“fantastic stay, amazing people”
Review of Hotel Amax Inn

Hotel Amax Inn
Ranked #29 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“fantastic stay, amazing people”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed twice during a month trip in India. Great rooms, clean and tidy for a great price!
It was a completely hassle free stay at the AMAX. The staff are so generous with there time to help you through and getting around Delhi but also the rest of India. There is always staff around to point you in the right direction. The rooftop terrace was a great place to come back to after long days sight seeing. The staff also helped us get a refund from tourist guide scam.
would be hard to match such a great budge hotel as this.... thank you AMAX

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over the years, and it always impresses. For what you pay, you get a great location with no hassles and a lot of extra rupees to spend in Delhi. There's very little to complain about at this hotel, it is just what one would want, especially after a long flight into the country. I'll be back, I can guarantee it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
HotelAmaxInn, Owner at Hotel Amax Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest we are thankful for your valuable time u spend for Review. We are Grateful with your advises and feed back. We hope to do more well for our clients.
With Regards
Anil Dehal
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Especially for Delhi this is one of the best options! We saw all types of rooms and all of them were neat and clean. The higher priced rooms offer a little more comfort and space. The rooms are cleaned daily and the hotel changes towels daily. The owners/management are friendly and helpful, they offer very reasonably priced pick up service from the airport (which we would definitely recommend to take) as well as cabs to the airport. The location is great as it is close easily within walking distance from the main bazar, but not on it so that there is less traffic and noise. A big minus is the service at the hotel restaurant! It is a true loss as the food is fine! In the morning there was no one to wait the tables and it took 45 minutes for us to get a simple breakfast. We understand that thing take time, however it is really inconvenient as we wanted to go into town early etc. Luckily there are a lot of great places to eat just around the corner!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am really impressed and happy about my decision in staying in Amax Inn. You get an incredible room, clean and modern for the lowest price. The manager which name is ANIL is really friendly and polite. He tried in every moment to make my stance very nice. I'm coming Delhi on 14 Th.. And I have already my booking in Amax Inn

• Stayed August 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel, all went smoothly right from the beginning to the end. All emails answered promptly, and booking was safely made. I treated myself to an airport pickup, they were there to meet me. The hotel is down a little ally (not an unsafe, dirty ally, just a non-traffic paved walkway, no need to worry), so it is fairly quiet. Staff were friendly and polite. Room was fairly small, but adequate. Large budget rooms in a big city are rare anyway. Room was one of the renovated ones, double glazed window, small but modern and spotlessly clean bathroom (I think one of the best I had in India), lots of hot water at any time, TV with satellite channels. There was no top sheet on the bed, typical in India, so I requested one and it was provided. Varied menu for food either on the roof terrace or in the room. (I'm often grateful for room service, if I'm too tired to go out or socialise after a busy day). WIFI downstairs. The location is fine, there are quite a few cheap eats places around for those on a tight budget. Metro station is about a 10 minute walk away, as is the main train station. The streets are busy enough at night so I felt safe as a female walking around on my own. I had booked a train ticket through them to Agra, but the train delayed for hours due to fog (a big problem with delayed trains in winter due to fog - be warned. And also be wary about "helpful guys" at the train station telling you about other places to get tickets - its a scam). I got a bit flustered by the guys at the train station (!!) so rang the hotel and told them the train had been delayed. They looked after me - told me to come back to the hotel, they got on the internet with me to see about buses, booked me a ticket, and came out to the street with me to organise an auto rickshaw to the bus station at the right price. Since Delhi is often a first stop in India it is good to be in a place that knows the needs of overseas travellers, and will go out of their way to help if needed, or offer sound advice.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms are renovated, but renovated ones are good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Raigarh, India
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Good hotel to stay in Paharganj, just opposite to New Delhi Railway Station, with family. Go outside for food, available in variety nearby. Rooms are spacious enough for two Guest. Lots of foreigner national are also found there

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for a second time in May 2014. It is a very friendly hotel in a good location within walking distance of New Delhi train station. The rooms are incredibly good value for the prices that you pay, and they were perfectly clean. The bathrooms also have hot water when you want it. The staff are really helpful for anything you need, and for information about Delhi and getting around. It was a great base to have when being in Delhi.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HotelAmaxInn, Owner at Hotel Amax Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sir,
Thanks a lot for your Review for Hotel Amax Inn. We appreciate your time you had given to us. Yes as you had written it Value for Money. As it is our Motto also. We are thankful for ur time and we will be working like this.
With Regards