“Excellent choice in the hustle and bustle of Delhi”
Review of Hotel Shelton

Hotel Shelton
Ranked #75 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We highly recommend this place for your stay in Delhi. It's located in the Paharganj area of the city which is a great place for budget travellers. Even though it's right on Main Bazaar, it's still a safe haven from the hustle and bustle. The room cost is extremely reasonable. I fell ill on the first day we arrived and had to see a doctor which the hotel sorted out for me. We ended up having to stay in Delhi for 9 days in total to get over being sick and we were so happy we were staying here. It had everything we wanted - food delivered to our room, TV with hundreds of channels, comfortable bed and hot water at any time. The staff were really good to us too, with a special mention to the young guy that works on the 3rd floor - thank you for everything.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelshelton, Owner at Hotel Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for your feedback, I am glad to know that you had pleasant stay with us. It is pleasure to know that our amenities and services were up to your expectations. At Hotel Shelton we believe in Atithi Devo Bhawa (Which means Guest is God). Our entire team is thankful for your kind words.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Arrived at Delhi railway station at 11pm with a booking.com reservation for Hotel Arjun (50mtrs from Hotel Shelton, same owner/management). They told me in Hotel Arjun that as I did not confirm my arrival they had given my room to someone else. In exchange, the manager provided me one room in Hotel Shelton for the same price.

Standard room, looks pretty good but dirty (floor, sheets, bathroom).
Hot shower, fan & TV : OK
Incredibly noisy: many rooms look directly onto the street & have poor noise insulation.
Around the hotel: dark and dirty street. Quite hard to find the exact address.

Good point: the staff. Very kind & helpul. We were very well received even at that late hour.

Room Tip: Do not take room that looks onto the street !
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thanks for writing review on TripAdvisor, I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our centralized location and found our staff helpful, We have renovated our Hotel and there are still some things which needed to be improved in standard rooms. I am taking strong note of your feedback and will make sure that we work to rectify these loopholes as soon as possible. We give utmost importance to cleanliness in Hotel Shelton and we make sure that every guest have a wonderful time with us.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 November 2013

WE stayed here because I liked the look of the rooftop restaurant. And it was a nice restaurant too. Lovely food. And very helpful staff. Rooms are OK ( make sure you request one with a window) and showers were hot. The location is really good - not far from New Delhi Railway Station and the Metro is just around the corner. Lots of shopping right outside too! We arrived very late at night and the hotel organised a shuttle from the airport for us. They happily stored some luggage for us too, while we went off travelling for a couple of weeks. The travel desk is also reliable and helpful and organised site seeing for us. If I'm ever back in Delhi I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
hotelshelton, Owner at Hotel Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am glad to know that you had pleasant stay with Hotel Shelton, and you found yourself at the middle of everything. We highly thankyou for appreciating our Rooftop restaurant and Travel Services.

We highly value your patronage and we are looking forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Booked 4 nights via Agoda for Diwali celebrations however could not access the hotel at all due to security barriers erected in Pahar Ganj. Telephoned hotel and a staff member acknowledged the barriers, apologised and reassured me a full refund would follow. Having returned from India to find no refund I enquired through Agoda and to the hotel directly via email. The hotel did not reply at all and Agoda says Mr Vijay claims there were no such barriers and I never contacted the hotel. The hotel continues to refuse to refund me even partially despite never having provided a service. I would recommend a different hotel - Pahar Ganj is full of great places and you don't need a dishonest and greedy hotelier when travelling.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James B
hotelshelton, Owner at Hotel Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for choosing Hotel Shelton for your stay in New Delhi but it is unfortunate that you didnt got the chance to stay at our Hotel. As told to you by earlier by email that you didnt speak with any one of our hotel staff on the phone. You took the prepaid taxi driver from the airport who for what ever reasons took you to the Fake tourist agency, who dialed the number of their friend not hotel sheltons number and you speak with their friend (who is the part of the scam) and he told you that the road is blocked and we will give you the refund that is a complete lie. Our hotel is located in Main bazar (the heart of Delhi) there is nothing like a road block. You have been cheated the tourist agency who send you to the other hotel so that they can make a big commission this is the most common tourist scam in Delhi. If you read tripadvisor travel forum you will see thousands of complains like that but you have to understand that you didnt spoke with us.

You have made reservation with agoda and Agoda.com doesnt given any hotelier the contact details of the guests, We send emails to each and every customer of our hotel and make them aware about this prepaid airport taxi driver scam.

I request every reader to be careful with airport taxi driver scam in New Delhi and through Tripadvisor i want to personally aware tourists about this scam.

WARNING: some taxi drivers are paid commission to take guests to the wrong hotel. To make sure you reach the hotel without hassles. We request you to call us on our hotline number 0091-9999331194 do NOT let the taxi driver dial this number; they will make excuses in the middle of the way that they don’t know the way or the road is closed so will suggest you fake tourist information agencies Where they call their friends who will tell you that the hotel is closed for whatever reason. if at all you are caught in this situation. Tell them you have the car registration number and you are going to call police. Delhi police 24 hours hotline number is 100.

We would love you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel and it was great. The staff are extremely helpful especially Abi and Vijay. The rooms were clean and tidy and the rooftop restaurant is fantastic! We felt quite safe and all questions or queries we had were handled promptly by the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows so if this is a problem for you then make sure you ask for a room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
hotelshelton, Owner at Hotel Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for choosing Hotel Shelton New Delhi. We are glad to know that you had good time while staying with us. Hotel shelton provides neat and clean accommodation in the heart of Delhi. We thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I spend two nights in Hotel Shelton. When I arrived I got a rather small room, but upon request, I was moved to a bigger one. The management was really helpful, I got especially impressed the last day when I got ill just a few hours before I had to go to the airport, The owner came with me to the airport, and the people in the reception were all extremely helpful and was ready to assist me with whatever things I needed in the situation. Although I was really sick, their care made me feel a lot better!

The situation of the hotel is very good, only five mins away from the nearest metro-station, and another thing that is a great plus, is that the wifi is fast and works very well IN the room. They also have a travel desk that helped me book a airport taxi for fixed 400 rupees rate. And the restaurant in the hotel is convenient, the view from the rooftop is excellent! This is nice place to stay

PS; Clean! Very clean!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ani T

Dear Ani

Thanks for staying at Hotel Shelton. We are glad for your feedback. Hotel Shelton is located in the heart of city and in the most happening part of the city as well (Main Bazar) Paharganj. it is centrally located and has got access to everything. We are glad to know that you had nice time while staying with us.

We look forward for you stay with us.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at Hotel Shelton for about three weeks last month and I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff was very accommodating, they assisted me in all issues that I had, and in certain cases, they went above and beyond their duties. The owner and his management team are attentive, understanding, and truly awesome people. Their presence alone has made my stay there an even more memorable one. I could go down the list of the many people who helped me along the way, but there were so many, I wouldn't know where to begin. But I thank each and every one of the staff members for being very helpful and making my stay worthwhile.

The room that I stayed in was very spacious and clean. The staff made sure to come and clean my room when I needed it. They were always willing to offer laundry services and other housekeeping services without me asking which I greatly appreciated.

The hotel is located on Main Bazaar in Pahar Ganj and it was quite close to the metro and to railway station. So the location was great for me and was just what I needed while I was doing my work in Delhi.

I could go on and on about my stay here, but I would end by simply saying that I will definitely return to Hotel Shelton for future stays.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tofunmi

Dear Guest

Thanks for choosing Hotel Shelton New Delhi. and many thanks for writing your feedback on tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you had an excellent stay with us. At Hotel Shelton we focus on every customer and our professional staff is always avaliable there to assist you.

We highly thankyou for your recommendations.

Thanking you and looking forward for your next stay with us.