“Super Deluxe food at Defence Colony.........!!”
Review of Moti Mahal Delux

Moti Mahal Delux
Ranked #418 of 12,667 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Super Deluxe food at Defence Colony.........!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Hi everyone. This is retrospective review of a lunch I had in April 2013. This is for Moti Mahal at Defence Colony. It was my first time. I have never been to Defence Colony before nor have I eaten in any joints named Moti Mahal. This was an unexpected trip as me and my friend first went to have lunch at Kareem's near Hazrat. That neighbourhood was very unfriendly and the restaurant was closed. So we scooted from there and the taxi driver mentioned Moti Mahal at Defence Colony. We were hungry and said yes. I'm glad we did. This Moti Mahal is located at Varun Marg. Please remember......this is a no parking area.....I witnessed 2 cars being towed. there is a circular park nearby where you park your car/taxi for a small fee. A short walk 10 mins....and you are there. This is narrow but posh street and there is a big signboard , displaying the restaurant's name. We entered at around 2 pm. There are 2 floors and about 12 tables per floor. There were no patrons downstairs. The actual size of restaurant indoor area is small. We were ushered to the top and there is a lift to take you there. There were about 6-8 patrons. We ordered food...starters tandoori chicken, soft drinks followed by main course mutton biryani, roti and egg masala. It was very very good. Good punjabi punch with every bite. The food was perfectly cooked. All the dishes were licked clean. Lovely taste and a sense of satisfaction. I was super full with super deluxe food. The food price is upmarket. But I was happy swiping my credit card. Very pleased. No space for dessert. Alcohol and beer are served here. But we didn't consume any.......why should we drink during daytime, anyway ?? We were barely able to walk afterwards. There are a lot of eateries in this area....ice cream, pastries, cakes, italian, chinese, indian veg etc. There are 3-4 ATMs for emergency cash. I don't when I will return to defence colony. But If I am there.......you know where I will eat. Sorry no pics..!

Vaughan, Canada
“Authentic food”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Not to far from the property is this authentic Indian Restaurant. The butter chicken and rogan josh is awesome with garlic nan. Try the Kulfi as a dessert, enjoy !

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rita M
New Delhi
“Deluxe food definitely....experience can be deluxe too!”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Been there multiple times with friends/family and I think what stands out is the food. The starters are really good, murgh malai tikka, Amritsari fish and the regular Paneer tikka etc. The Dal Makhni is absolutely mouth-watering and even the baingan bharta was delicious. The mutton is also recommended. The location of the place is very good, being on Malcha marg surrounded by the Diplomatic enclave so it definitely gets a lot of foreigners who I'm sure LOVE the food.
Some downsides are, the place is small and feels a little cramped, not enough seating so one may have to wait sometimes although I have been fortunate to not have to but then I never visited on a busy day or peak rush hours. The staff is nice and courteous, can be even better. Cleanliness was fine can be even better, the restrooms are cramped. I think the space is the only major constraint but I guess the food more than makes up for it. An excellent option for North Indian veg/non-veg food in South Delhi close to the embassy area/Shanti path.

New Delhi, India
“very delicious food”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

no compromise on food quality , taste and presentation.
threre butter chicken & dal makhani is must to go for it.
book reservation in advance
nice ambience and staff very very attentive.

thanks
neha

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Moti Mahal restraurent in south ex has one of the best quality of food both in terms of quality and taste. Must visit for all the spicy food lovers!

• Visited November 2012