“Yum Yum or Yuck yuck?”
Review of The Yum Yum Tree

The Yum Yum Tree
Ranked #988 of 12,989 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

i came to this resto to have dinner. The place is poorly illuminated. There are restos that have dark ambiance but looks welcoming and alive. This one looks a nice cozy place to sleep.

I ordered beer based on the list and the 3 brands i tried to order are not available. I settled for foster pint at INR 245. I ordered for Miso soup (R285) but came later than the chef recommended Dynamite rolls (R 685). I needed to eat my rolls first than the soup. The roll is average but the salmon outside the roll is not fresh at all that it felt slimy. The Miso soup is like a warmed seawater with a bit of tofu. It was too salty and awful. Then came my pork bao (6 small pcs for R385). The bao is the best in all of what i ordered. There is a free scoop of ice cream after the meal.

Over-all experience was so bad. With waiters, especially the lady, that do not know and do not have knowledge of the food. They have "prawn tempura" that is coated with rice...huh...and they explained though that it's not the real "ebi tempura" but a bit of "mixed". They should have said "fusion".

Total bill= INR 2097.00
I would not like to come back and dine in this resto. Very expensive for the quality of food at the price point. I would rather say that eating in Oberoi is cheaper than having in Yuck Yuck oh...Yum Yum resto!

2  Thank Narellano

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Went to YYT after a few years because I had a couple of bad experiences earlier and had stopped going.

I've had food at parties catered by YYT and the foods been very good. After tasting the catered food and views about YYT on forums I gave it another shot but I was totally disappointed and I will certainly not go back or recommend the place to anyone else.

Honestly there wasn't anything bad with the food....but there wasn't anything good with the food either. It was just plain ordinary food and we could've totally avoided the place. There were five of us and all of us were unanimous in our opinion about the food.

2  Thank US75
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I had dinner last night and were frankly very disappointed with almost every aspect of our experience.

To start with,the Airconditioning was not woking very well.We changed our table to find the coolest spot and then it was not uncomfortable but far from perfect.

The next surprise was when I unfolded my napkin and found a small cockroach sitting under it.
The staff were apologetic and caught the offending insect and took it away.

I ordered a beer and was served a mildly cold drink.The staff tried to remedy this by changing my glass with a pre-cooled glass..(pthis was party successfull)

Our meal was average and nothing to write home about.
My next beer order was also not cold and I requested them to put it in the freezer before serving it again.

All in all ,it was a poor experience considering that we ended up paying more than Rs. 4000 (approx 60USD) for the two of us for 1 starter ,2 main dishes and 3 drinks. Other places offer far better quality and value for this kind of money

The whole place appeared to be overall ..slightly run down....
It was a far cry from what they used to be when they opened.

It seemed that the management has lost focus on the resteraunt and has not been paying attention.

2  Thank VikramRanade
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Been to this restaurant with my friends and it was nice experience to be there; wonderful food, service & ambience.... i have liked both the veg & non veg sections (Dimsums in particular)..... it's bit expensive but worth to be in this restaurant

1  Thank sandipkrsingh
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have become regulars at the YYT Sunday Brunch. The Japanese and Chinese cuisine combination makes it an attractive proposition. My son loves the sushi, and we the dim sum.

I particularly like their vegetarian selection. The service is friendly, smiling but a tad slow; especially when the place fills up around 1:30-2:00 pm.

I would recommend the vegetarian sushi, the crab and prawn dimsum as well as their hot and sour soup.

Go one of these Sundays.. you could do much worse!