“NICE HOTEL”

Hotel Sita International
Ranked #276 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I liked so much this medium sized hotel that i repeatd stay . It is centrally situated very nearly to New Delhi Railway Station .Hotel was clean . The rooms are very comfortable bed sheets ,towels bathrooms are very clean . Staff members and support staff is very good . In delhi we cant get better service then this hotel at very affordable price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ROHIT297664

Reviewed 28 November 2012

After returning from breakfast I discovered that 700 dollars was missing from my luggage in my room. I went directly to the receptionist and reported it. The reception guy said that I had left my room unlocked. I saw that the room had a security camera pointed at the door, so i said " well at least you know who was in my room" Then they said that they would study the tapes and that I should come back. When I cam back they said the owner was coming and that the room cleaning boy was in the room for 2 minutes without permission. By this time I was thinking that the management was acting very strange and I was complaining and saying perhaps I should go to the police. When the owner came a few hours later he informed me that they had done all that they could, but as a formality they wanted to search my room. So the owner, the manager the supervisor and the room cleaning boy all went to my room where they took apart everything including the bed. Behind the bed they $400 and a receipt of mine. I knew now that management had stolen the money and they were trying to placate me with $400. I did not want to begin a big fight because the police either would do nothing or just blame the room boy and perhaps beat him. This is why I am filling this report here, to warn others not to trust this Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Arlen545
Karank86, Owner at Hotel Sita International, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

We are pleased that you have taken out valuable time of yours to write us a feedback.

But we strongly disagree with your false claims and accusations on our entire team.Rather than appreciating the concern showed by our staff in helping you find your 400 dollars (falsely claimed by you as 700 dollars). Why haven't you mentioned that through out your 3 day stay at our Hotel you hadnt locked your door even once. Our staff repeatedly asked you to do so but you didn't. Our staff through the help of CCTV footage helped you track who ever entered your room. Even you had agreed that no one had entered except the supervisor who entered for 15 seconds after which he informed the senior staff that you had left your door open with your valuables all around the room. After you started created a hue and cry about the issue I personally (the owner) requested you to get your room searched as often the customer cant find his belongings himself. Once searched, the money and a receipt sip had slipped under your bed mattress and was under the bed which you obviously hadn't searched before. You were present at that time and all was done in front of you. You could have taken all action at that time itself but you didnt and you stayed one night further with us. Isn't that absurd you still stayed on,while you thought we all our scam artists.

We appreciate all guests irrespective of their of their religion caste skin colour etc. But I must confess you were in an inebriated state throughout your stay and would strongly recommend you to stay off it to realize the "truth" which is being disillusioned by your unconsciousness. I would also like to add you had often tried to persuade our staff in allowing you to indulge in illegal activities not permissible under the law here.

Our staff not complying to your illegal demands does not give you the right to cook up a derogatory image of ours. Would strongly advise honorable TripAdvisor to remove this review.

Assuring you of better and hassle free services if you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I was expecting a dirty hotel as during my previous visit to Delhi I stayed in a very dirty hotel....but this hotel turned out to be totally the opposite. Even if the room was pretty small it was very clean...the bathroom..toilet...the towels, bedsheets and the blankets....I stayed at room #306 which was away from the busy, noisy main road and was a very quite room. I did not even get the standard foul smell which you usually get in hotel rooms. The room even had an LCD/LED tv which my daughter enjoyed watching. The staff at the reception were also helpful enough to give us a room with no extra charge for getting fresh even after formally checking out. This hotel even had complimentary WiFi which saved me from using my expensive data plan. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a delux room at around Rs. 1500/night.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Manoranjan A
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed only for one night an average hotel near to Delhi station ... rooms were clean but bathroom was not clean..

There was some marriage party in hotel so there was lot of noise.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank tappi82
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was quite surprised with the bad reviews about this hotel, after what i recieved during my stay. Frankly speaking, initially I wanted to avoid this hotel. But after seeing all the other hotels at Pahar Ganj - especially the much over rated - Cottage Yes please, i just decided to try Sita International.
To my surprise I was recieved by the very warm and pleasing Mr. Karan. He went out of way to help me and make my stay more pleasent.
1 thing that adds to this hotel is its location. Just 0.5km from the New delhi station, 1km from the express metro to the airport and 5 kms from connaught place. More over Pahar ganj is a little crowded and dirty area, but this hotel is located on the main road which make it a little more secure.
The room is clean enough, though i would say that it could be better.
The pricing is avarage, (Rs.1400 per a/c room) affordable - compared to its service and the other hotels in its vicinity.
The staff is very friendly and pleasent.

I would recommend this hotel, to all those non fussy travellers, who want a convinent and affordable stay within the city center.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank RohanMathew
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel with a friend for around 5 days. The day to day management has been handed over to the owners son (Karan) following a series of bad reviews on tripadvisor and another hotel reservation site.

Karan went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel is in the process of being upgraded and refurbished. As well as making sure everything was to our satisfaction, he assisted us in booking railway tickets.

I would consider this hotel good value for money.

Terry Jones

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Terry J
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is a one to two star hotel. The reception, corridors and rooms were old, run down and dirty. The AC was not working in the room. Bathroom full of mosquitos, no hot water for shower in the morning. Breakfast was not available unless asked for. When we went up to the breakfast floor, there were two "cooks" sitting around in a dark, dirty-looking kitchen, waiting for the breakfast order. The dining room was a small room with formica tables and the tables were not set. It was a very poor experience for me and my family. The only positive is that it is close to the railway station. This was the main reason for choosing this hotel is that we have small kids and needed to catch a very early train to Shimla the next morning. I would definitely void this hotel unless it fits in with your budget and you are prepared for a low star experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family