“Poser”

Hotel The Royal Plaza
Ranked #72 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“Poser”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

You don't gain anything by having an exotic building with painted ceilings, golden structures and the word "royal" in your name if you can't look after your guests or don't even have clean and working bathrooms. Ours was dirty, rusted and flooded, for example, and all the "fancy" fabric and curtains hanging in the room were full of dust. We had to contact the reception staff a few times and they were not helpful at all. Also, charging $15 for using the wifi in the most modern city in India shows greediness on the part of the hotel. In Mandawa was free. On the other hand, the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is really good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 August 2014

a very good hotel in the heart of new delhi. Rooms are done up well, albeit a bit small. Not possible to have an extra bed in the room at all. Awesome breakfast spread.Am travelling again n september to delhi and hope to stay there again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 6 August 2014

They have a weird policy of paying in advance for everything or they will not allow the signing facility in your room....for anything you order you will get a call....they will ask u......what is your mode of payment cash or card.....very irritating.......not worth a stay........paid in advance for four days.....still partial behavior......Would not recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Rajnish K

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Delhi
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel royal plaza in delhi for the night of 5th aug. I checked in at 10pm and had to check out at 615 am.
This hotel is a complete disaster and I believe that they should get out of the hoteling business Let's start with the agony
1. From the very check in process the check in staff look at me as if they are doing me a favour. In particular I would like to point out a lady who checked me in called Shalu. No eye contact. No hello. No greetings. Sullen look. I wonder how she is at the front desk.....
2. I get to the room and I have been given a smoking room when I had made a booking for a non smoking room. I deceided to use the toilet before I go down to change my room. As soon as pulled the flush the water gushed out from the wc and finally filled the wc !!!!!! And did not subside.
3. I called the from desk and the lady that I spoke to tells me that she has to check as she did not check me in !!!! After promising to call me back in 5 mins, she doesn't and I get tired to waiting for over 10 mins I go back down again
4. Speak to another agent tell him about my terrible experience and he says that he shall give me another room. I ask clearly if the same is working and he assures me that it is. Now I have been given room 1714.
5. I he's back to the room and my cup of woes run over. Half the lights in the room aren't working !!! I call house keeping and they send the engineer in. By the time he comes in all the light have gone off !!!! And I am furious. The engineer is a nice soul and tries to help but still no luck.
6. By now I have called the duty manager and give him a piece of my mind and ask him to come up and take a look for himself. He does. Apologies and moves me to a larger room in which everything works.

Really the owner of this propery (mr Mittal ) as his picture is all over the front desk, needs to get out this business on an urgent basis. Very very sorry state. I would not stay here even at 2000 rs/night.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Shravan S
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I gernally use to stay in hotels but i dont have this much time to give review but hotel the royal plaza had forced me to do that i stay in hotel for two days my problems starts from starting when i enter into the hotel no one was there to welcome then i reached to reception every one who is standing there is giving me negative feedback it seems that they are standing there to say no to the guest after that no one was there to escort me to the room i have to carry my lugguage by my own after doing struggle i reached to room what i have seen in picture at the time of booking and what i got when reached is totally different i feel like some one cheats mee they do not have wifi complimentry which now days every hotel use to give but i think hotel owner wants to make more money that why he is making guest cheat corridor was noise there was lots of maintenance work pending ...
I would suggest not to use hotel the royal plaza i think road side hotel are much more better then that...

• Stayed July 2014
Hissar District, India
Reviewed 29 July 2014

That sums it up really. Our first stay here and not our last. We celebrated our Franchisee Meet. Great choice of good, tasty food - very relaxing. Rooms large, roomy and immaculate. Team were amazing and very professional. The team were always smiling despite having such a workload.
Wishes

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PradipGupta2014
Ingolstadt, Germany
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I heard about the location of the hotel and decided to stay for 5 nights.I checked in at early hours , where I came to know that wifi was not in my package. However , It is surprising that when i booked i had my wifi included , but confirmation does not tell about wifi and left at the discretion of the hotel staff what he/she decides . This is uncalled for. The room also had lot of problems , the next day i wrote a email to Front office of hotel all the problems , so they tried to clam down by upgrading me to suite.
Whiel check out i was surprised to see that I was charged with bfast tax , something which i did not have it. The guy at reception tells me after 5 nights that bfast is always included in their hotel's any package , which is pathetic to hear.
The good point of the hotel is location is excellent , food is good and rooms are dectely managed but assets are very old.

Room Tip: check what u get when u book , do not go for location and get into trap.