“Exquisitely beautiful place to stay!!”
Review of Hotel Diplomat

Hotel Diplomat
Ranked #273 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“Exquisitely beautiful place to stay!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I and my wife stayed at the hotel on 21st July, 2014. We are very much happy with the hospitality of the hotel staffs. They all are very much gentle, cooperative, with good English vocabulary! Their room air conditioners are powerful! Bathrooms are spacious, cool, neat and clean. Wifi is good! Minibar is nice! Room has telephone with calling outside facility. Breakfast is simple and nice!

Next time I wish to stay there again along with my family members and kids!

Stayed July 2014
Diplomat2014, Manager Operations at Hotel Diplomat, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Greetings from Hotel Diplomat

We would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that several aspects of the hotel, service and staff have left you with a favorable impression and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the entire team at the hotel who were happy to receive the same. Your positive feedback is a great source of motivation for us as we strive to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Diplomat for another memorable experience.

Thanks & Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The rooms were neat and tidy and the toilets clean. We stayed for one night on July 3rd.
The restaurant is being renovated. As the building is old there is continuous renovations.
The staff are very polite and helpful and the rates are reasonable.
I definitely recommend this hotel and will not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Very good location if you have work with the Embassy's. 10 minute ride Connaught Place to shop...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Diplomat2014, Manager Operations at Hotel Diplomat, responded to this review, 7 August 2014

Sandeep Balodi
Indore, India
Reviewed 5 June 2014

One should not stay in hotel Diplomat and waste their time, energy and money. Rooms are not good and service is also poor. Air conditioners were not functioning when temperature of Delhi was 42 degree C on 2nd June 2014. Air conditioner was just making noice. Further it was funny to know that since we booked through internet, therefore complimentary breakfast is not possible. Even on payment, when we entered, there were cornflakes, fresh fruits, bottled juice, tea or coffee. For any other item, it was on order. Material was not kept there. So we ordered for curd, aloo parathas, bread toast and it took more than 15 minutes for service.

Room Tip: there is no choice at all
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank shankargarg

Greetings from Hotel Diplomat

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to our notice. I have noted your observations for suitable corrective action.At Diplomat it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Sandeep Balodi

Manager Operations

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Diplomat is in the diplomatic enclave of Delhi and thus the name. However, few diplomats stay here. We had frequented the hotel's restaurant many times and enjoyed the food and quality of service. Unfortunately, the hotel does not match the restaurant. (which is now closed for renovations). Despite reservations and a paper showing the reservation, the hotel desk clerk seemed mystified at our arrival at 11pm but a room was found. It was very tired - the bathroom especially was in need of lots of upgrades, a thorough cleaning, and several repairs. The room was decent in size, fairly clean, and the beds comfortable. The next day we changed rooms to one that was somewhat in better condition, but again those bathrooms. Rooms need a fresh coat of paint and the exterior of the hotel needs a pressure wash and new paint. Staff English skills are pretty basic. While both of our rooms had refrigerators, neither worked. The a/c was efficient, quite necessary in Delhi in May. There was a flat screen TV but we never turned it on. One positive of the hotel is that the rooms have double paned windows, which very effectively cuts out the noise of the nearby busy street. The Diplomat would not be a hotel I would return to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NeroNewDelhi
Diplomat2014, General Manager at Hotel Diplomat, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Nero New Delhi,

Greetings from Hotel Diplomat, New Delhi!

Hotel Diplomat, since its inception, has been upheld for our hospitality and has enviable repute.Hotel Diplomat has been known for its unmatched service and a warm ambience and as a-home-away-from-home for its discerning guests.
It is our endeavor to not only meet your expectations but exceed it. It has been brought to my notice that the housekeeping standards did not meet your expectations. On the outset kindly accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of all team members at Hotel Diplomat. I have taken personal note of the challenge that you have faced and have taken the necessary steps to avoid any reoccurrence of the same with our other guests and your future visits to the hotel.
It has always been our endeavor to build a strong and long-term relationship with each of our guests and we will make sure that your future stay will be a memorable one.
I personally assuring you best in hospitality services and we always consider you as a part of our family.
I look forward to a close business relationship with you and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Simran S
GM
Hotel Diplomat
Kent
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed there on business last year, was due to stay there 3 nights, but they had only booked me in for the first night, and the hotel was fully booked for the other nights. They didnt bother to tell me that when I arrived, and proceeded to put me in a tiny, noisy room. They woke me up at 8am to tell me I had to leave. No apology, no discounts (I didnt care about the money as my work paid, but a gesture would have been nice). Scandalous.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Neville Bartok,

Greetings from Hotel Diplomat, New Delhi!

Hotel Diplomat, since its inception, has been upheld for our hospitality and has enviable repute. Hotel Diplomat has been known for its unmatched service and a warm ambience and as a-home-away-from-home for its discerning guests.
It is our endeavor to not only meet your expectations but exceed it. It has been brought to my notice that your stay at Hotel Diplomat did not meet your expectations. On the outset kindly accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of all team members at Hotel Diplomat. I have taken personal note of the challenge that you have faced and have taken the necessary steps to avoid any reoccurrence of the same with our other guests and your future visits to the hotel.
I look forward to a close business relationship with you and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavours.
Simran Singh

Hotel Diplomat,
Chanakyapuri-110021
New Delhi
Lakefield, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed twice at the Diplomat during a 2 week trip to India in Spring 2013. First 2 night stay was pleasant, room was very nice, clean, neat, modern...no complaints..staff was friendly and attentive especially in the restaurant.
When I returned I was given a very second rate room, small, terrible bathroom and was charged the same price as the room I had previously. When I complained I was essentially ignored and told too bad, sold out, tough luck and same quality room...same price. The front desk were quite rude and indifferent. Upon further investigation (after the fact) I determined that I was given a lesser quality room and yet was charged for their top of line room. This is not an inexpensive hotel and I would advise folks to do as much research as possible before booking. Could have been a better experience with a little more customer service. Great restaurant if you want to try non-Indian cuisine...but why??

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Diplomat2014, General Manager at Hotel Diplomat, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Jamie A

Greetings from The Diplomat, New Delhi!

The Diplomat , since its inception, has been upheld for our hospitality and has enviable repute. The Diplomat has been known for its unmatched service and a warm ambience and as a-home-away-from-home for its discerning guests.
It is our endeavour to not only meet your expectations but exceed it. It has been brought to my notice that the customer service and Italian Cuisine did not meet your expectations. On the outset kindly accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of all team members at The Diplomat . I have taken personal note of the challenge that you have faced and have taken the necessary steps to avoid any re occurrence of the same with our other guests and your future visits to the hotel.

It has always been our endeavour to build a strong and long-term relationship with each of our guests and we will make sure that your future stay will be a memorable one.
Simran S

The Hotel Diplomat
9 SP Marg; Chanakyapuri
New Delhi-21
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The price is the only downfall, its over priced compared to other hotels in the vicinity under the same caliber. Very friendly staff and always there to assist. Breakfast at the restaurant was good, the decor and ambiance was great, food was not too bad and enough choices as per continental plan. Even the auto drivers said that its a very expensive place...!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business