“Fabulous service and staff”
Review of The Lodhi

The Lodhi
Ranked #6 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“Fabulous service and staff”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed there for only one night. But it was a lovely stay.the hotel was very clean n beautifully located.the rooms were superb with all the modern facilities equipped.I want to thank Manan -manager as he was extremely proactive in all his approach and I am sure with his guidance his team will also excel.all the best .

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank span07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've stayed in The Lodhi twice now on business and it is hands down the best hotel I have stayed at in India during my many years of business travel there. The rooms are arguably the largest and most spacious I have ever stayed in during my business travels, I want to say they are roughly 1,000 square feet. They also include a narrow but extremely long balcony and your own private plunge pool. The rooms are very well appointed and decorated and the service at The Lodhi from top to bottom has always been outstanding. They have always been quick to allow use of their library or other areas for ad hoc business meetings and their on site restaurants, while pricey, offer excellent food in a wonderful ambience.

The location is within a quieter section of New Delhi within walking distance of Humayun's Tomb and the Delhi Golf Club. It is a short drive or long walk to India Gate (maybe 2 km?) and roughly 4 km or so from Janpath / Connaught neighborhood.

The Lodhi is a welcome reprieve from what can often be a noisy, traffic congested, chaotic day. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank swizstick
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Don't go past The Lodhi if you're staying in Delhi. Quite simply, it is one of the best 5 star hotels I've stayed in, and far better than any of the other 5 stars in Delhi (many of which are old and tired). Gorgeous suite with private pool, excellent service, great food. Best hotel gym I've ever seen (by a long shot), plus we enjoyed playing tennis, complimentary yoga, going to the spa, and doing an Indian cooking class with the chef. I stayed here for almost two weeks and loved every minute.

The rooms are expensive, but they are all very large suites. I found that the price was comparable to other suites of similar size in Delhi.

Room Tip: The base level rooms are still suites - they're just on the first floor. We stayed in suite 103...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and me spent five days in Delhi during a recent travel to North India. We stayed at the Lodhi Hotel in New Delhi and it was a very pleasant and relaxing experience. The hotel is near some noticeable sightseeing places like Humayun Thomb and Lodi Gardens.
The rooms are huge and very well appointed, with modern furniture and a very pleasant private plunge pool, that is particularly useful in the hot climate of Delhi. The staff of the hotel is extremely helpful in every circumstance. In particular, the manager at the reception was very careful in organizing our tours in Delhi and Agra. As it was our first time in Delhi, somebody of the staff always came with us during our visits and at our departure from the railway station. Prices are a bit high, but they are justified by the professional and attentive service.

Silvio Bellino, Italy

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Silvio B
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Everything about my stay at The Lodhi was exceptional. I had not stayed at the hotel before and did not know what to expect, but having stayed at many of India's finest hotels the past two decades I do have high expectations. I was not disappointed. The hotel's location is in a leafy area which provides excellent access to many notable places. The staff were thoughtful and helpful in every way even though I had a few unexpected demands. I have rarely encountered such consistent and caring service; at the end of our stay my team found it hard to leave. The other excellent reviews are all quite accurate. I particularly enjoyed the cuisine. My girlfriend is a chef and came away quite satisfied, as did I, yet she is known to be hard to please. The athletic facilities, pool and spa were a welcome relief after a long day of work traipsing around Delhi. The city can be challenging, but The Lodhi made it all a most wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David B
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 19 July 2014

i) Impressed with taking care of every minute thing to satisfy its clients.
ii) Enjoyed room with "attached swimming pool"
iii) Closely supervised by owner of the hotel.
iv) Staffs are well trained and their hospitality skill is perfect

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

From the moment I booked my room, the Lodhi was there to help me. They organised two trains in India for me (as you can't book from Australia) and were happy to accommodate in any way they could. The front desk were incredible and made me feel extremely welcome in a city that I found extremely overwhelming (as I was holidaying alone and it was my first time in India). The rooms are impeccable and the lap pools are an amazing touch and fantastic for a private swim after a long day of sight seeing. Their spa is also 5 star and extremely satisfying.

• Stayed June 2014