“Would not stay again even if you paid me” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Anand

Hotel Anand
Ranked #386 of 701 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore, Singapore
“Would not stay again even if you paid me”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

This hotel gave us a really cramped room which was rather grimy. We were only staying one night so we decided to stay put and just check out at first light. There is no complimentary water (Rs 25 per bottle), unreliable hot water for showers, dirty linen (bringing your own towel to India will be one of the best things you can do).

The plus side is... well there are no bedbugs, free wifi.

Staff doesn't seem honest, when checking out, we were overcharged on our room service food by Rs 100 and had aother random charge of Rs 30 which they couldn't explain. When queried, they unhappily reversed the charges.

By 6am, there was the incessant honking on the road, which was so loud. I'm a very heavy sleeper so if it wakes me, it's no joke for light sleepers.

When I wiped the toilet seat, brown stuff came off, I don't want to know it could be, but there is no way I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Hot water shower
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Karuna T, Director of Sales at Hotel Anand, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying in Hotel Anand!!!
Actually we have changed management of our hotel so that you could get better service now onwards.

Thanks
Kripa Trivedi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

Well located in quiter part of Karol bagh within easy walk of metro.
Clean comfortable room
good room service, good breakfast included in price.
friendly helpful manager
Very good value for delhi
downsides:
hot water didn't always work
taxi and auto drivers don't seem to know it - Jessa Ram hospital is a convenient nearby landmark

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank caroline.nixon
Udaipur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

I had been regularly staying in this hotel for nearly two years. I was not complaining about it but never liked it either.

But my recent experience had been very bad. I reached hotel at 6AM in the morning on 17 Aug 2010 and straight went to sleep as I was really tired. I had also informed that I would checking out at 1AM that night ( 18th Aug 2010).

I also asked for a car to be dropped at international airport arrival. When I was checking out, they charged me for two days ( I stayed hardly 19 hours). When confronted, they gave charged me for 1 and half day! The charged me for a AC car but provided with a car whose AC did not work! And a driver who was drunken at the time and half naked! After few yards, at a police checking, he was caught for not having driving license! I do not know how he managed, but after some time he started towards airport. At the airport he dropped me at Departure floor! And he never listened to me to drop at arrival!

I called up the hotel from airport, they were not very co-operative. So I have decided never to stay that hotel again.

If they treat a regular guest that way, one can imagine how they may be treating their new guests!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

HYD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

Best place to stay if one is going to New Delhi. Nice ambience and hospitality and food. One can go for shopping as it is near to Karol bagh.
Rooms are well furnished with good room services.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank advisor_1hyd
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

The Ananda became our base while we were traveling around India.

Upon arrival I have to admit I was disappointed, but with everything in India first glances can be deceiving.

When our driver pulled up we thought he was asking someone for directions, but alas there was our hotel among the various car part shops on the dusty road. When we entered it smelled heavily of polish, but then we were escorted to our room, which was luxurious when considering the surrounds.

It was clean, had functioning AC - a total necessity in India, and free internet that was relatively fast. For approximately $40US / night, it was very inexpensive. We were taking a trip around the world, so budgeting was very important to us.

The staff was reasonably helpful and also was able to exchange money for us at a fair rate.

Looking out the window I truly felt like this was India. We had a small, but colorful Hindu temple in front of the hotel and there was a fair amount of street noise, which added to the ambiance.

The hotel food was quite good and the included room service breakfast was very generous in portion and options.

The Karol Bagh neighborhood is bustling and it's easy to walk to pick up bottles of water or other snacks. There is a very nice grocery in the area (turn down the side road to the right of the hotel and walk towards the 'monkey temple'). It was nice to see what local prices were and pick up some interesting foods.

On our last stay they told us someone would be picking us up at the airport and unfortunately we had to wait for over an hour. Evidently the man picking us up went to the domestic airport, while we were waiting at the international airport. Make sure you re-confirm!

All in all I think this hotel sums up India very well... lots of colorful characters, a bit of disfunction, great food, and overall an interesting experience.

The hotel also offers tours to the Taj Mahal for only 12€. We already had plans with a guide, so we did not go through the hotel, but they do have tour options as well.

If you want luxury I'd go elsewhere, but if you simply want a safe place with good food, free internet, and air conditioning this is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Paxos, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

We arrived at this hotel at 5am after a long flight from Athens. Our room on arrival was the worst room I have ever slept in in 40yrs! It was damp, dirty sheets & water was running out of the walls. In fairness to the management they did give us a better room in the morning once we'd tried to get some sleep. Staff were very friendly & did their best.

Location as with most hotels we saw in Delhi was an experience, there were one or two car repair places outside & early morning ranting & raving was the norm.

I probably wouldn't stay here again if we went to Delhi, but they did try their best. I just hope for your sake that you dont get the first same room as we did on arrival.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Cochin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

one of the travel agent booked this hotel promising me of the best service and best value for money. But after checking in the hotel i was shocked 2 find the rooms are very congested (hardly u get some place 2 walk around your bed).Restaurant was so small that u have 2 go in batches 2 have ur meal wen u r in a bigger group. Compared to the facilities n other hotels this hotel is charging exorbitant rates. My sincere advice is 2 stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)