“My uncomfortable experience @ Amar Inn, New Delhi”
Review of Amar Inn Hotel

Amar Inn Hotel
Ranked #598 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
“My uncomfortable experience @ Amar Inn, New Delhi”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Extremely poor service, House keepers here smell ,are untidy at all times & totally untrained.I have been living here for over a week now and shown below are few of my observations -
- Day 1, the person who came to receive me at the airport forgot where he had parked the taxi, it was early morning 3 am and I was totally exhausted after a long flight.In this extreme humid climate I had to move around with him,searching for his Taxi.After we found the taxi, we moved ahead.On the way,the he(the driver) realizes that he had forgotten the Welcome board at the parking and requested me if he could take the car back to the airport.I insisted him to move ahead and drop me to Amar Inn asap !
-Day 2, early morning 8 AM , the house keeper enters my room,while i am asleep(without knocking the door), and very gently asks me for tea or coffee.When I say No,he instantly demands for INR 100 and when I refuse, he keeps insisting, WOW !!!.He says,"Sir,I will return the money to you in the evening,my girl friend has come today and I have to take her out".I had no option but to abuse him and ask him to get out.Name of the house keeper- Saurabh,age 20.
Day3- Room service guy comes to my room,after repeated reminders...Cleans the room half way and leaves without acknowledging me that he would never come back.Wow!!!I now see my room half clean and half in a mess.
Day 4 - I receive an unwanted guest to my room ( he was the same man who I happen to get my foreign currency exchanged last evening),as he had my details, he entered into my room, asking me if I wanted to know my stars and also if I wanted to see Delhi with him.Where the hell is the security?How can some one just step inside my room.
The above were just main ones, I m facing issues every time I am coming across a house keeper or calling the reception.,
The only best follow up Amar Inn does, is for advance payment.I have already paid them INR 25K until now,but they need more.
The only reason I am still staying here is because I m new to Delhi and dont want to experience anything new in any other hotel.
Lastly, I have hired 4 taxis until now and none of them seem to know where Internet cafes are, Money exchange house is and one of the taxi smelled so bad that I went sick the same evening after I got back to the hotel.
This is a MAD HOUSE !

FURIOUS GUEST & AMAR INN, LAJPAT NAGAR

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Bhatiashish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dublin
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Our first impressions of the hotel were not good, as we arrived to be informed that there was no reservation for us (despite two calls from the hotel to confirm), and then that taxes and service charges were an additional 25% on the advertised price. This made the room cost nearly 4000 rupees; we stayed in much nicer hotels for half this price on our trip.

The first room we were shown on the third floor was freezing cold, grotty and noisy from the street below (which noise, in fairness, is to be expected in Delhi). We took another room which was better (although windowless), only to be woken the next morning by shouting from staff coming up and down the stairs, a very loud telephone in the hallway which rang every so often, and the crystal clear sound of the user of the bathroom in the next room.

Parts of the hotel were being painted, while food and other rubbish left on the staircase when we checked in one evening was still there the next day. It struck me that the hotel required a good clean rather than a lick of paint.

On a more positive note, the wi-fi service was good, and the tv had several English language channels as well as Hindi etc. We dealt mainly with night staff, but the ladies on reception during the day did seem to be friendlier. There is a very nice restaurant across the road called "De Boss", and the hotel is close to the Central Market.

Overall, we were left quite disappointed by this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank MTfB

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Guwahati, India
Reviewed 13 December 2011

A stret side hotel.. Suitable for Small Time Traveller on a shoe string budget..The rooms are small.. and there is no resturant attached as such. Location is an advantage.. Located near the Central Market of Lajpat Nagar its close to Airport, Station and a metro station is also not very far..
The Suite room in the ground floor is decent at the price they are offering

Room Tip: Ground Floor Suite Room is the best
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnkitSiotia
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Very Small hotel located in the heart of Lajpat Nagar (Near Central Market), reachable to everywhere in Delhi everytime. Rooms are OK type, no resturant, room Service possible. Good for a small time traveller who needs to stay at central places. 20 km from Airport, 5 km from Nizamudin Rly. Stn, 25 mtr. from Ring Road and 1 km from Metro Stn., location is the value for money.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Basu123
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 20 January 2011

The Amar Inn is an okay hotel in South Delhi. The room I had was clean although the bathroom was - typical for Indian hotels in this category - fairly outdated and a bit run-down. I originally planned to stay for 4 weeks as I was on a business trip and they first gave me a room without a window which was a bit thoughtless by them. After I asked for another room, I was given one. The room service is quick and friendly and the food is good. Breakfast is served in the room and Wifi is working well. The only thing that really bothered me was the awfully hard mattress. I woke up with an aching back every day but that's also a matter of what you're used to. After three days I moved out as my company found me another place but all in all the Amar Inn is alright. Just expect quite basic and clean rooms, nothing more. For tourists the location is not too good as a trip to the city centre, e.g. Connaught Place, takes approx. 20 to 30 minutes by autorickshaw depending on the traffic.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ivylee78
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2010

We are just back from staying at the Amar Inn Hotel in New Delhi. For a basic hotel, it surpassed expectations as to service and room quality. I agree with the earlier review that the vegetarian restaurant across the street was good and inexpensive, but the chef at the Amar Inn was excellent also (albeit a little more expensive). The Amar Inn is right in the centre of Lajpat Nagar and close to the central market and soon to be close to the new metro system. We also had an excellent driver arranged by the Amar Inn for excursions. We stayed in the suite so cannot comment on the other rooms but other guests seemed to be happy with them as they told us that they returned to this hotel every time in New Delhi. So will we.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank jubliladaviajar
delhi
Reviewed 24 August 2010

i stayed at this hotel for a night with girlfriend and found this was just ok hotel to fulfil the need and decently priced located in the heart of lajpat nagar. This is basically a budget hotel and had all eateries in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2010