Hotel The Royal Plaza
US$181
US$160
US$107
Agoda.com
The Lalit New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$127
US$102
US$170
US$158
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$290
US$33
US$90
US$65
2,822 results
All reviewsguest relationsconnaught placebeautiful lobbypool sidespecial thankschinese restaurantindia gatecentral delhithe heart of the cityfront office staffbusiness tripbuffet breakfastcomfortable roomsroom service ismetro stationruchiaman
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed here twice during our saty in India and its a great place to stay. The enrty with its grand murals on the ceiling and marble everywhere enhances the ambience of the hotel.
Staff are friendly and very helpful. Food is good though a little on the expensive side as are drinks etc. Compared to some of the other hotels of the same ratings this was definately value for money with a great location near Connaught Place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shrinkingworld
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week , i would say it is one of the best hotel i have stayed, the staff were warm and welcoming, especially the front office staff here were warm and welcoming, i would like to thanks the hotel front office manager Mr.Amit who was there whenever i was demanding something he was very patient.

I had a small incident when i was received at the reception by two beautiful ladies wearing indian traditional sari, there was a goofup made by the lady who took my booking over phone in reservation she was very arrogant over the phone when i was booked, earlier i was very terrified to take the room but one of my friend who recommended this hotel just because of him i took take the chance, but as soon as i saw smile on the beautiful ladies welcoming me, i was relaxed... the reception staff took my complaint seriously regardng rooms as they were too and same time my room was upgraded to suit. I would say i was taker care for each and every demand. i was never dissapointed when ever i request something i only call reception and guess what they are there with solutions.

Last thing for the Travellers across the globe PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do visit the Royal plaza hotel and ask for anything they will never say no... IN TRUE WORDS U R THE BEST....MMM LOVING IT.

Room Tip: Just ask the reception they will suggest, just leave all your worries to them and see the magic
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank radius r
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I arrived at the Royal Plaza to be greeted by a tall uniformed and turban wearing gentleman who welcomed me to the hotel. After going through a security check I entered the reception area that is very grand with painted murals on the ceiling and marble everywhere. Unfortunately the receptionist did not deliver the anticipated service! The booking details were incorrect, I was not offered a room choice (smoking or non-smoking) and just given my key without a smile, a welcome or any guidance on hotel services. I had to ask where the lifts were!
I was running a conference over 3 days and had mixed service, the bar and restaurants provided good service with polite and helpful staff but breakfast and conference room support was disappointing. Staff training in customer service and social graces is a real need here!
The bedrooms are small and the air conditioning is inefficient and noisy. Guests have to use key card to activate air-con and lights so the rooms get hot during daytime and it takes all night to get the rooms cool! Thus nights are very uncomfortable due to the heat.
The charge for Internet access is exorbitant and very slow as are costs for taxi cabs when booked via the hotel. Checkout was equally inadequate as there appeared to be no communications between staff......I had checked out the evening before my early morning departure but arrogant reception staff refused to accept this. The hotel is near to the city centre although the route takes you through several slum areas and should be avoided.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank matkincc
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Its a nice hotel, both for vacation as well as business.
The service is quick, the menu rates are expensive though, typical to its high star rating.
The Wifi is not strong enough in the rooms - at least I had that problem.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The Hotel The Royal Plaza is decorated extravagantly, filled with marble statues, some of which are behind Plexiglas because they are supposedly genuine antiques. It bills itself as a five-star hotel, and its amenities generally meet the required standard, but I experienced small failings that could be resolved with better management and the attention to detail that should be characteristic of a genuinely world-class operation. Some of the problems perhaps result because, after all, the hotel is in India.

I’m not sure why other reviewers complained of the rooms’ small size. My room had ample space, although I had requested just a standard room for the corporate discount rate. The queen bed was a four-poster with a pretty floral canopy, and the room also had a small table with four chairs, a love seat and arm chair by a coffee table, and a desk under the flat-screen TV. The room, however, lacked any drawers, other than two tiny ones in a small closet under the safe. Since they were only suitable to hold socks and underwear, I couldn’t really unpack during my week stay. In addition, the water temperature in the bathroom was extremely difficult to adjust, either being far too hot or cold. The water pressure was also quite inadequate.

I had requested a hotel car for four different occasions. My wife and I were picked up with no problem from the airport, but the concierge was confused and seemed to have no record of my reservation on two other occasions. The cars and drivers did eventually emerge.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, and, as noted elsewhere, the hotel is quite centrally located.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business