“Good location and price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Janpath Guest House

Janpath Guest House
Ranked #427 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Nara, Japan
“Good location and price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This guest house locate close to Connaught Place, prise is lower than other hotel but room is very clean. I'm using here for seven years.Janpath Guest House is the first recommended hotel around Connaught Place.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lithicmaster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Islamabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed as a single woman for five nights at this centrally located and secure guest house of Connaught place, New Delhi. Most economical stay for just Rs. 980 a day at such a wonderful locality.The staff is very hospitable and eager to meet the need of the guests. Easy access to taxis and auto rickshaws. I was able to catch autos even at five in morning to catch a train from new Delhi railway station which is only 2 kms away. Area is well connected by bus as well as metro which is only 05 minutes walk from the guest house.
Only had breakfast which was good. Surrounded by KFC McDonalds and Dominos which are within 02 minutes walk. Noise less rooms at night for a peaceful sleep.I found the room and washroom cleaned everyday on my return. Tibetan Market across the street offers good last minute shopping opportunity.
Manager Mr. Rakesh Bagga was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable and ready to facilitate.
The only problem I faced was lack of Wi Fi on the property for which I had to request the front desk to let me check my mail every night. If only they can add a WI Fi this place can surely get a 5 star rating in the category of guest houses.
Still I would definitely recommend this place for people who prioritize to stay at affordable,centrally located,safe and posh areas.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Arifa H
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

If you want to feel like you might get shanked, stay here! Seriously, if you’ve ever wondered what if feels like to be in a mysterious place with dark maze-like hallways with no hint of light from the outside world, almost like a dark, scary attic, this is the place for you. Don’t get me wrong, the location is quite safe – right next to the Delhi Tourism office in Connaught Circle. However the moment you spot the place, you get a sad, longing feeling for home. It all starts out with a dark narrow hallway and two flights of stairs. Now imagine two single female friends experiencing this: After you drag your luggage up the two flights, you squeeze into a narrow antique elevator, and I don’t mean antique in a good way. First off, there’s bullet holes in the elevator and once you and your travel companion hop in and try to shut the accordion style gate, you realize only 1.5 people fit in there and one of you has to get out. After my travel buddy and I made it to the reception desk, the very kind gentleman at the front desk was unable to make a photocopy of our passports since the copy machine/printer wouldn’t work so he kept them while he escorted us to our room. We got to choose from a selection of 3 rooms, but they weren’t too different from eachother: Eerie fluorescent lighting, no telephone, no windows, no heater and ah yes, bucket showers. I’ve taken bucket showers before and that is to be expected, especially for the price. Even the room that did have a window (and by window I mean just a rectangular hole in the wall with no glass/glazing) there were cross bars so no one can get in except bugs of course. Aside from that, there was a thin quilt-like blanket on the bed and please take note, winter in New Delhi is COLD! This here is only a description of the events that occurred. The following thoughts and feelings emanating from my and my travel companion’s minds were: This is the kind of place where people come to die…kind of like in horror films…
We gave up on this place but left our luggage there (locked of course) and left to look for something slightly better. The front desk wanted to keep our passports while we were out in hopes that their copy machine would start to work again…uh…No? When we came back at night to pick up our luggage and move to our new accommodation, the crackly neon bright letters that illuminated the words “Janpath Guest House,” ensured we did the right thing by leaving.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank LaBarnita

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

For the last 10 years I have been staying at the Janpath Guest House and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I have come to know the staff who are so friendly and helpful. I always ask for my favourite room and always get it. The service is good, the food lovely and always comes with a smile. If there are any special requests or help needed they will try to accomodate, and the location is wonderful. It's central, close to Connaught Place, easy to get auto rickshaws outside and close to cafes, restaurants, shops, money changers. Also it's not far from the Airtel office to get a local sim card for phones. Perfect for me and I will continue to go there when in Delhi.
Thank you to all the staff for your friendly welcomes.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kerrie S
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

This was my first trip to Delhi and so I chose this hotel for it's central location. I wasn't disappointed.

The staff are nice and polite. The rooms were sort of clean and the bathroom was a bit of a disaster area. This was what I was expecting. Breakfast was good and I had dinner there once. At number 88 Janpath Rd is the official tourist office.

There are some great restaurants nearby.

I would happily recommend this to anyone. I went in September so it wasn't so hot. The fans were fine.

850 rupees per night which I pre-agreed by e-mail.

Room Tip: Ask to look at more than one room before you check in.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank 10_Downing_St
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed at Janpath Guest House in late June whilst passing through Delhi, then again in July. Each time I was in different rooms, and the stay was extremely pleasant. The staff at the front desk are extremely kind and pleasant, and the rooms were absolutely fine. As must have already been noticed, the location is excellent and unbeatable for proximity to Connaught Place - ideal for popping in for a meal, or a little bit of shopping. The area is safe and secure, and I would highly recommend staying here! Much nicer than the typical backpacker area - especially in the monsoon season! Thanks to the staff there for their hospitality.

Room Tip: (there's no swimming pool or fitness centre) I'd maybe ask for a streetside room to get some...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Pat_Family112
Goa, Goa, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean rooms. Ideal location for visiting Delhi. Great value for location and quality of accomodation. Stayed here four nights and slept perfectly each night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple