“Excellent property at reasonable price”

Hotel The Royal Plaza
Ranked #75 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Dehradun, India
“Excellent property at reasonable price”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is an excellent property situated at a very vital location i.e. near Rajiv Chowk and Rashtrapati Bhawan. Rooms are small but well equipped. Lobby, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Gym, and Spa everything is very good. This hotel has a classy interior decoration. They have a excellent fleet of luxury car taxis including a Rolls Royace too! Metro Station is at a walk-able distance. Its not far away from New Delhi Railway Station too.
Everything was excellent but one thing I did not like at all. I booked this property through Make My Trip. Being on official trip, I required their bill on Hotel's Letter Head, which they clearly refused. I can't understand this. I should have been given the bill by the hotel for my stay. I am very upset over this.

Room Tip: Take rooms of higher floors to get a better view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had a wonderful time at the hotel. Delhi was very hot in May but the wonderful stay at the Royal Plaza made up for it. Great, convenient location, nice ambiance and friendly staff. No complaints at all - actually staff go out of their way to do things for you. Enjoyed the buffet breakfast, great selection, and a great way to start your day. Very nice and clean hotel. Special thanks to Navneet Pal, the hotel restaurant manager for his courteous, professional and exceptional service - I'd give him 20 stars :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

No complaints from me except internet charges!! Bar was very expensive if you wanted a drink! Very elegant interior, pool area very nice! Pool party an interesting venue, but not a problem. Doorman very nice also Breakfast staff.

Room Tip: Small room but not a problem, You only slept in it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Delhi
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nice location, Rooms are small but clean and confortable.Good selection of Breakfast and the way they serve you in the restauren is awesome...:) we stayed with family and highly recomended,we will surely come back...

• Stayed April 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our travel agents moved us to this hotel as their original choice was being renovated at the time of our trip. We wish they hadn't. The decor off the lobby screams luxury and elegance, the cupboard we stayed in both times did not. Tiny rooms with no view of the city, hyper-expensive wi-fi, incorrect bills, and poor service. To make matters worse our return visit to the hotel was even worse. Returning to Delhi after travelling in the north of India (see excellent review of Oberoi Cecil, Shimla) we needed a good night's sleep before flying to Singapore the next day. We didn't get it. While the spectacle of the wedding party that was taking place in the garden was great in the daytime, the noise made by the groom's party in our corridor at night was not. My wife phoned reception three times to complain and each time was told they would sort it out, but they did not. On the third occasion the hotel offered to move us to a suite away from the noise, at 3:30 a.m. Would you move everything out of your room at that time of night? Despite a personal conversation with the groom nothing changed and we very tired the next day. Worryingly for us we were also booked in to their sister hotel The Madero in Buenos Aires and were apprehensive about that, however the Madero turned out to be everything the Royal Plaza wasn't.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed in April 2014 5 nights, thoroughly enjoyed it, made very welcome.I can only moan about wifi not too good and pricey--Rooms were clean, food was good staff very welcoming. The Hotel is ageing but not to a point it looks chatty. I would return here and I am usually quite critical

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I organised a conference in this hotel few days ago and I am only writing this review for the level of customer service I saw in this hotel, according to me this is the most important feature for any hotel which most of the hotels I visit these days are lacking in. The food and the arrangements were good but the attitude and promptness of the staff was beyond measurable. I would really like to appreciate the efforts of the banquet manager Mr. Priyank Mishra who saved me from the moment of peril in that conference and he is the only reason that the event was completed without complications. I am very impressed from this hotel and would recommend it for any kind of business events and in future if I would have an event in delhi I will definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business