“Clean, good value, good location but a few niggles”

Hotel Sita International
Ranked #300 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here for four nights at the start of a three week trip in India; I booked via expedia.co.uk paying in advance, which worked out at £13.05 a night.

The hotel is located in Paharganj, near New Delhi station, which is an area absolutely full of budget hotels. I got a taxi from the airport and the driver found the hotel for me with no problems. It's right on DB Gupta, not down a side street, but simply because there are so many hotels I think I might have struggled to find it myself the first time.

New Delhi station is maybe 5-10 minutes walk away, depending on how lucky you get/brave you are with the traffic crossing DB Gupta. (Add an extra five minutes to get through the station complex to the corresponding metro station.) DB Gupta is a very busy road but I didn't find it too unpleasant. My first evening there I went for a brief wander around the area and found myself in Main Bazar Road nearby, where I was beset by touts trying to get me into their tour agencies. After that I avoided Main Bazar Road when I could, but the experience makes me think the location of this hotel on DB Gupta is an advantage, since you can walk down the street outside the hotel without fending off unwanted advances all the time. I didn't go out much in the evenings, but the street felt OK, making allowances for my nervousness at being in India for the first time and it being quite unlike anywhere else I'd ever been.

The room was pretty large and clean, with a table, two chairs, a small wardrobe and a sofa in addition to the bed. There was also a fridge, but it wasn't plugged in and I didn't feel I ought to plug it in. The bed was comfortable and very wide, although it seemed a bit on the short side to me - maybe I was mistaken. (I'm tiny, so I was fine, but it just seemed a bit short.)

The staff seemed very helpful when I spoke to them. When I checked in I was offered a choice of a front or back room; I chose the back as it would be quieter. There was some noise even so, but I didn't find it a problem, although I'm not generally bothered by noise very much anyway.

The wifi worked in my room but it was very slow; it just about handled Skype voice calls, but I was completely unable to upload any photos to flickr without the connection timing out before even one photo completed.

There was no hot water in the bathroom; a sign in the room said for hot water you had to call down to reception and give them 10-15 minutes notice. I didn't try this and just made do with cold showers; I might guess from some hints dropped by my guide book that they would have brought me up a bucket of hot water if I'd called, but I don't actually know.

If you want your room cleaning you have to leave your key at reception, which I didn't realise at first.

I would certainly consider staying here again on a subsequent visit to Delhi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ZornsLemma

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We visited recently in Sita.its a good hotel in paharganj.men at reception is cooperative.all the staff person are honest and well mannered.actually we forgot our mobiles in room but everything was as it is as we left.its absolutely safe for women as we were all female travelled.tea and coffee are good.staff even is not greedy as i noticed in another hotels.some rooms are under
construction.but rooms are clean big and sleeping quality is great.i ll visit in same property whenever i ll be in delhi.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Nehaa89
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel location is great, it's located near the train station and the main market. It is safe and the staff are very kind and trustworthy. The rooms are clean and the food is good. Lifts were not operational 2-3 times.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sahabhishek
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I had booked a room in this hotel as its quite close to the New Delhi Railway Station. But on arrival after checking in, i was pretty disappointed as the lift wasn't working and i had to walk all the way up till 4th floor which was really terrible as i was just back from a long train journey. Thankfully i didn't have to carry my luggage as the room boy atleast did that for me. Now after entering the room, my distress worsened as the AC wasn't working and i had to call up room service and they came up with 3 -4 remotes twice trying each one of them and finally (an hour after checking in), it switched on. The rooms were dark and dusty with a sickening paint smell. Bathrooms were average. The restaurant they have situated on the top floor is much pathetic and no space to sit and eat properly, more like an area where their staff stay and eat). Folks if at all you want to eat anything from there, only order via room service (so that atleast u wont have to see the place from where its made!!)
A day later while checking out, the condition of the lift was still the same. :(

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DrVivekVV
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here for almost 15 days and was quite surprised by the cleanliness and service throughout my stay. The staff is very cooperative as I left my ATM card in the reception while check out which they made sure reaches me on time through courier. What more you can ask for without lending much from your pocket. Great delight to stay here. Very comfortable. Thank you Team Sita International Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Vijja2013
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The hotel location is great, it's located near the train station and the main market. It is safe and the staff are very kind and trustworthy. The rooms are clean and the food is good. Prices are very affordable.
I highly recommend this hotel to tourists.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank EmiliaLebanon
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I travelled India for a week.
I stayed there for 2 days. As a female foreigner, safety comes first. And SITA hotel is safe enough, clean (sometimes the room smells cigar but they will change a room), and the staffs are very kind and truthful. And the price is reasonable too.
and the food of the hotel restaurant were nice and convenient to use.

I highly recommend this hotel to businessman and tourists.

Room Tip: any hotels near the deli station is noisy so you shoulnt take this account seriously.