“Good looking restaurant, great tasting food”
Review of Italia

Italia
Ranked #3,055 of 12,989 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vasant Kunj/Vasant Vihar
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I ate at Italia in the first week of Nov. ' 13.

The restaurant is quite cheerful and has loads of natural light. The atmosphere is quite nice.

The food is even better. we had the bruschetta which was top rate. The chicken pizza was delightful. The chicken pasta was a little too liquid for my taste but was overall good.

We would love to eat here again and sample some more dishes.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The moment we reached the entrance of the restaurant, we were welcomed by a smiling face who also escorted us to our table.I had really enjoyed having dinner at Italia restaurant with my family. The family also enjoyed the food equally as the ambiance was good and the food outstanding. Whatever we ordered was beyond our expectations and if in one word if I have to conclude it will SUPERB. The food is delicious and the service is great. The personal attention is given by all the staff members Pankaj and his manager Mr.Praveen as well, that makes you feel important & made us day..

1  Thank Himanshu234
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stumbled into this restaurant. We actually meant to go to "the big chill" but there was a long waiting period for that so we finally gave up and went in. The restaurant was not as packed (compared to the the lines the big chill and Nandos right next to it). So we very hesitantly went in. We thought we'll order starters and if we dont like it, we will move :)
We ordered some drinks, a bruschetta and the chicken skewers with lemon, parsley and capers. Both tasted delicious. The bruschetta is has a nice flavour to the vegetables. We then ordered a veggie pizza with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and onions, a penne arrabiata and a chicken breast with green pepper balsamic reduction. Everything was delicious. Absolutely loved the food.
The service was good. The ambience was very good too. The music was very soft (a big relief when you don't have to scream across the table). All in all I would say a good place to go eat.
It cost us about 3500 for 5 adults with drinks (mostly non-alcoholic), appetisers and the main course.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was the most terrible eating experience in recent times. It was my husband's birthday and we decided to host a lunch there for some friends. We were 13 including 4 children. We decided to order a la Carte so that would both vegetarians and non vegetarians can order their choice. To start with, the service was patchy though there was no other customer when we arrived there at appointed hour of 12 noon. The food was terrible, small in portions, took long in coming and we had to continuously try to get someone's attention. Something simple like char grilled vegetables were also tasteless and over done. I'd booked one day in advance and told them clearly that it was a birthday celebration and a cake would be needed. However, when at the end of terrible meal, I asked for the cake to be brought, the person assigned to serve us disappeared for 15 minutes. When finally I asked the supervisor why it was taking so long, I was told that there was no cake as the person who had taken the advance booking was off duty that day and they had no order for cake! This was really the limit. One of our friends saved the day by going down to Choco la and getting a cake. Some of our guests wanted to have Green tea which again took 25 minutes to arrive and needed 4 reminders. The worst was yet to come. We were presented a staggering bill which seemed totally unjustified. However, since we didn't want to make a scene in front of our guests, we paid quietly and came home. On reaching home, we discovered to our dismay and outrage that we had been charged 3,500 for Gin which we had not ordered as we are teetotallers, so none of our guests also ordered any alcohol. When I called them the next morning about this, the person at the other end said the mistake could've happened because the restaurant was very busy! These kind of mistakes are totally unacceptable from an eatery like iTalia which belongs to the prominent chain of The Park Hotels and only made us feel fully cheated.
Overall, I found the reviews on trip advisor totally misleading. The cost mentioned by one of the reviewer for 5 course meal is 599 which is indeed laughable. It is not enough even for a single starter. The prices are five star and one is ok with that provided food, service and attitude is worth it. In one word, our experience at iTalia was absolutely 'Appalling'.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

had an amazing 5 course meal today for 599 all inclusive, very very impressed with the quality at those prices! super pizzas. thin and not too much cheese. perfect salad bar, and a lovely carbonara spaghetti. desserts were very good though not fantastic, and the mall isn't the best but at those prices it is just a brilliant experience. all in all will eat there again, dinner this time - maybe a nice wine as their wine list looked very impressive!