“Average!”

Ranked #315 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Average!”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The rooms were spacious and clean. However the restaurant in the basement was pretty basic - too dark and quiet, food was average Could have done with some light music in the background.

Ok for a 1 night stay which is what we had with an early morning departure for the train to Amritsar from New Delhi train station which was about a 35min drive at 5.30am. If you have a confirmed train booking you just need to be at the platform about 15-20mins before departure.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indore, India
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The hotel is nicely located in Greater Kailash Part 1, about 10 min walk from the Kailash colony metro station. Easy checkin, Nice rooms, well equipped with all the furniture and accessories.
BUT early morning 7 am, loud voices of the catering/ kitchen staff discussion ruins your sleep. Lack of ventillation in rooms is also a negative. A security threat also existed when I walked in through the Hotel main gate straight to my room. The male receptionist was busy sleeping in front of me and no security gaurd made me sneak in without getting noticed at 3 AM. Few of the bath fittings needed attention.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 November 2012

For this price range it usually doesn't get better than this in cities like delhi. You get a small mediocre hotel run by a group of people who are just there to get stuff done.
You get a small mediocre room which atleast in this case was pretty clean and tidy.
The staff was helpful and attentive. The bed was nice and comfortable. And thats just about it.
Location is good. Over all its OK.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Guwahati, India
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Stayed at the Velvet apple for 1 night. We were travelling in a group with 2 kids and 1 elderly person and had booked 2 rooms for 4 nights initially and paid an advance of Rs.10000 as requested. At the time of booking, had specially requested for rooms with direct sunlight as we didn't want to stay in a damp/dark place for 4 days. Also, had inquired about lift facility as we had an elderly person travelling with us who would not be comfortable climbing stairs up and down. We reached the hotel at 11.30 PM and to my surprise they had allotted us 2 rooms in the ground floor with no outside view whatsoever as the lift was out of order!! We entered the rooms..there was minimal lighting as in one of the rooms only 2 table lights were working and in the other there were 3 dim lights. On opening the washroom door, we realized the door handles were broken in both the washrooms!! There was an old fashioned geyser in the washroom which we had to switch on and wait for 20 odd minutes for the hot water to be available..which is quite tiresome when its midnight and the kids are absolutely dropping off from exhaustion!! Next morning I was surprised to wake up in the middle of the night, but when I checked the watch it was 8.30 AM. It was pitch dark inside the room as the sole window was next to the boundary wall which was about 8 ft high , so no natural light in the room.. Went for a quick shower and when I reached for the towel, the towel rail came off the wall!! Hurried down to the basement restaurant for breakfast at 9.30 AM ( Breakfast is served till 10 AM as was informed to us the previous night during check in). To our surprise, it was completely empty!! No waiters or staff.. went searching and finally located a staff who offered to help serve breakfast. When we asked for juice, we were told its not available, then another guy came and offered to make fresh watermelon juice for us. There was hot and cold milk, but no cereals/cornflakes. They claimed its not available. There was toast with butter and jam and poori bhaji. There was a card saying "eggs to order". Requested a poached egg which they refused as they didn't know how to poach an egg!! Finally received an omelette which was cold and certainly not fluffy..not the kind you expect in a restaurant!! We checked out that day itself as we didn't want to ruin our holiday with such a lousy experience..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Neelakshi11
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed at Velvet Apple for a week with our two young children - what a treat! Clean and comfortable rooms with impeccable housekeeping service and attention to detail. 24/7 coffee shop and room service with amazing food (especially the indo-chinese). Appreciated the 2 markets down the street with easy, accessible shopping for tourists like us. Staff was always smiling and available to help with any of our requests - including making pancakes for our kids from a box we brought along from the US! It is boutique hotel so the staff all recognize you and so after a long day out and about, it is nice to come 'home'.

Room Tip: our room faced the street so was a bit louder in the morning but was actually ok given jet lag!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I visited Delhi in jan. Stayed at this hotel. It's an excellent hotel in 3 star category with high class services.services are on time and a good staff to make your stay comfortable. Over all It's a good hotel with excellent services. Really happy with the stay.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank anuarora
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 May 2012

On my trip mainly to north India. Going to many places, my stop in Delhi was booked at Velvet Apple Hotel.

After tiring journey just wanted to check in and hit the bed. Hotel had everything ready for me to check in and was welcomed with cool summer drink very refreshing. Rooms are equipped with all amenities and very clean with refreshing aroma. Beds and pillows were fantastic just what I needed after tiring day to sink into comfortable bed with chilling air-condition in place. I checked in late night and was really famished, I was trying to stay away from any street food so had not eaten anything except packed chips. I ordered food from room service and was served freshly made daal and roti - awesome.

After a nice hot shower, I slept like a log in comfort.

Morning had my hot tea from in room tea maker and read complimentary news paper. Interesting they called me in room for breakfast, no one calls otherwise. They did offer me to serve in-room but I chose to go down to coffee shop. Breakfast was again awesome. Fresh eggs of your choice, sausages and wide verity Indian and continental - not like run of the mill breakfasts in other hotels. I really liked the concept of Fresh Juice. They have juicer right there, take watermelon or carrot or tomato. Really Good.

Service staff is very helpful and nice. I found they empathize and understand customer needs very well and ready to take decisions. All of them ready to take charge. I was really happy and more over nicely surprised to see such professionally managed hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel and Velvet Apple Hotel will be my choice.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on second floor
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo