could get going in the morning. Overall the stay was ok but the rroms could have been a bit better & brighter.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business