“Simply excellent”
Review of The Lodhi

The Lodhi
Ranked #13 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 27 October 2013

One of the best hotels I stayed throughout my business travels in India. The room was simply excellent, large and comfortable. The daybed was refreshing, akin to an urban resort. Service was impeccable from the check in to the check out, the feeling of being in your own private residence rather than hotel and the attention to detail, including your name and the turn down service.
Truly an urban escapade from the busy chaotic India

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bolehlah

Reviewed 7 October 2013

One of the most beautiful and best managed hotels that I have ever stayed in. The attention to detail is breathtaking. The staff are perfect and personable - great if you are in Delhi on holiday or business or with family - either way this elegant modern Indian hotel experience is memorable. Enjoy the total luxury of the huge rooms, and be sure not to miss the steam hamam and massages in the best spa, lovely pool area, and the groovy OTY restaurant - book the central floating platform for a special treat. The cost is worth it. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I've stayed several times, and all the rooms are special - every one has a private pool. With th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LisaKathmandu
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I booked one of their packages on my Birthday, in which I was at one their private treatment rooms, which were huge in size, had a jacuzzi, a bed, and good sized bathrooms.

My package was for 5 hours, so it was like a stay at the hotel. The therapist was highly professional, well trained and extremely hospitable.

Overall, an absolutely amazing experience.

Room Tip: The Lodhi Spa is a must, especially the private treatment rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank RajatSoni
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Firstly let me address the crazy idiots who left the "terrible" reviews - you must be barking mad!!! In fact anyone who hasn't left "excellent" rating should be sent packing to the nut house in my book - this hotel is utterly fantastic - from the superb spa in the foundations right up to the 8th floor suites that are are simply out of this world!

From the moment the porters opened our car doors to the moment we paid the bill and said goodbye, the service was unbelievably good - I work in the tourism trade and I normally find super efficient staff suffocating and annoying but the staff at The Lodhi have been SO well trained that they give off a wonderful warmth as well as being SO diligent - in fact at some points we were slightly disturbed that even though three females of the same age and nationality were sharing one suite they constantly knew which one of us were on the phone or passing through reception by calling us by our names - it was uncanny!

The food was excellent - from good portion size to tasty fresh produce and a great variety of differing cuisines to choose from that left you wanting more and more dishes. We ordered room service a couple of times and the food arrived in a timely and exemplary fashion. The breakfast blew every other hotel out of the water - great mix of fruits, juices and hot breakfasts - the best eggs benedicts I've tasted in a long time!

The spa treatments are the best I have ever experienced - in these beautifully roomy treatment rooms with friendly, exceedingly well trained staff - I could have been there for weeks just continually trying them all out! We even had a tarot reading - which was fantastic fun and well worth it as many of the things have already come true!

The suites are simply breathtaking, each with their own pool - those who are calling them plunge pools are underrating them! Even though you can't do laps its far bigger than a jacuzzi size with great seating areas within and around the pool, perfect for sundowners and for those who do want to do a bit of exercise there is a lap pool on the ground floor. The rooms are elegantly designed and wonderfully comfortable from the beds, pillows and linen to the bath robes, slippers, towels and seating areas. The bathroom is to die for with a fantastic array of smellies and gorgeousness..

What can I say - I would recommend The Lodhi to anyone and everyone! I usually I only see the negatives when I walk into a hotel - but could not find one single thing here - which is HIGHLY unusual! To put my review into perspective after leaving The Lodhi on our last day we thought we would go to The Imperial for lunch and no joke we walked out..there was no comparison!

If your budget allows - go to The Lodhi - you will quite frankly never want to leave..

Room Tip: The family suites with a double and twin rooms are enormous! Like having your own flat in this gorg...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyndsey F
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We treated ourselves to several days at the Lodhi and I have no regrets. The service was evident from the moment i booked when the reception staff were immediately emailing trying to arrange the transfer details on our behalf. Easy communications, clear and fast. The airport transfer is seamless with an excellent driver who makes the journey safe and comfortable. The managers of the hotel make the effort to greet guests and that level of personalisation is evident throughout your stay. Everything about the Hotel was superb, the rooms are very large, the staff are friendly and helpful, the service is discreet and reliable, the food was outstanding every time and it was lovely to have a private pool in the September heat. We booked a airport transfer for our departure from Delhi and were greeted by the Hotel's airport concierge who made checking in and immigration effortless, stress-free and it was a great way to start our long journey. I have been fortunate to stay at some of Australasia's top hotels, this one rates amongst the very best. We stayed in the entry level room, it was amazing.

Room Tip: Our room had a little noise from the nightclub which didn't bother us as we were working. If yo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was only staying at the Lodhi for around 4 hours on a tail end of a business trip however it was the most relaxing and beautiful experience i've ever had at a hotel.

With a swimming pool in your own bedroom suite, to the exceptional food service and attentive staff.. I have to say my stay there was truly special!

If I am heading to Delhi again with business or on a high budget then I would love to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed in the deluxe room during my delhi visit in mid-Feb 2013. The hotel is luxury par excellence with right interiors and ambience. The hotel does meet the expectations for the heavy price one pays. The rooms are large and has a private mini pool attached. Food was average for the hotel of this standard although enjoyed the water front to the restaurant. The view from the rooms is average considering the hotel is in the center of city. The front desk people are cordial, polished and professional.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business