“The worst staff I have ever experience”

The Shipra International
Ranked #679 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've never had to write such a negative review but in this case I have no choice. The attitude of one of the hotel staff, his name is Subodh has been absolutely disgusting. We arrived at the hotel and the first thing they tell us is that there is no room, we told him that we have booked through booking.com and tells us with very bad manners, that there must be a mistake because the price is very low. We told politely that this was a problem that they should be solved with booking.com he respond yelling at us that he gives us the room. I asked at what time was the breakfast and he told me that I have no breakfast included (again with an arrogant and violent behavior). I showed him the voucher and tell him that he should not treat a customer like that he looked away and told me to go to my room.
There are several room types. We assume that we got the worst (so others may have better comments about intalations). The bathroom was very old with a broken toilet and poor cleaning. There was a musty smell in the room. The buffet breakfast, right.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LavueltalmundodeMyM
HotelGuestRelations1, Guest Relations Manager at The Shipra International, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Greetings from The Shipra International!!!

We thank you for giving us the chance to serve you. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

we are also shocked to hear that your experience did not go well and the facts that you have pointed out has been duly noted and let us assure you that we are looking into the same and we apologize for the same as well

We look forward to your return and would love to see you in the near future if you could give us another chance

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was the first hotel we stayed at during our short trip to India. Delhi was very nice ,lovely monuments and interesting places to visit
The hotel nice, comfortable and value for money,but a bit far off for sightseeing. Our experience was nice and staff also helpful,good stay no complaints will recommend to stay if first visit

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from The Shipra International!!!

We are glad that your stay at Shipra was pleasant and you enjoyed the facilities provided in the room.Guest feedback is important to us and helps us to better ourselves.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked Deluxe Room for three days through goibibo for two persons after reviewing the hotel on tripadvisor. I arrived a day ahead of my companion . Rooms were good. The breakfast was included in the plan but the staff at the restaurant showed that as they doing some obligation by providing the same. I checked out at 5.15 AM in the morning. To my surprise the front office were trying to charge me extra guest charges for my companion which arrived a day later than me which they rolled back after protesting. Futher was denied bill by the hotel citing reasons that the hotel is booked to website and they give bills only for cash payment.I book hotels through online only and it is the first time that such a reason is given to me. Such unreasonable behavior force me to write a review of any hotel for first time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank nishant1982
HotelGuestRelations1, Guest Relations Manager at The Shipra International, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have been staying in this hotel since 2006 and so far always been happy with services, room facilities and staffs' warmliness. Loocation is central which is a BIG plus and now they have started buffet breakfast which is super so my 'five thumps up'

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GSMCAEMS
HotelGuestRelations1, Guest Relations Manager at The Shipra International, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Greetings from The Shipra International!!!

We are glad that your stay at Shipra was pleasant and you enjoyed the facilities provided in the room. considering the fact that this was your visit to India, we are happy to have put a good impression of Indian hospitality on you . Guest feedback is important to us and helps us to better ourselves.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just a couple of nights in Dec '13 my partner was quite unwell at this point so we spent quite a lot of time in the room.

The double room was a good size, had a large comfortable bed and both the bedroom and en suite were clean. The hotel breakfast was a standard buffet affair, no real complaints here.

A couple of odd touches: the floor we were on had a concierge /security guard type guy, a little weird as he would jump up whenever you left the room. He also had the ability to turn the AC on and of on the room instead of you having your own control - that's odd and inconvenient having to ask to turn this on and off! A solid, good, clean place to stay and close to New Delhi (NDLS) rail station (but not so close as to be noisy) however quite pricey at 20GBP+

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

After a very long overnight train journey we were met with unfriendly staff who were happier being rude about us in Hindi (I understand some Hindi) than talking to us directly. This is one of those places where they will not let you carry your own bag and then not leave your room until you give them money. In fact, we had the strangest experience when a porter decided to push past me with our eventual pillows and blankets we requested, entering our room when my wife was in bed, clearly against my wishes. He refused to leave (he wanted to put the pillow cases on etc) saying no problem no problem, when I am clearly saying ‘yes problem’. Unsure what do I exclaimed how ridiculous this was, and lifted the phone to call reception. Santosh hung up the phone saying sorry sorry, but still wouldn’t leave, I think, he was waiting for a tip!! I pretty much had to man handle him out of there. Absolute disbelief. Unfortunately for us too, the porters all hung out in the corridor outside our room, playing music on their phones and chatting loudly. When we checked out our room bill was twice the price that was expected, but it was claimed that our bill was mixed up with another guests. And our Airport taxi was more expensive than was quoted the day before, apparently the tiny taxi that came to pick us up was a ‘large’ taxi and therefore more expensive. Avoid avoid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy T
HotelGuestRelations1, Guest Relations Manager at The Shipra International, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Greetings from The Shipra International!!!

We thank you for giving us the chance to serve you. It was a pleasure having you as our guest but at the same time we are also horrified to learn that you had to face inconvenience due to certain staff and let us assure you that the concerned person have been notified about the same and we would like to request you to please do not let this leave a sour impact of our services .

We are glad that you did like the room and rest of your stay experiences leaving apart the certain shortcomings. We have taken actions in the part that you have pointed in your review. A guest's feedback is important to us and helps us to better ourselves.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Having booked & paid via Agoda 2 months earlier, we arrived in Delhi at 3am to find the hotel full. They offered no help in finding somewhere else, & said that our payment would be refunded within 2 days. Stranded in Delhi in the early hours was not a pleasant experience - a very dangerous place, especially for women. 3 weeks later we are still waiting for a refund......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family