“Good Indian small hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Home@F37

Home@F37
Ranked #26 of 1,054 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Indian small hotel”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I am from Canada and I had to spend a long stay for work in Delhi, so I chose this small hotel between September and early November. Overall, I think it is a good small hotel with no big pretentions. I chose it based on the reviews which I find over-optimistic. One reason is that many of the visitors tend to be backpackers or Indian customers visiting Delhi. The latter is very important so adjust your expectations. Yes, it is close to the metro station. But the neighbourhood is a dusty noisy street. Yes, the common areas are OK, but there is nothing to be particularly praised as some other reviewers seem to think. Yes, they have cable and internet and A/C. But the Wi-Fi exists but it is not always reliable. The A/C does not seem to work at its best and I tried different rooms. I am convinced that the regular blackouts in Delhi must destroy the best equipment, and a small hotel cannot afford replacing these units. Yes, the place is kept clean. However, maintenance is not a common habit in many developing countries and this applies here. Some of the rooms could be refreshed: fresh paint or new mattresses. The views from the windows are pretty depressing because you see the filth of the surrounding buildings and the mess left by the pigeons who have taken over Delhi with feathers and excrement. Yes, the staff is sure friendly and smiley. But I just wished they spoke better English to get all those important details very clearly such as when you are arriving or leaving or preparing the right invoice. Yes, breakfast is included, but only after 7am and it is the most basic breakfast you can imagine. Some fruit (apple, banana, papaya or watermelon), one type of canned juice, brown or white sliced bread. No cheese, no peanut butter. I saw slices of fruit cake and fries (yes, French fries) next to cornflakes and milk. This is an odd mix that reflects the lack of understanding about foreigners. There was no fresh juice, even if you wanted to pay extra. In short, read the reviews with a grain of salt to avoid disappointment and misunderstandings.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room. The views are pretty bad so there is really no good room. Choose 1st floor to...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dolphinOttawa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2012

A friend had recommended Home @F37 and we took up on his word and stayed here for 10 days. We chose this place over hotels because of its quality 'home-like' living and we got more than we bargained for in every manner. First of all it is a very easy place to find, very well located near Kailash Colony Metro Station and close to GK1 Market and Nehru Place (to catch movies at Satyam). Secondly, the sight of the building was a great first impression with its yellow coloured walls. The staff are often found waiting at the gate for guests to arrive so they can help with the luggage immediately. The lobby is beautifully and simply done. Thirdly, the rooms were big and modern with every detail looked into and can rival any big hotel. The hotel also provides many services like cab hire, gym, etc. Our stay here was very comfortable and quiet as we wanted and the staff made it even more special with their easy smiles and helpful nature. We have decided to definitely stay here every time we come to Delhi. Hopefully there will be a room for us! Thank you for making our trip special.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 10 nights in my business trip. The room is clean and tidy. I like the way they have a ceiling fan in the bathroom... The food is good. The staff is nice and very helpful. This is a nice and safe enough place to stay in Delhi.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gillian P
delhi
Reviewed 4 September 2012

i stayed in this hotel for 4 nights,and i enjoyed my stay,
It is a good place to stay in Delhi. The internal ambience gives a feeling of your home. The rooms are clean and tidy and the service offered are also good. The food quality is also good.The staff is very nice and cooperative

Room Tip: rooms on the ground floor are very good
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mridul K
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I checked into this hotel for 4 nights, starting the 25th of August 2012. I was on a work related trip to new Delhi and booked this hotel because of the positive reviews on this site. I had to go to Ludhiana for a day and I did not want to carry my big suitcase all the way so I requested the management to keep it for a day. They did. When I got my bag back the next day, things had been moved around in it however I did not pay much attention to it. It was only later that I realised that my iPhone was missing. When I spoke to the manager of the hotel, he said they are not responsible for the safety of my things nor are they responsible for the conduct of their staff. I am terribly disappointed by the unhelpful behaviour of the manager and the way they shrug all responsibility. I had a flight to catch the same day so I couldn't do a police complaint. I guess it's my fault for trusting these people as honesty and professionalism is too much to ask from them.
Apart from this, the mattresses are hard as rocks, there are big red ants all over the place, the ac is so noisy, you can't sleep with it on. There are no windows in the room, it's like living in a dungeon.
My experience here was awful, I will not recommend this hotel to anyone and will tell my company to not book this hotel for any future trips. Yuck

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank PriyankaTe
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Very good place to stay in New Delhi. Be it on regular business trip, family vacation or a stop-over to travel to another city, Home @F37 offers great value for your money. The rooms are quite spacious, clean and well organized. If you are bored of regular hotels and craving for home like experience, this is the place to be in.
The only shortcoming of this place is you dont get many varieties for Breakfast, and dinner (thats why I call it home away from home). I havent tried lunch ever.

Keep up the good work F37....

Room Tip: Go with the receptionists, they are warm to accept your requests
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank vvphanindra
Pune, India
Reviewed 22 May 2012

It is a good place to stay in Delhi. The internal ambience gives a feeling of your home. The rooms are clean and tidy and the service offered are also good. The food quality is also good. The only thing lacking is service time in their restaurant.

Room Tip: This hotel is most suited for business travellers.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple