“good hotel”
Review of Hotel Anand

Hotel Anand
Ranked #404 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 6 December 2012

a friend of me recommend this hotel and it was really right option in Delhi.
Location is perfect as karol bagh market is so near as well metro station by walk. Not so much hassle.
People of this hotel is nice, but the people the boys always waiting for tip... .
the room are beautiful and clean.
Its quite and clean to have last night in Delhi.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I mostly stay delhi for one night to travel other part of India as Delhi is Center part. The area for staying relax for short time its good to stay in karol bagh as it is more relaxed then main bazar. This hotel have good room with great price compare to others. They always help me to pick-up and drop off to airport. This hotel is good for Indian tourist mostly. You need to bargain sometime.
all in all I like this hotel for short time.

Room Tip: ask for big room with balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Having read positive reviews on tripadvisor we decided to stay here before traveling around north India. I really can understand why this hotel has been rated so highly on this site. It was one of the worst hotels we stayed at over three weeks. The staff were grumpy, slow and not very helpful. The room was a reasonable size but basic and not particularly clean. The bathroom was grim and the shower cold. The roof top restaurant was a converted flat roof with a staff member p*ssing in the corner.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I can't believe those reviews as I stayed here in August...nice helpful people, centrally located in Karol Bagh & also near to the Metro; I had a huge shower room & the room was very clean with crisp, clean white sheets & towels......a flat screen TV with English also.
I couldn't get Wifi in the room so I had to sit in the lobby where there was also a PC for guests to use. The room service was sometimes slow but overall I had avery nice stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lalitarr
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This is not a good hotel - dirty bedlinen, broken furniture, no hotwater, A/C dropping water onto the bed, exhaust fan flying off the wall when turned on, shower curtain ripped to shreds, wet smelly rag on the bathroom floor and so on...

The area around the hotel is some car trading area, not really nice and quiet,

This hotel impressed me most with their inability to boil an egg in 45 minutes, this must be a record. We ordered boiled eggs for breakfast, and waiter came 20 min later with an omelette. We asked for boiled egg again, made sure with receptionist that he understood, and he came back 10 min later with an omelette. We asked yet again - another waiter brought an omelette!!! And I just wanted to see what eggs in India look like - some of them have completely white yolk :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Hotel looks much better in photos than in reality... The bed cloth in our room had light brown colour and looked like was not washed properly for years. Air conditioner was dropping water directly onto my pillow - I could not sleep! To get hot water, we had to call reception and wait for a long time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2011

This hotel gave us a really cramped room which was rather grimy. We were only staying one night so we decided to stay put and just check out at first light. There is no complimentary water (Rs 25 per bottle), unreliable hot water for showers, dirty linen (bringing your own towel to India will be one of the best things you can do).

The plus side is... well there are no bedbugs, free wifi.

Staff doesn't seem honest, when checking out, we were overcharged on our room service food by Rs 100 and had aother random charge of Rs 30 which they couldn't explain. When queried, they unhappily reversed the charges.

By 6am, there was the incessant honking on the road, which was so loud. I'm a very heavy sleeper so if it wakes me, it's no joke for light sleepers.

When I wiped the toilet seat, brown stuff came off, I don't want to know it could be, but there is no way I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Hot water shower
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Karuna T, Director of Sales at Hotel Anand, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying in Hotel Anand!!!
Actually we have changed management of our hotel so that you could get better service now onwards.

Thanks