“Had a lovely stay”
Review of Mala Bindra B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mala Bindra B&B
Ranked #78 of 1,069 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Had a lovely stay”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Me and my friends booked this homestay because it was near to the airport and because of the reviews :) I must say its one of the best. The whole family was very helpful and the food was simply amazing. I will definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jena J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

3 friends and I stayed at Mala's home our final night in India after 3 weeks of traveling in July. Mala's home is about 15 minutes from the airport in a nice neighborhood, so it was a perfect location since we had an early morning flight the next day. Tired from traveling, we just hung out at Mala's that evening and had a lovely time talking and drinking tea with Mala, her husband and her daughter. Such a nice family! We were looking forward to signing up for Mala's dinner feast, but some of us were pretty sick with a stomach bug our last days in India, so we had to pass on that. Yet, Mala could not have been more accommodating... she made us a delicious lentil soup, breads, and the best pineapple upside cake I have ever had. With Mala taking care of us, her guesthouse felt like a home away from home. We are so glad that we found Mala's Guesthouse and are looking forward to the next time we can stay here when we return to Delhi. Thank you, Bindra family!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kylie P
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed with tea and got great shopping and sight seeing advice. The whole family gave us the quiet we needed and company too. From the Bindra' s to the cook to their son to the hot water bottle to their dog, we really enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Delwalla
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the homely atmosphere and excellent hospitality at the Bindra's. My stay was one of the best in New Delhi in all these years as a transit passenger. I enjoyed the delicious meals, wonderful conversations, and most importantly a good night's sleep. The feeling of being not a guest but a member of the family was special. I will always remember the lively discussions I had with the Bindras on food, art, culture and education. I will preserve the memories.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
malabindra, Owner at Mala Bindra B&B, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We feel we are richer for the conversations we had with you and hope you can visit us again.
Doha
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am just back from three nights with the Bindra family. I am thrilled to have discovered this gem. The family are warm and friendly, I shared two delicous dinners with them and the conversations were very interesting - a great way to learn about life in India.

Mala arranged a car to collect me at the airport and take me around Delhi the next day and the driver was a delight.

It was truly delightful to spend time in Delhi with Mala and her family and they could not have been more helpful or hospitable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cathy g
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Spending a few days with Mala and Gurpreet and their welcoming family - including adopted dog Lisa - was in itself a wonderful experience. It is home far from home! And Mala's cooking is amazing! I will never forget the time we spent together at their table, and how open they were to discuss a wide range of topics!!!Me and my two friends felt so taken care of, we got great advices of where to go in Delhi and what to see, and they put us in touch with Jaya - the Delhi tour guide who simply knows everything! - and a wodnerful and very safe driver, Kuldip.
Simply I could not have asked for more. Thank you so much!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Mala and Gurpreet are the most gracious hosts imaginable! I must share with you that meeting this kind family and experiencing their hospitality was a highlight on par with seeing the Taj Mahal. I was warmly welcomed after a long travel day with hot tea, home-baked pastries, and insightful stories, which was followed by a complete (and delicious!) Indian dinner. Everything about the stay was perfect: Mala was extremely accommodating of our family's late-night arrivals and early-morning departures; the WiFi actually worked (unlike some of the brand name hotels); there was hot water and complete quiet at night; and they even washed a load of laundry! Breakfast was among the best of the trip. The only downside to staying with the Bindra family is that you'll require transportation to visit tourist sites or reach the Hauz Khas metro stop, but if you're not concerned about taxi/autorickshaw rides bookending your days in Delhi then I highly recommend staying with the Bindras to make the most of your upcoming vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
malabindra, Owner at Mala Bindra B&B, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Thank you for your very nice review. Hope to have you all stay again.