“Good value for money. Friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Amax Inn

Hotel Amax Inn
Ranked #28 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Singapore
“Good value for money. Friendly staff”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed there 1 night just after arriving in daily airport. The location is great with direct metro from airport and then 10 minutes walk. The hotel staff is very friendly and showed us 3 rooms at different prices. The one in the new building are very nice but we went for the cheaper one on the original building. The double room was small but everything was in working order (even the AC).
Also the hotel staff offered us to take for free some guide books they had, this was very nice because we took two great books that were very useful for the rest of the trip.
So I would recommend this hotel as it is good value for money with nice people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed three nights at Amax. Staff are very helpful, usual stains on the sheets for cheap Indian hotels/guest houses. Food was okay, roof top terrace was nothing to shout about, rats kept us entertained whilst we waited for food. Don't let that put you off though, they are everywhere in India! All in all, one of the better cheap places to stay in India.

Room Tip: Check the sheets and towels before you accept the room. Otherwise all good.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Very friendly hotel, with really helpful management. Rooms are clean and a comfortable size and with plenty of natural light. Small roof-top restaurant is a real bonus. Very good value for the price you are paying for a good location Hotel in Delhi.

Room Tip: The slightly more expensive room options are good rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonnyb844
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Me and my wife stayed at hotel Amax Inn on 17th to 19th and again on 22nd April. The rooms are good, AC is fine, but noisy. the Room carpet used is very dirty and not matching the room, the Roof top restaurent is not good and they do not have a good menu. The quality is very poor. Inspite opting for a North Indian Thali food, I had to wait around 45 minutes and when I lost my patience I gone to upstairs and asked to either serve or cancel my order on a day even I was very tired after lot of tour outside. The only desk and charis on the so called restuarant on the roof top itself is not clearn and found dirty. Okay. Coming back to the hotel facilities. the TV is good and working. Bathrooms are so clearn , but hotwater is not getting everytime properly whatsoever is their claim for that. Not a problem now beause its hot summer. I stayed in a delux double room AC . The Tariff what they told me is Rs. 950/- including taxes and they billed me for 17th to 19th april accordingly. But during our stay in 22nd April, they took additional amount saying its tax whereas I stayed in the same room, for the same rate what they quoted. I didint understnad how he can charge me additionally which I felt very bad . But I didint go for an argument since we were in very hurry to reach Nizamuddin Railway station to board my train to cochin ( Ernakulam ) .

That was the only incident which i didint like . The hotel guys are very courteous and reasonably polite. They also helped us by directing us on how to move around Delhi . They kept our luggage for two days for free. I didint use Wifi. We stayed in the third floor and the almost all rooms are similar.

I surely recommend this hotel to the travel community.

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor , no idea of other rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sanjay D
Varanasi, India
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was the 1st destination in India and we were pleasantly surprised with the overal cleanliness of the hotel.
Great location, just over 5 minutes walk from New Delhi railway station, staff were very helpful all the time and wifi was working fine till around 1am every night. We were staying in room 202, ac was working fine and the bed was comfy, had hot and cold shower in a newly refurbished bathroom. Will be noisy during the day due to some further refurbishment works being carried out in the hotel, but quiet and pleasant at night.
Restaurant at the top - useless, much better to order your food in the room, same price, but much more comfortable. Food was really good and tasty, not pricey.

Room Tip: Traveling during the hot months make sure to get the ac room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Although the arrival to the hotel through seemingly down-at-the-heels streets -- this was my first trip to India -- walking through the front door of the modest yet very clean hotel, greeted by friendly staff, immediately put me at ease. An exceptional young man, Syed, whose office is in the back of the lobby, spoke with my travel partner and myself to organize our movements through India. All was beautifully coordinated, with hired drivers meeting us at difficult junctures --l like negotiating the Delhi train station, bought train tickets, plane tickets, etc. We returned several times to the hotel during our travels; it had become home base. Our final week we wanted cool air and mountains after the heat of Rajasthan and Varanasi. We ended up in Srinagar, Kashmir, on a houseboat, with extended family of Syed's. We were treated accordingly. Generosity and care were bountiful. I recommend highly this little hotel, which has a very nice roof restaurant with god food.

Room Tip: make sure AC works in your room!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We had a double room with AC, which was quite clean. However, it had the AC, which was extremely noisy, directly on my head so it was difficult to sleep with it on. I saw some other rooms that were much nicer looking and larger. Maybe you can ask for them when booking.

The staff was nice but not particularly warm or helpful.

The rooftop restaurant does not have as nice of a layout as some of the other rooftop restaurants in the area but the food is ok.

Also, we got an airport pick up which was on waiting for us as arranged.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple