“Don't get fooled by nice pictures”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Hanuwant Palace
Ranked #266 of 1,007 Speciality Lodging in New Delhi
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Me and my wife wanted to stay for one night near airport due to the flight next morning, so we took an offer of makemytrip.com from its office at the airport. The agent showed us a leaflet of a beatiful rooms with a 1800Rs for a night. Breakfast and welcome drink included.
The location of the hotel for a flight change is good, near to the airport and quiet enough to sleep. Well, maybe besides tapping water in the bathroom.
The room itself was big, but dusty like it wasn't cleaned for ages. Also mold on the walls (what you can already notice in the corridor) didn't look inviting, as well as stained bed sheets and pillows which remembered at least 10 previous guests. Luckily we had our sleeping bags.
The welcome drink turned out to be a glass of tap water with sugar and lime. We couldn't even get a small bottle of coke as requested.

I'm not too fusy, I slept in many places in India much cheaper and cleaner. But for this price I expected more than a filthy crap mimicking deluxe palace. Not recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacob P

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had no hot water on rest rooms.
No cable connection provided for TV initially. though it was fixed but soon it got ditched. I spent my bad boring times.
AC blinds did not work. I pulled it by hands.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Raja M
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very Very Bad Experience from the start till end.
1. I show my Clear Trip voucher to the Person at Reception , he said he has no informaiton about my booking , and after waiting for 15 min he said he has my booking was 1 day before nut not for the current da. My Clear trip voucher cleary shows dates for my ckeck-in and check out. I showed him my voucher and email from cleartrip, then he aggree .
2. Then he arranged one room , that he called it as delux room , but when we enterd into the room it seems room has been closed for very long or may be used as store room.,they just cleaned up for me, bathroom us very very dirty , geaser is not working , TV is also not wroking. I was with little kid so we decided to talk to Manager and ask him to change the Room .
3. He gave us another room , similar to previous room, again TV is not working , and we try to switch on the Geaser , and after 5 min it start exploding the GAS/Steam form the gaeser , again we call the Manager to ask him to change the room.
4.Againg he gave us another room better than previous but again no TV, gaeser is not working , not phone in the room , and bathroom -- Shower is not working, water blockage in the wash basen,....it seem this room is under construction and they just open us for only..

All in all it was very very bad experience with hotel hanuwant palace, these guys gave all the room to some other party who has book room in the bulk, that make us suffer.

I will never go to this hotel again and suggest other guys to be careful while booking room in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel has very large rooms that are well-maintained and clean. You can't beat the value for the price anywhere else in the neighborhood. We stayed here furring our stay in Delhi and found that, though the hotel isn't centrally located, it is still very easy to get around the city. It is next to a bus stop that runs very frequently to the nearest metro stop which makes getting anywhere in the city very cheap. The hotel's restaurant has good food at good prices. Overall a great place to stay for the budget traveler whith American standards.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2013

One of the most spacious room till date I have stayed in.The lobby is also like we can play cricket there.The rooms are neat and clean and well maintained. The space is more than what is required in a hotel room. Though the hotel is situated on a sub lane of NH but the the hotel rooms were out of chaos and totally silent and calm.
We have stayed one night there but it was sufficient to rate this hotel as a very very good hotel. We took non-veg fried rice for lunch and i should say the one plate amount is sufficient for two and the taste is also good.The hotel also runs 24X7 room service so problem of timing. Also there are a few good restaurants near the hotel.
So overall a very good hotel with good staffs, good rooms and a good ambiance. You can give a try to this hotel which is very close to airport, just 10 mins drive from domestic terminal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Bed habits prevail on every section of this hotel. Not to give complimentary service unless you are bent upon to get it. Wi-fi not in place. Room intercom not working. No tea/ coffee in room even not on call. You have to go restonrent for getting every thing even to Water to drink. Bed deal

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The stay was neat and good, the service was done as requested. The only inconvenience is that the hotel had a complimentary airport drop but i was made to pay for it. The restaurant was good. nice stay

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple