“Convenient and good value”

Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites
Ranked #219 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the night before our flight home. It is closer to a US-style business or business residence hotel than most you would find in India. Most of the flights from Delhi to the US leave in the wee hours of the morning, so we got a hotel room to rest and prepare before going to the airport. Svelte (don't get put off by the odd name) is in a shopping mall, so it is quite convenient. There is also a decent restaurant across the street. It is much closer to the airport than central Delhi, so you can avoid some traffic. Good jumping off point. Excellent internet access and good service. There was a convenient kitchenette, and the room was a small suite.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2011

The best hotel in New Delhi, we stayed there for 02 days, room were very spacious, clean, well maintained and had all requirements like refrigerator, microwave kitchenette. Staff were all courteous, quality service above expectations especially the Front desk and restaurant. Food was good, but with little option for breakfast.
The Hotel is located just above the mall which has all international brands, cinemas, kids area. Definitely a place to relax and enjoy with family. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank thebstang51
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My family enjoyed there stay at the Svelt. The Security staff, conciege, Beldex, maintanance staff and service staff were wonderful. The duty managers were great and were helpful in all aspects of my familys stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Had a stay over with friends and got an amazing deal on this hotel.
The basic rooms are all suites and are modern furnished with an open kitchen.
The location is great as its next to a mall with plenty of eating and shopping places
nearby.
One can step outside the hotel and has great restaurants, cafes and fast food joints
just a stone throw away.
The property is well maintained and clean. Rooms look is modern but comfort wise are
very okay. Baths room are lavish size but okay but other hotels means. Rooms do look
dull but are huge. This compensated by a great view outside the room if you take towards
facing the mall.
Check in and checkout are swift with warm staff. In room dining is okay and well priced.

I would suggest this to someone looking for a lot of activity in terms of shopping, eating
out in modern delhi . Site seeing places are also nearby like qutub minar about ten mins drive.
Overall I won't rate this a luxury hotel but a okay looking property with a great location.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karam s
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here in 2009, when it was quite new, and returned this year for another 10-day visit to Delhi. We had similar experiences.

Each time we arrived late after a long journey from Canada and had to contend with the night duty staff, who are not the most friendly, surprisingly, and nowhere near informed. My wife and I are iprefer members (it's free to join at www.iprefer.com), so we get a free room upgrade (based on availability) and free internet access at participating hotels.

After an unseemly argument last time, I clarified these issues by email prior to our arrival but the check-in staff were still clueless. They insisted I had to pay for internet access, which is simply not true. They also claimed the hotel was fully booked for our entire stay, so we could not get an upgrade. As soon as I got into my room, i checked and (lo and behold) found I could book the more expensive rooms for any of the days we were there.

The suites are very spacious and the housekeeping/in-room dining staff are incredibly friendly, but the attitude of the management remains as complacent and defiant. When you "pay" for the internet access in your room, it gives you a username and password so you can use the wireless access in the lobby. When these log-in details did not work for me, the management refused to believe such a provision existed and insisted I had to pay for the wireless access. I gave up.

The sales manager asked us to meet him because he wanted our feedback based on our two lengthy stays at the hotel. We gave him our ideas and he seemed responsive enough. However, the front desk staff continued to be as arrogant as before.

Barring desperation, we will never stay at the hotel again. In fact, having returned from a visit to the Far East a couple of weeks later, we chose the delightful Hilton Garden Inn, just down the road. The contrast between the attitude of the management was like chalk and cheese.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank dollmint
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at the Svelte for 2 nights and the room was spacious. Good view of the Mall from the room. All amenities were available in the room. Bathroom was a little small and service was not upto mark. Internet is paid and expensive. Good Instructor for the swimming pool. Business Center available but when we reached it was not ready at the booked time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank arifkakpori
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This is the best hotel I have stay so far and I will definitely not hesitate to choose them if I come back to Delhi. The staff are great and are very friendly and attentive. Check in was fast and efficient. The room is simply fabulous! Each room has 2 TVs, one in the living area and one in the bed room. The view from my room was superb, and the bed is very comfortable. Internet was also very cheap at 300 Rupees! However the only flaw is there is no wireless internet, Internet access is wired. Malls are just below the hotel, with cinemas and restaurants, very convenient. Over all I had a very comfortable stay with them!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo