“Fantastic - will definitely return”
Review of BnB Chrysalis

BnB Chrysalis
Ranked #8 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - will definitely return”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We were forced to make last minute arrangements for our accommodation in Delhi for most of the month of August. After phoning around most of the recommended B&B's/guest houses listed on Trip Advisor we decided on Chrysalis BnB. We couldn't have made a better choice! From our initial contact with Mony, the owner, to the generous, kind and attentive hospitality of husband and wife team, Sapan and Kusum, our stay was relaxing, comfortable and the home immaculately kept. The location of the BnB deserves a special mention. As others have remarked, the BnB is adjacent to one of the leading shopping malls and is close by a metro station (the metro system in Delhi is new and very good). The BnB is located in a quiet street off the main road which is locked after 11pm at night. We stayed in, if I recall, the Emerald room at the back which was peaceful and well equipped with free WiFi, satellite TV and air conditioning. Should we need to return to Delhi we will definitely stay at the Chrysalis again!

Room Tip: Do be sure to try Sapan's cooking which is absolutely fantastic as well as great value for money...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
spain
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Clean, safe and really friendly!!! Good price and the room is very good! The manager is so friendly that they made me feel even better than at home!! And location is perfect. It has a metro stration very close. 5 minutes walking. Very safe for a solo woman. My stay there was great! I recommend this place 100%!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Kristinehamn, Sweden
Reviewed 8 August 2011

BnB Chrysalis is a wonderful and homely place. I felt at home from the second I stepped inside.
Chrysalis is a haven in the buzzling Delhi-life. The location isgreat close to the big malls and to the metro from where you can reach the rest of the city.
I'll definitely return to Chrysalis. Finally I've found a place in Delhi that's worth returning to.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I stayed at BnB Chrysalis for a few days in June 2011.

Mony, Supan and the family are fantastic. I couldn't have felt more welcome. It was my first time traveling alone in India and their hospitality made me feel like I was staying with family.

Located in a residential area just a few blocks from a large mall and about a 10 minute walk from a metro stop, BnB Chrysalis offers an excellent alternative to hotels in the city center. The room was nicely appointed with a private bath, A/C, wireless internet, and cable television.

Supan's cooking is fantastic, especially the butter chicken, and he was happy to share his recipes! I would recommend dinner at Chrysalis at least once during your stay.

I'll be back next time I find myself in Delhi!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Jakarta
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We are really enjoy staying at BnB Chrysalis which is located in south of Delhi
with more green and very close to the largest and modern shopping mall.
The rooms are big, clean with inside bathroom and good internet wi-fi in the room.
The place has a nice and cozy living room and kitchen.
Sopan and Kusum are very humble, helpful and provide everything We need.
Breakfast is good and dinner compliment are very Excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 14 June 2011

In February 2011 we stayed at BnB Chrysalis for two nights and then we returned to stay one more night before we flew home to Sweden. These where our first times but certainly won't be the last as our experience with Mony and his staff was beyond fantastic.

The rooms that we lived in had a pleasant design, it was nice and neat. It came with satelite tv, free WiFi Internet along with a fridge containing everything and anything you would need and not need during your stay. Breakfast and supper was superbly served and it tasted as good as it looked and if you wanted anything else you just had to call them. The food was so delicious so do not skip a "homemade" meal while your staying here.

We took a tour through Delhi and a trip to Agra along with Taj Mahal both of these trips were arranged by BnB Chrysalis. We have nothing but good to say about this, no complaints from us at all and we recommend BnB Chrysalis. If your from Sweden you'll be well met as Mony himself has lived in Sweden.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 June 2011

From the moment I came into contact with Mony and Archana from BnB Chrysalis I knew it was where I wanted to stay when I was in Delhi. And as soon as I arrived at the BnB, I knew I had made the right choice. Staying there was nicer and more comfortable than any hotel I had stayed at over the past 6 months of my travels. It was the perfect combination of feeling like home but still having all the ammenities of a hotel/BnB. The location is also great and very convenient. The only thing I was sad about is that I didn't stay longer! I have already recommended the BnB to other friends that travel to Delhi and will continue to do so. It is perfect for solo travelers as well as couples and families.

Thanks again to the family and I will see you again soon!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo