“Administrator cheating guests”

Rezina
“Administrator cheating guests”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were a group of 7 people, booked the hotel through booking website
We had minor troubles like crazy noise in early morning from a guy polishing the marble stairs and cold water in shower. But the most unpleasant was the experience of checking out.
Administrator firstly tried to charge 3000 rupees more, didnt give me any receipt. I opened booking website, showed him the real sum, after he said sorry and asked me for a different sum, still 900 rupees more than it was written on website. Explained that it is kind of 5% VAT, but all the taxes were written already on website and we payed them. I didnt want to argue with him and payed more. One more time I mention that he didnt give me any receipt, which he is obliged to do by law. After handing him the sum, he counted and said that there is 500 rupees missing. I was not surprised. It is again a method of cheating. If the tourist is not attentive - they will always try to take your money somehow. I took the money back and counted twice. It was all correct.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 Thank kegfire
sales_aurahotel, General Manager at Hotel Aura, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the opportunity you provided to serve you.
We are shocked to see your comments if it happens really.We regret to inform you that we could not found your name in our guest list. We request you to please provide us your arrival date,departure date, departure time, room booked through which sites etc so we can investigate the matter and can take serious action. Please send a mail to info@auranewdelhi.com and reservationhotelaura@gmail.com and also to tripadvisor.

If we do not receive any mail from you means THIS is a FAKE Review and written by our Competitor who is trying to defame Hotel Aura, time to time and we report to tripadvisor and they remove reviews from their site.

Hoping your quick action
Hotel Aura Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Dubai
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in family room which was superb. New condition and comfy beds. The shower was the only let down in the room as it did not have any pressure and the hotel boiler broke the night before we left and we couldn't get any hot water in the morning.

The staff are great on the front desk and at the restaurant. They helped us out with getting around Delhi and they have a great travel agent "Rafeek" at the lobby area.

Overall stay was very good and we felt safe whilst staying in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the opportunity you provided to serve you.
Thank you so much for your feedback at tripadvisor.com.
We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel, service, cleanness,food etc. and you enjoyed staying at Hotel Aura.

Hoping to serve you soon in your next visit to Delhi.

Hotel Aura Management Team.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had read some scary reviews about this place, but decided the price and location was too good not to try anyway. I was so pleasantly surprised! Clean and classy, with very helpful staff, constant strong, free wifi, and delicious room service at a reasonable price. They even emailed me a few days before my arrival to be sure I knew what pre-paid taxi service was most reliable and reasonable from the airport.
I booked a standard room, but they seemed to be overbooked, so they put me in the next level room up, no extra charge. It was the most comfortable sleep I'd had in ages. they also were ace about arranging transport for me; they did offer a touristy travel package, but I didn't require it, and they were not overly pushy about it.
Overall, great experience, and for the money, a delightful surprise!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Wendy M
sales_aurahotel, General Manager at Hotel Aura, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comments on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Aura.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us and it was " Pleasant surprise".

You have seen some scary reviews posted in our property,we would like to inform you that those reviews are posted by our well wisher "Competitor".

Hoping to serve you soon in your next visit to Delhi.

with regards,
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 28 December 2013

For the price, this hotel is a great deal. Well located, rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly. Anuj and his colleagues on the front desk are particularly helpful. I had two nights here and really enjoyed my stay - a welcome oasis from the madness outside. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark R
sales_aurahotel, General Manager at Hotel Aura, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for opportunity you provided to serve you.
Thank you so much for your feedback at tripadvisor.com
Your feedback helps us to improve.
We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel,room,service and found Great Hotel in Delhi.

With regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is situated in the heart of Delhi and has been very convenient for me to travel. I stayed in Aura on my business trip to Delhi and left very satisfied with service provided by the Hotel staff. The affordable accommodation price with exceptionally great service make this hotel now one of my favorite in Delhi. I loved the Hotel decor and food was great too. I will highly recommend this hotel as one of the best in Delhi. I would like to thank the reception and the restaurant staff for their welcoming service and all the help.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for opportunity you provided to serve you.
Thank you so much for your feedback at tripadvisor.
Your feedback helps us to improve. We are delighted to know that you liked our hotel location,food service etc.

Hotel Aura
Management Team
Somerset, UK
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Recently spent 3 nights at this hotel on a 2 week trip around India. I found all of the reception and staff to be friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The restaurant on the upper floor serves good, well priced food, and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The rooms were a decent size, secure, clean, and well furnished. There is a travel desk next to reception, staffed by helpful people who can arrange taxis and trips out and about, we went to Agra for the day, for example. Sleep quality was ok, noise is hard to avoid in Delhi, there's the incessant sound of car horns, but that's just Delhi traffic, nothing to do with the hotel itself. In short I would recommend to a fellow traveller that they stay at the Aura, if I ever returned to Delhi, it's where I would head without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ForceTranquille
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for opportunity you provided to serve you.
Thank you so much for your feedback at tripadvisor.com. Your feedback helps us to improve.
We are delighted to know that your liked our hotel, service, food everything.

Indore, India
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hotel location is perfect near New Delhi Station where our train Malwa came.just couple of minutes walk from station.road is very crowded and there are hundreds of other hotel situated.We found aura very good hotel and we can not find better option at this price Rs.2200.rooms are clean.service is good,food at restaurant is fresh,tasty but bit expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends