“Way over expectation”

Hotel Sita International
Ranked #407 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“Way over expectation”
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

I was expecting a dirty hotel as during my previous visit to Delhi I stayed in a very dirty hotel....but this hotel turned out to be totally the opposite. Even if the room was pretty small it was very clean...the bathroom..toilet...the towels, bedsheets and the blankets....I stayed at room #306 which was away from the busy, noisy main road and was a very quite room. I did not even get the standard foul smell which you usually get in hotel rooms. The room even had an LCD/LED tv which my daughter enjoyed watching. The staff at the reception were also helpful enough to give us a room with no extra charge for getting fresh even after formally checking out. This hotel even had complimentary WiFi which saved me from using my expensive data plan. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a delux room at around Rs. 1500/night.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Manoranjan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
india
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed only for one night an average hotel near to Delhi station ... rooms were clean but bathroom was not clean..

There was some marriage party in hotel so there was lot of noise.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank tappi82
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was quite surprised with the bad reviews about this hotel, after what i recieved during my stay. Frankly speaking, initially I wanted to avoid this hotel. But after seeing all the other hotels at Pahar Ganj - especially the much over rated - Cottage Yes please, i just decided to try Sita International.
To my surprise I was recieved by the very warm and pleasing Mr. Karan. He went out of way to help me and make my stay more pleasent.
1 thing that adds to this hotel is its location. Just 0.5km from the New delhi station, 1km from the express metro to the airport and 5 kms from connaught place. More over Pahar ganj is a little crowded and dirty area, but this hotel is located on the main road which make it a little more secure.
The room is clean enough, though i would say that it could be better.
The pricing is avarage, (Rs.1400 per a/c room) affordable - compared to its service and the other hotels in its vicinity.
The staff is very friendly and pleasent.

I would recommend this hotel, to all those non fussy travellers, who want a convinent and affordable stay within the city center.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank RohanMathew
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel with a friend for around 5 days. The day to day management has been handed over to the owners son (Karan) following a series of bad reviews on tripadvisor and another hotel reservation site.

Karan went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel is in the process of being upgraded and refurbished. As well as making sure everything was to our satisfaction, he assisted us in booking railway tickets.

I would consider this hotel good value for money.

Terry Jones

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Terry J
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is a one to two star hotel. The reception, corridors and rooms were old, run down and dirty. The AC was not working in the room. Bathroom full of mosquitos, no hot water for shower in the morning. Breakfast was not available unless asked for. When we went up to the breakfast floor, there were two "cooks" sitting around in a dark, dirty-looking kitchen, waiting for the breakfast order. The dining room was a small room with formica tables and the tables were not set. It was a very poor experience for me and my family. The only positive is that it is close to the railway station. This was the main reason for choosing this hotel is that we have small kids and needed to catch a very early train to Shimla the next morning. I would definitely void this hotel unless it fits in with your budget and you are prepared for a low star experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KNP186220

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The only plus point of the location is that it is near the railway station. The room service was terrible, I told to clean the room but only cleaned the table and went away. Never cleaned the room during our stay of 3 days. Taxi service provided via another travel service was good. Power outlet was just one, not enough for a 4 people bed room.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Dharmin M
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I had a long stay for about 13 days at this hotel. great location near to the stadium where we were playing a football tournament and closeby good markets and shopping areas. The hotel was ggood value for money. I would advise all my fellow afghan players to come and stay at the Hotel Sita,

The food is good but could be better and more variety could be added to meet more international tastes.

I would surely come back after marriage to visit India and stay again at the Hotel sita.

Room Tip: If a family go in for the four beds, they are spacious and good value for money.