“My Experience”

OYO 5915 Hotel Swagath
OYO 5915 Hotel Swagath
Ranked #589 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My overall experience was nice, room was spacious and clean, bathroom was in good condition as well. Staff was nice too.

But as it happens everywhere, you don't get things easy until you ask for them. I had booked an executive room, at first I was shown a very small room which I didn't like at all and upon the complaint I was shifted to another room which was spacious and comfortable with windows.

Hotel is located in the middle of the market so you will find lots of people and cars around.

Food and tea rates are too high in hotel, not happy with that.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aamir A

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Hi All,

I should first start with the hotel location which is pretty good, rooms are decent and clean but the wash rooms do not have towels(until u ask them), extremely hot water was running in Wash room.. so hot that it was unbearable.

In room, split ac was not working properly and night we had to call room service guys atleast 3-4 times..

Overall, a decent hotel with vulnerable facilities.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013

The rooms were full of cockroaches and ventilation is very very poor. Food quality & services were excellent. I am unable to understand why clear-trip have charged excess room tariff than being billed on me though earlier I have not faced such differences through Make my trip or Yatra.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed in Hotel swagath for 3 days. Location was excellent. Service and cleanliness of hotel is very good. It has a very good restaurant and quality and taste of food is excellent.

Natesh from Hyderabad

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I visited the restaurant at this hotel in Malviya Nagar. There is indeed another swagath restaurant at Def Col as well. This one at Malviya Nagar is centrally located in the main Malviya NAgar market. The problem is on a busy day/evening, there can be a big parking problem. I spent like 30 minutes going across the stretch to find a parking space and finally ended up going to the residential side. lets go on to the ambience and food. The restaurant is nice. Nothing fancy or exceptional considering you get plenty of choices in interiors these days. They have wide variety of Mughlai, Chinese and South Indian flavors on menu. I specifically tried the prawns Butter Garlic, Fish Curry Dish and Chicken Chettinad along with Appams. The food was perfect. I loved the freshness of fish and the chicken chettinad was again not that spicy. No liquor is served in this restaurant. Butter Milk was a refreshing option!!

Service is quick but if they are busy they get lost at times. 3 people came to ask me for my repeat order for appams though I had already ordered in the first place.

Overall a nice place for South Indian food. With 4 people, I spent around 700 pp. Ideally budget for 12-1400 for 2 people.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank REVENUEMANAGER
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Hi I am Yogesh
this is just to share my best ever stay in Hotel Swagath for 7 days
food service n hospitality was excellent of its kind
I found that the bill was economical when compared to others of the same kind
i suggest all my friends family and classmates -the one n only one Hotel Swagath

Room Tip: please contact manager mr annappa he is the best...................
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yogesh N
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel is opposite to Malviya Nagar Market. Hardly 5 mins walk. And this is the only advantage with this hotel. If you need to stay near to that area then you can probably have a stay here. The rooms are very ordinary I would give a 2 star rating because of it's poor service otherwise rooms are clean. Occasionally you may find A/C not working or noisy in my case which got fixed. I would recommend this for very short stay and only if you really need to stick around this area which was my main reason to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple