“Don't stay there / No te quedes ahí”

Hotel The Royal Plaza
Ranked #78 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Worst Hotel ever¡¡¡¡
I wait for 45 minutes at 2 am to get my room because no availability, after 4 weeks of confirmed my reservation.
I have to fight for several minutes until someone says OK, let’s give him a room¡¡¡ Like if they were doing me a big favor.
The room was the smallest, smelliest and unclean room I ever been after 15 years of business travelling
It was so crowded that getting breakfast was another fight every morning to get a table. At the end I just came in and seat together with people who I never saw in my life.
Personnel were very unprofessional and lacy, lines at cashier and reception were common.
At the discotheque the bar man try to charge me drinks I never had, then I have to fight again to avoid this charge.

The worst experience ever in an Hotel

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Giannito

Reviewed 24 March 2011

The location of this place is great. Heart of CBD in Delhi, i.e. Connaught Place. However the room sizes were a disappoinment. Matchbox sized rooms seem to be made only for the solo travellers. Stayed on the 16th floor with a good view of the city.

Lobby and reception are beautifully and tastefully done

Another disappointment was the check-in and check-out process and time taken. An average 15 minutes comfortably with some of the desk staff not knowing what to do and what all to priortise.
Breakfast spread is good with options for the Indian and Continental taste.
Sleep quality reasonably okay.
Stayed here since the regular place was full. Overall good as a second option not the first.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PraksMumbai
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I was only one night in this Hotel, I travelled a lot of times but this hotel is really bad, dirty and noisy, the rooms are really dirty with an old smell.
I started my trip to India in this Hotel "luxury categorie" but really far away of this. I mean I asked not to much for the first day, but the bed was dirty, the badroom the same case like noisy that I coudn't sleep all the night long.

I'll never come again and for me was the worst hotel that I never saw I repeat again dirty and noisy

The hotel outside and at the reception looks nice but the rooms are indescribables

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juan_drz
Reviewed 17 March 2011

The worst Hotel ever tried. We are frequent travelers and we never saw a room so dirty and noisy. Mouldy in the bathroom and the dirty sheets of the bed. We even suggested to our travel agent to remove this hotel of the proposed tours. Positive point: the morning buffet was good.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank mijinix
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed here twice - once at the start of our tour and once at the end. Both times we were given (different) tiny triangular rooms with noisy plumbing. There reception staff were not particularly helpful, the bar and restaurant would have seemed outrageously overpriced in Central London let alone India. The most positive people to deal with were the concierge's team who found our car and driver after reception had given him the wrong room number.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randd33
Reviewed 15 March 2011

rooms was "micro small" and staff wasn't friendly.
I confirmed with reception that i wanted to stay 2 hours more as my flight is bit delayed, after that i got 2 different calls confirming my checkout and asking with such a surprise that i wanted to stay for 2 more hours.. what the management.. wow!
rooms are super small and noway a 4 star hotel!
I didn't even find toothpaste in washroom... i could say it's my mistake that i forgot the one to carry with but others hotels made my thinking this way... Ramada failed in every bit.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2011

After reading all the horrific reviews, I assumed this place would be a total dive and therefore set very low expectations. In fact, it wasn't that bad. Yes, some of the staff were a bit aloof; the room was a bit dirty in places; and--worst of all--the internet service was EXTREMELY expensive (one shouldn't have to pay USD 18 per day for Internet use at a 4-star hotel). Otherwise, though, all was fine--the staff were great, the food was fine, the guestroom was generally clean and quiet, and the location can't be beat. My best advice is to get a room on a higher floor, which is quieter than down below. Also, if you're travelling for leisure and have no intense need for internet, then don't use it (I think you can use the internet at the business center for free). Also, it's true the hotel tries to rip you off in different ways (internet, buffet dinner), so be careful. But if you keep your expectations relatively low, you shouldn't be too disappointed. I'll always have very pleasant memories of the kind waiters in Luyten's restaurant, the doormen, and the very lovely pool/garden.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business