“Good enough..in between price but it's near Connaught place.”
Review of Rams Inn

and 1 more site!
Rams Inn
Ranked #48 of 1,075 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good enough..in between price but it's near Connaught place.”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Clean. Decent people who run it. But you pay for closeness to connaught place which in my opinion is way over rated. Far better to pay less and stay down by the station area. Very difficult to find. Would recommend owners put some signs up on the main road. Saying that when we went out at night the manager wrote some directions down in local language for us to use if we needed it to come back. But get this before you are due to arrive. Wish we ate in the hotel as very little choice around the area. Decent place though as mid range option.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We were picked up at the airport as foreseen, driver was waiting for us. That was a good start. Hotel room and bathroom were very clean. Wifi worked in the room. Service is excellent, every one is really nice. We stayed 3 nights eventually. We had diner there twice, we saw the kitchen and the fresh vegetables in the fridge. Trustworthy. No need to leave the hotel and try to find a restaurant somewhere. This hotel made our first indian days/nights very positive. Location close to Connaught Place, the travel agencies, the subway. Only negative point : the dead end street where it is located is ugly (not unsafe, just ugly), you would never enter there if you did not have to. The taxidrivers do not easily find it either. Maybe next time we go to the Karol Bagh area where the hotels are a bit better priced, but for a first indian experience this hotel was worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BelgianOnTheRoad
Bagneux, France
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Ram's Inn is a very small hotel, located behind the state emporiums of Baba Kharak Singh Marg. It's really close from Connaught place and the metro (4 minutes walk), and therefore convenient for visits, airport, ... (the airport metro station Shivaji stadium is also nearby). The neighbourhood is not the best, but it's ok. The street to go to Connaught Place is quite dirty. The hotel in itself is perfectly clean, with a nice front garden. My room was very clean, with AC (quite noisy), and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, modern and with its own water-heater for perfect hot showers. Wifi didn't work in the room, but I could go to the reception or to the garden if I wanted to use it. The staff was very helpful and nice. Food was very good. I'll come again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Flo1986
Hochheim am Main, Germany
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The Hotel is only a 10 minutes walk from Connaught Place. I really enjoyed my 4-days-stay at the Rams Inn since the staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean (which is not always easy to find in India).

I would definitely recommend staying at the hotel if you want to stay centrally in Delhi.

The Hotel also helped me to rent a cab with a/c for a full day to a reasonable price and to send out my postcards to my friends and family.

PS If you stay at C.P. try Nizam's Kathi Kabab (H-Five & Six, Plaza Building, | Connaught Place, New Delhi, India) - very tasty indian fastfood! Try the Chicken Tikka Kabab/roll.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I arrived in Delhi in mid feb and I was picked up by Sprint car rentals. The driver was waiting at the airport with a placard with my name on it and a cold bottle of water (definitely a plus). I was then driven to the Rams Inn hotel. The driver was courteous and spoke English very well. The hotel was better than I expected. It was very clean and location turned out to be excellent.
The food was delicious..(yumm....butter chicken) and the servers were very friendly.
I would definitely go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family