“Excellent Japanese food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were very impressed by the food here ... There were excellent choices for meata nd fish eaters maybe slightly less so for vegetarians. The food was howver very good very authenitc.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Few days back we visited this restaurant. The most amazing thing we have at this restaurant is, there homemade ice creams. The flavour you never heard about Black Sesame Seed, Green Tea, Red Bean & Spicy Wasabi. Just Awesome.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My friend and I decided to treat ourselves to the Sunday brunch at Sakura at the Metropolitan Nikko Hotel in Delhi – we are both great fans of Japanese food. It’s an all-you-can-eat buffet ranging from sushi to tempura, teppanyaki and curry (and a few other things I may have left out). We were quite delighted to see the spread on offer, the first area offering a variety of sushi and sashimi. The sashimi was especially delectable, with tuna, sea bass and succulent salmon that simply melted in the mouth. There was also crab and octopus on offer and rows of sushi. It was a delight to tuck into this course with its accompanying condiments particularly the wasabi and pickled ginger. There was also miso soup with slivers of seaweed and cubes of tofu to wash this down.

Beyond the sushi/sashimi table was a long buffet laden with salads (particularly liked the salted edamame beans), rice, noodles, pork dishes, beef curry and other dishes I did not even look at, since I had definitely overloaded on the sashimi. Even so, I tried a sort of sausage stew with sticky rice, and bacon-wrapped asparagus. But I think my palate still craved the delicacy of fish, for I found these dishes heavy and a little oversalted. I don’t like teppanyaki too much, so did not even try that. What I did try was the beef curry, primarily to taste the meat, which was of a tenderness so amazing that it was a surprise to learn it was local buffalo meat.

Although there was an assortment of pastries for dessert, I requested for a small scoop each of of red bean and green tea ice creams and they were the perfect, not-too-sweet, utterly flavourful ending to this feast. I would certainly return to Sakura, as I was impressed by the quality of the produce used. However, perhaps next time I’d come on a weekday to try one of the prix fixe menus on offer.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We liked the table where we sat, but the table that held the food other than sushi and sashimi that was at the bar, was too cramped and it was awkward to get the food.

Sushi and sashimi was good but quality of other items was not as good as we have had elsewhere in Delhi at the same sort of price

The deserts were not special enough for this type of place and price
Quality of sparkling wine was not good enough
Service was excellent

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
3  Thank JohnHythe_UK
Reviewed 13 March 2014

restaurant was good.
maybe a bit expensive but still good quality. Service was ok. i would recommend this restaurant to friends and family

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant