“Great hotel good location”
Review of Hotel Amax Inn

Hotel Amax Inn
Ranked #23 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel, all went smoothly right from the beginning to the end. All emails answered promptly, and booking was safely made. I treated myself to an airport pickup, they were there to meet me. The hotel is down a little ally (not an unsafe, dirty ally, just a non-traffic paved walkway, no need to worry), so it is fairly quiet. Staff were friendly and polite. Room was fairly small, but adequate. Large budget rooms in a big city are rare anyway. Room was one of the renovated ones, double glazed window, small but modern and spotlessly clean bathroom (I think one of the best I had in India), lots of hot water at any time, TV with satellite channels. There was no top sheet on the bed, typical in India, so I requested one and it was provided. Varied menu for food either on the roof terrace or in the room. (I'm often grateful for room service, if I'm too tired to go out or socialise after a busy day). WIFI downstairs. The location is fine, there are quite a few cheap eats places around for those on a tight budget. Metro station is about a 10 minute walk away, as is the main train station. The streets are busy enough at night so I felt safe as a female walking around on my own. I had booked a train ticket through them to Agra, but the train delayed for hours due to fog (a big problem with delayed trains in winter due to fog - be warned. And also be wary about "helpful guys" at the train station telling you about other places to get tickets - its a scam). I got a bit flustered by the guys at the train station (!!) so rang the hotel and told them the train had been delayed. They looked after me - told me to come back to the hotel, they got on the internet with me to see about buses, booked me a ticket, and came out to the street with me to organise an auto rickshaw to the bus station at the right price. Since Delhi is often a first stop in India it is good to be in a place that knows the needs of overseas travellers, and will go out of their way to help if needed, or offer sound advice.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms are renovated, but renovated ones are good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Amax Inn

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Good hotel to stay in Paharganj, just opposite to New Delhi Railway Station, with family. Go outside for food, available in variety nearby. Rooms are spacious enough for two Guest. Lots of foreigner national are also found there

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for a second time in May 2014. It is a very friendly hotel in a good location within walking distance of New Delhi train station. The rooms are incredibly good value for the prices that you pay, and they were perfectly clean. The bathrooms also have hot water when you want it. The staff are really helpful for anything you need, and for information about Delhi and getting around. It was a great base to have when being in Delhi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HotelAmaxInn, Owner at Hotel Amax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Sir,
Thanks a lot for your Review for Hotel Amax Inn. We appreciate your time you had given to us. Yes as you had written it Value for Money. As it is our Motto also. We are thankful for ur time and we will be working like this.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Very good value for money. We arranged easy transfer from the airport with the hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious. Food on rooftop terrace was also nice. Most of all the staff were very helpful in arranging a driver to take us around Rajasthan for a very good price. They can help organise trains/flights also. Would highly recommend for a short stay.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest Thanks a lot from hotel Amax Inn for Writing Excellent Review . This all give us inspiration to do more well to keep the Guest Happy. We will look forward to see u agian.
with Regards

Reviewed 25 July 2014

One of the best hotel in pahar ganj . first time in 15 years of my frequent visit i stayed here . it is reslly excellent in all respects as compared to any area of pahar ganj.from the recoption counter to the room services .

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel Amax Inn is a more than adequate hotel located in a vibrant and tourist friendly area. The room was sizeable and very clean with air con and an en suite bathroom and was among the nicer rooms in which I stayed in India. The roof top restaurant provided enjoyable Indian dishes alongside a variety of basic and more Western dishes for the homesick or less adventurous. At the time of my stay WiFi was constrained to the lobby, although this was not a major issue at all and provided a great meeting place for tourists to pass on information and recommendations to each other. The staff were incredibly friendly and helped myself and few others who were staying at the Hotel with some unfortunate business with some fake tourist offices. I must thank them as my visit would have been a lot less enjoyable and a lot more stressful without their assistance!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
HotelAmaxInn, Owner at Hotel Amax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest Thanks for your Feedback. We feel happy to keep our Guests Happy. The Guests feed back inspired us to do more Hard-work for the Total Satisfaction of the Guests. We will keep trying our Job.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is nicer than ones I usually stay in but it is worth every penny. I have stayed here on three occasions, it is a oasis. In a country like India it is very important to have someone you can trust, especially in your first city to help arrange your trip. If you are coming to India, fly into Delhi, and stay at the Amax Inn your first night, it is your only hope.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest thanks for your excellent feedback. Our Motto is Value for Money. We will this attitude for the Future also.