“Nice hotel”

Cottage Ganga Inn
Ranked #82 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean with friendly and helpful staff. It is also easy to access to metro stations and walking distance to railway station. Overall its a great hotel to stayover. Highly recommend with reseasonal price. Appreciated & loved the stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
cottage2007, Manager at Cottage Ganga Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Respected . madam . thanks for your excellent feedback . thanks you very much for like our hospitality. Thanks for giving your for valuable time for us. best regards
cottagegangainn manager and staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed in enough and budget accommodations in Asia to have realistic expectations. Ganga Cottage Inn disappointed me greatly nonetheless.

First, I confirmed on email that the rate would be R1200 inclusive of all taxes. When I arrived, they wanted R1230. I said this: wasn't the rate, but the guy shrugs and says he doesn't know. I wasn't going to fuss over R30 so whatever. I just wanted to shower from flight.

The hot water in my room didn't work. I don't mean it wasn't hot...I mean there was no water. After the staff fumbled around with various valves, I still had no water so they switched me to another room.

After I showered, I noticed that the sheets were soiled. What the heck? I went down to the desk and complained. They insisted that the sheets were clean. I had to drag a service staff back to my room to show him. He changed the sheets.

Because I had booked a noncancellable room, I had to return here at the end of my India trip. I was a bit wary, but the room seemed ok. When I went to shower, there was no soap. (Btw, their shampoo packets are impossible to open, so bring your own). They brought some up.

The toilet seat was cracked, but worse, it doesn't flush. You have to use the outside bucket and dump it in the toilet bowl to get it to work. Ok, this was getting ridiculous.

This particular room also kept getting a whiff of sewage through the night, which to say the least was unpleasant.

Budget hotels are budget hotels, but I think travelers should still have minimum expectations met. So if you are looking for any of the following 1) hotels that honor their rate to the exact amount, 2) showers that work, 3) unspoiled bed sheets, or 4) toilets that you can actually use....look for a different place.

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank JNelsonRedSoxFan
cottage2007, Manager at Cottage Ganga Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Respected sir. Thanks you for your valuable feedback. but we are apologize for your bad experience in recent stay in cottgaegangainn. As we have never before had such complaints or problems in the hotel, because we try our best giving satisfactory to our guest. sir you initially mention in your reviews about that price we charge rs.30 more . but sir you mail us directly but you book your room in agoda.com . you know sir. if you book your room through online you have to pay little more. if you tell us you are already discuss about your price by mail we defiantly not over charge rs.30 extra. we are very sorry for misunderstanding. but sir we are very sorry for hot water not coming in the bath tap . but after receive your complain we suddenly change your room and and bed sheet too. sir we are apologize for all inconvenience. please sir give us one more chance to providing you excellent service to you . warmly welcome to cottagegangainn.best regards
CottagegangaInn. Manager and staff
Pune, India
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It is a pleasant hotel , with a calm and slient location (which is hard to find in paharganj ).
I had to stay in delhi for 8 days and after reading many reviews chose this one. Just called once to tell them about my stay and ask general question about the place.
The hotel is in walking distance from nearest metro (Ramakrishna ashram Marg) and the way has lot of restaurants to fill your appetite.
#Hotel Location - Need a little to wander but it has its pros.
Just go straight from metro station for 5 mins (walk or you can get rickshaw)
be on lookout for Sam's Bar get down there and you will see a small lane in right go through it and you see hotel's board in right. The path is little dirty but the hotel is top notch.

#Facilities- You get 24/7 Hot water, A tv with cable connection, a small refrigerator and wifi covering the whole building.
>Out of Package -
1. you can order food whenever you want,there is a kitchen on roof of the building there's a huge menu to order from, but the price of food is higher than most restaurants.

2. laundry - just call the room service and give your clothes.

#Cleanliness

My room were clean , bedsheet were good bathroom were tidy. Just the hot water didnt worked on the sink.

#Staff were very friendly!
The manager Saroj, the kitchen team, room service, everyone was very helpful and friendly.

#Cons-
Wifi was a big issue it had more downtime then the lift.
Lock of Doors ! THE LOCKS ! they never open in one go and sometime jams!
But these were just small issues which were solved with the help of the staff.

I would seriously recommend this hotel for everyone on a budget, it is a simple hotel nothing fancy but does its purpose.

#tips for hotel - Throw down that mtnl line !
mark hot water taps with some sticker ir something.
fix the locks.

Whenever I go back to delhi I know where to stay !

Room Tip: Take room on top floor, you can enjoy the night siting under the stars.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank VishalPatra
Respected sir. Thanks for your excellent feedback in Tripadviser. and thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your visiting new delhi. thanks for like our whole staff and our services we apologize for some inconvenience , when you coming back to our hotel for next time we defiantly give fully satisfactory . sir warmly we come to cottagegangainn. best regards
cottagegangainn. manager and whole team
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

New Delhi is a hard place to find rooms at a price that is suitable for the price. 5 and four star rooms are usually quite good and you get what you pay for, but can be costly for budget travellers. I have been coming to India for years and often stay in Pahar Ganj where there are many hotels for budget travellers. I like it, a bit of the chaos of India, restaurants open late, newspaper vendors, barbers to go to for a shave, practical items to buy, incense,chemists etc. It is a close walk to the New Delhi Railway Station and Ramakrishna Mandir Marg Metro. The draw back is that many of the rooms there are dirty, fairly small and possibly noisy. Cottage Ganga Inn is quite clean with good sized A/C rooms, WiFi in the rooms that work, hot water that works and a friendly staff. It is located just off the main bazaar and can be bit difficult to find. When you are coming from the direction of the train station you will come to Vivek (one of the original budget hotels in the area) and Sam's Bar and Restaurant on the right side. Do not pass them or you will have gone too far. Turn right at the lane just on the corner of the Vivek and than make the first left on another small lane.This is just a short walk from the first right turn. There is a sign saying the name of the hotel. The lane goes into a small courtyard where cars and motorcycles are parked and voila, there is the hotel. A quiet spot and a quiet hotel just beside a bustling noisy bazaar area. There is no restaurant, but there is a menu and food can be ordered in. My only complaint was that my name was not on record. I told Saroj (one of the managers, as he was the one I had made the reservation with) about it and he very genuinely apologized. I had the feeling that is rare and doesn't happen often. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top on the roof which I liked.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Arunk45
Respected sir. Thanks you very much for your excellent feedback in Tripadviser. we are very to have you in our hotel . we are delighted to read your such a long reviews . you can find in our hotel like quite clean with good sized A/C rooms, WiFi in the rooms that work, hot water that works and a friendly staff. Thank sir for written your direction to find our hotel for other traveler. i am apologize for my mistake . i heartlessly thank you for giving your valuable time for us to write a excellent reviews . Best Regards
CottageGangainn. Manager MR. Saroj and whole STaff
Bristol, Vermont
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I pass through Delhi often (four times this year) and always stay at this comfortable and convenient hotel. Walkable from both train and metro with great mattress and quiet location. Clean,good WIFI and 24/7 hot water. Even better is the very friendly and helpful staff. Nothing not to like.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john d
Respected sir/ madam . Thanks for valuable feedback in tripadviser. It is a pleasure to read your fantastic comments about our staff services, , hot water wifi and comfortable stay . Thanks sir always welcome to cottgaegangainn. and share your excellent experiences. Thanks and Best Regards
CottageGangaInn Hole management Team
Gwalior, India
Reviewed 9 May 2014

i had been visiting this hotel since last 9 yrs with family n frnds , one of the excellent hotel with nice clean rooms , location is good , services r appreciating , good co-operative well behaved staff members ,,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Respected sir. we are pleased to see your feedback in Trip adviser. Thank you very much for staying with in our hotel again and believe our serve vices and also like our staff behave . sir you and your family friend always warmly welcome to our hotel when ever come to delhi. Thanks sir giving your valuable time for us to share your 9 years experience in our hotel. Thanks again, Best Regards
Cottagegangainn.
Mr. Saroj
BELDA
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for many years now, and have always had a wonderful experience, it is clean, quiet and comfortable.The hotel location in a New Delhi train Station of main bazaar.Service is very nice, the staff is very helpful and friendly.this hotel WIFI is very nice. Everything is very very Excellent.

Room Tip: ''Rooms on the south side are quieter''
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
cottage2007, Manager at Cottage Ganga Inn, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear guest, Thanks for second time wonderful feedback in tripadviser. we are please to see your excellent reviews . so most welcome to cottagegangainn. when ever your stop over new delhi. thanks for valuable time . best regards
Cottgaegangainn. Manager Mr. saroj