“home away from home”

Ranked #82 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Chilliwack
“home away from home”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

After two years of research for my five week stay in India, Megha Home Stay MHS seemed too good to be true. The day I arrived I knew I had made the right choice. My first week Aman [owner] arranged transport to all the major Delhi attractions leaving me plenty of time at each site to savor every nuance. After a week I was to catch a Buddhist tour train but it had already left before I arrived at the station. Ram, the MHS driver, who escorted me right to the train platform, call Aman. By the time I was back at the homestay Aman had talked to the tour company and a free flight and transport was arranged to catch up with the tour the next day. When I returned to MHS a week later, the service and assistance continued for another three weeks. Megha Home Stay deserves a five rating and Aman receives a ten in my books.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It was my first stay at a home stay.it was oasam experience.Had spend 3 nights in Megha Homestay. Great, quiet place, nice and Cousy home atmosphere, friendly and helpful personal, clean room. All equipment (tv, wifi) worked fine. Hot...“Megha Impressed” 4 Jan 2014Very impressed with our stay a Megha. Owner was more than happy to accomodate our requests and planned the majority of our stay in India for us. All staff at the homestay were oasam.

• Stayed February 2014
Limassol
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at Megha Homestay at the beginning and end of my India travels. Both occasions were very good experiences and I got to try out three different rooms-all were comfortable with plenty of hot water for showers. If you want a particular room then request that when you book. I especially liked Surya which was a bit smaller but had a balcony overlooking the park. I was there in January when it was pretty cold and foggy but a heater was provided which made the room nice and cosy. Breakfast is included and other meals were available - a good selection and all freshly cooked. Aman the owner is most helpful. Their driver Ram was very pleasant and picked me up and took me back to the airport. You can arrange to have Ram as your driver for the day which is a good way to see Delhi but it is also an easy walk to the metro station.

Room Tip: All the rooms I stayed in were comfortable but I particularly liked Surya because it had a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Had spend 2 nights in Megha Homestay. Great, quiet place, nice and Cousy home atmosphere, friendly and helpful personal, clean room. All equipment (tv, wifi) worked fine. Hot water. Nice small park just in front of staying place. Near central market and metro station.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very impressed with our stay a Megha. Owner was more than happy to accomodate our requests and planned the majority of our stay in India for us. All staff at the homestay were very helpful, including the hostels driver (ram) who acted not only as our driver but tour guide throughout delhi, agra and jaipur. would recommend a stay at Megha

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Agra, India
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Megha Home Stay - Home away from Home. That is what it says when you get the first glimpse of the place. The place lives up to what it claims. It is a really comfortable place. Location is in a peaceful residential area of Jungpura. The metro station is at a walking distance. I had driven down in my own car. Mr Aman - the owner is ever so helpful even with driving directions at the capital city. Its a very good place to stay with your kids. There is park in front where people take a stroll after dinner and for morning jogs. The home made food is awesome. We stayed during the Navratri days. They catered for navratri preparations without onion and garlic! The rooms are slightly small but comfortable. Mr Aman always looks for feedback and implements the suggestions given promptly. If you want a hassle free stay at Delhi, you need not look elsewhere. Megha Homestay is an ideal place.There is one small disadvantage if you are driving in your own car. The parking space though available is not earmarked and you'll have to look for an empty slot. I feel that is a small price to pay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Patna, India
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have been staying at megha home stay for the last 4 yrs during my visits to the national capital. the hospitality is amazing, and the best part is the home made food, and ambiance of the rooms. any suggestion is agreed to by the owner, and implemented at the earliest

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business