“Only suite is good”

Parkland Green Park
Ranked #501 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I had gone to Delhi for business.
I was booked in Hotel Parkland for 3 days.
When I reached , I saw an exalted guesthouse / motel rather than a hotel.
I was assigned a deluxe room which was anything but deluxe. Very small and cramped. The finish was also just passable.

I insisted for a bigger room but was told that the hotel is full.

I then decided to change the hotel and started leaving with my baggage when the manager then provided me with a suite which was pretty good. So I decided to stay for the night.

The prices are quite less compared to a city like Delhi.. The food is decent.

The manager was helpful . All in all , choose this hotel if on a tight budget, and select only the suite.

Room Tip: Only suite please
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Parkland Green Park

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Stayed here last year out of desperation, Missed by Virgin Atlantic Flight from Delhi to London airport!

No other hotels around the area had any vacancies due to the Olympic games or something of that accord. First impression from outside was, OH NO! Reminded me of a youth hostel from outside. I was greeted with a dodgy looking receptionist who realised I wasn't local to the area and who probably new he could charge his rack rate (Olympics once again).

So I opted to take his offer for £145including breakfast for the night as finding somewhere else was near impossible. The room was actually a wonderful suprise, Which is not what I can say about the rest of the hotel.

Clean the hotel was, Food was reasonable, Staff were eager to help (but I got this feeling the kids/staff just wanted constant tips). But it just had no life, It was almost like it was deserted, probably due to the lack of facilities or should I say non existant.

Whatever you do, Do not exchange any money here, The rate they offer is ridiculous.
Oh and If you think you can go for a stroll to the local shops or something, Let me warn you there arent any.

Back to the room, As stated wonderfully set up all mod-cons, free wifi throughout, They do offer a in-house taxi service. However, that is the only hope you have of a taxi there. The hotel is set on the side roads of one of Delhi's busiest roads. Having said that it is nicely set aside away from traffic (a little too set aside for my liking).

The hotel just lacked something, which I cant put my hand too. Lets just say its a hostel type with great rooms.

Oh and may I add, not worth more then £70 per night, In my opinion.

Regards

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Small hotel with mainly Indian clientelle situated in a resident location - interesting to see the green squares and villa properties in the adjacent Defence Colony. Only there for one night on a hectic schedule. Seemed I was the only dinner client in the small restaurant, but food quality and friendly service was Ok - breakfast ditto. Room/bathroom average for this type of hotel - no problems.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank JoeCBansteadUK
Reviewed 15 February 2011

We stayed here for three nights before joining a tour. The room was sizeable, I think we got upgraded to a bigger room, however one of the two locks on the door was broken, so I ended up putting a chair against the door for added security - as there was a bit of noise from the corridor.

The bathroom was a decent size and the shower pressure was one of the best we had the whole trip in India.

However, the breakfasts were terrible, the staff were not interested in serving at all, and it was hard to get even a piece of toast. However, dinner was fantastic. We can honestly say we had some of the best Indian meals at this restaurant. And the price was fantastic. Their naan bread was amazing and their paneer too! However, service was lacking - it was hard to get their attention.

I don't know if I would stay here again if I returned to Delhi, as it is soooo far out of the central part of the city. I used the Metro from Connaught Place back to Green Park, which was good. You just had to know which entrance you needed to exit out of so that you got on the right side of a very busy road to return to the hotel.

However, I would recommend the restaurant - Delhi Massala!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Parkland is well located close to the Green Park metro, though the staff was courteous and the rooms spacious and reasonably furnished the experience was less than satisfactory

The biggest problem I had was with the quality of food which was atrocius and the wierd brand of mineral water offered complimentary during stay. The windows opened onto a road with heavy traffic.. I think there are better options at the price

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2010

absolutely unresponsive staff. Takes more than 1 hour to deliver two unpeeled unchopped apples. Does not provide towels / napkins and need 4 reminders in 1.5 hours to get these. Reservations even when confirmed well in advance are subject to availability. No one listens to the complaints - MOST traumatic stay ever in delhi in last 8 years

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This is really a terrible experience. We stayed at Paharganj during our arrival in Delhi. So after back from Jaipur, we thought of splurge a little to stay at some decent 3 star hotel which is nearer to Metro. And after we paid US$ 200 a night, beside its near to the Green Park metro and the upmarket Saket shopping district, it does not worth every penny that we spent!!!

Delhi hotel is super expensive (don't know why). Even we don't expect the same quality we have from other develop city, but we are hoping its near. But this one is no where close. US$200 a night, this is only a 2 stars class. The staffs attitude is horrible. Not even deserve to be a hotel personnel. Especially the staffs at the restaurant during the breakfast, they were chatting and ignore us. One have to call them for coffee and almost anything. The lights are also off when guests are dining.

We paid more to get a deluxe room. The room is fine. But smelly. They put something inside the drainage. Water heater is almost not working. We showered on cold water the first night. Aircon is not working. Infact the first room is at 2nd floor and still spacious and has got a view. Until the air con is not working, they transferred us to the "store room" in the middle of the night. Consider we paid US$200 a night , and there we are, in a gloomy small room, overlooking the back lane. More ever, its behind the kitchen. We can hear people walking , talking and cooking the WHOLE NIGHT!!!Absolutely nightmare. We were so regreat that we could have pay another hundred more to enjoy in a 5 stars Hilton! But since we've booked and paid from the internet.

The irony part is, when we check out and waiting for the cab in the lobby, the staff came to us and ask us wether we are happy with the hotel. What a joke!!!! I understand Parkland is a sizable hotel group in India. It's a true shame that's what they can offer. We were so dissappointed.

For those who likes the area, there is another hotel beside this. Maybe one can check it out!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends