“Perfact for main bazaar ”
Review of Cottage Ganga Inn

Cottage Ganga Inn
Ranked #80 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“Perfact for main bazaar ”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome staff. Extremely helpful bunch of guys. I stayed here for two days. Room was tidy, toilet was clean. It's is situated just of the main bazaar, just a short walk to the metro station. They can also organise bus tickets, tours and other transport for their guest. Mostly their rates are great! I recommend them for any type of travellers looking to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the main bazaar!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Rajen P
cottage2007, Manager at Cottage Ganga Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Respected sir/ madam . thanks for your excellent feedback in tripadviser. it is really happy to see your feedback. always warmly welcome to our hotel. give us one more chance to give you best service in paharganj new delhi.. thanks best regards
cottagegangainn. staff and manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've stayed in India for 2 and a half months while doing business in India and every time I was in Delhi, I stayed at Cottage Ganga Inn. I only have good things to say about the place. The location is very convenient, very close to train station, metro and shops, but a block away from Main Bazaar so you can actually sleep at night. Staff is the most helpful I've ever seen in India, rooms are clean and comfortable, food from restaurant is excellent. This is by far the best hotel in Delhi in this price range.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Carol_Romagnolli
cottage2007, Manager at Cottage Ganga Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Respected madam . Thank you for choosing to stay in Cottagegangainn New Delhi. We are glad to read your compliments on the overall hotel location.our room and staff. Thank you very much for
giving your valuable time for us to write a excellent reviews in tripadviser. madam you can find your home away from home. always warmly welcome to cottagegangainn.
Best Regards
manager Mr. Saroj
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

a great place to stay in Delhi. Safe, clean, and an incredibly friendly staff that will help you with whatever you need.
It's in the Paharganj aerea, close to Main Bazaar but you won't hear any noise.
Reccomended

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Der G
Puri, India
Reviewed 29 May 2014

i got this hotel through trip advisor..thanks to the great website for helping me to find an excellent hotel in delhi.location is fantastic,as it is situated in the main bazar of paharganj (just backside of khanna cinema),which is an added advantage that you can take a breath from the noise pollution.rk ashram metro station is just nearby, a walkable distance from the hotel.though im belongs to odisha,got to know that most of the staffs are from our region.it feels like home for me n my family.size of room is excellent with mini bar and well decorated.all the staffs are well hehaved n co-operative.food is awesome,u can get continental n american food also with a good price as compared to the roadside cafe.the best rated hotel in its class....

Room Tip: the best rated hotel in its class...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Respected sir/ madam . Thank you very much for choosing us . thanks tripadviser too. we are very happy to hear you that you can find our hotel is best in delhi. thanks most wel come to cottagegangainn. new delhi. best regards
manager Mr. Saroj
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Staff amazing, very helpfull!
We plan to stay for one night, and at the end we stay for more 2 nights!
Breakfast was ok at the hotel, but I suggest to try another coffee shops at "main bazaar".
Main bazaar is very good to buy cloths and Its not dangerous!
The hotel has the perfect location, because Its 5 min walk to metro station,1 min to main bazaar and it is in a silence place, because it is located in one dead end street!
We arrived in delhi at 9 am, so we decided to get train and metro! It was easy! Get the airport express line, go until the last station (new delhi), take yellow line and then the blue line! The closer station is RK Ashram Marg.
Turn right in Main bazaar, and keep going! You are going to pass on your left the street that has the Imperial cinema, but you keep going at main bazaar.
When you pass "sam's café" you turn you next left! (The street just pass tuk tuks and people). And than, you first left you are going to find the hotel in front a beautiful tree!

• Stayed May 2014
Respected sir/ madam . Thanks for your feedback in tripadviser. allways warmly welcome to cottagegangainn. best reagrds
manager and staff
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean with friendly and helpful staff. It is also easy to access to metro stations and walking distance to railway station. Overall its a great hotel to stayover. Highly recommend with reseasonal price. Appreciated & loved the stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
cottage2007, Manager at Cottage Ganga Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Respected . madam . thanks for your excellent feedback . thanks you very much for like our hospitality. Thanks for giving your for valuable time for us. best regards
cottagegangainn manager and staff
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed in enough and budget accommodations in Asia to have realistic expectations. Ganga Cottage Inn disappointed me greatly nonetheless.

First, I confirmed on email that the rate would be R1200 inclusive of all taxes. When I arrived, they wanted R1230. I said this: wasn't the rate, but the guy shrugs and says he doesn't know. I wasn't going to fuss over R30 so whatever. I just wanted to shower from flight.

The hot water in my room didn't work. I don't mean it wasn't hot...I mean there was no water. After the staff fumbled around with various valves, I still had no water so they switched me to another room.

After I showered, I noticed that the sheets were soiled. What the heck? I went down to the desk and complained. They insisted that the sheets were clean. I had to drag a service staff back to my room to show him. He changed the sheets.

Because I had booked a noncancellable room, I had to return here at the end of my India trip. I was a bit wary, but the room seemed ok. When I went to shower, there was no soap. (Btw, their shampoo packets are impossible to open, so bring your own). They brought some up.

The toilet seat was cracked, but worse, it doesn't flush. You have to use the outside bucket and dump it in the toilet bowl to get it to work. Ok, this was getting ridiculous.

This particular room also kept getting a whiff of sewage through the night, which to say the least was unpleasant.

Budget hotels are budget hotels, but I think travelers should still have minimum expectations met. So if you are looking for any of the following 1) hotels that honor their rate to the exact amount, 2) showers that work, 3) unspoiled bed sheets, or 4) toilets that you can actually use....look for a different place.

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank JNelsonRedSoxFan
cottage2007, Manager at Cottage Ganga Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Respected sir. Thanks you for your valuable feedback. but we are apologize for your bad experience in recent stay in cottgaegangainn. As we have never before had such complaints or problems in the hotel, because we try our best giving satisfactory to our guest. sir you initially mention in your reviews about that price we charge rs.30 more . but sir you mail us directly but you book your room in agoda.com . you know sir. if you book your room through online you have to pay little more. if you tell us you are already discuss about your price by mail we defiantly not over charge rs.30 extra. we are very sorry for misunderstanding. but sir we are very sorry for hot water not coming in the bath tap . but after receive your complain we suddenly change your room and and bed sheet too. sir we are apologize for all inconvenience. please sir give us one more chance to providing you excellent service to you . warmly welcome to cottagegangainn.best regards
CottagegangaInn. Manager and staff